MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   Whos got their first ding, chip or scratch? (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/212002-whos-got-their-first-ding-chip-scratch.html)

CarGuru 09-29-2007 11:27 PM

Whos got their first ding, chip or scratch?

My wife & I sat at the table when we bought our car and scratched at the idea of adding the “Clear-Bra” treatment at the time of the deal. The stealership wanted $800+ I think almost $1K for the kit and a reputable aftermarket establishment in my area wanted about $650. Either way I thought it was $$$ for some plastic lexon material. Also in hind sight or word of advise if you are finicky about dings and nicks, chips etc.. Don’t let your car leave the lot without the treatment. I think ultimately it’s my stupidity for wanting to drive the car home right away the day we got it, and now with my busy schedule and my wife’s full time job it’s not convenient to drop the car off for the Clear-Bra.

Needless to say, we’ve had our car almost two moths and 2400 miles and the front air-dam area has about four small chips already as my wife drives 12 miles to work daily on a busy freeway, and after detailing the car today I noticed a new one on the left side of the bumper. My work truck is eight months old and has 26K miles on it already and the hood, grille and windshield look sand blasted, but that is some 150+ miles I drive, mostly freeway daily. It doesn’t bother me really about the Benz, I’m just glad the first ones are out of the way. I guess my point to this thread is that it is impossible to keep a daily driver pristine. Even my 18” AMG wheels, one or two have small chips from the freeway….. I can’t wait till they make a “Clear-Bra” for wheels Lol.

-Ryan

stealtheo 09-30-2007 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by CarGuru (Post 2434200)
My wife & I sat at the table when we bought our car and scratched at the idea of adding the “Clear-Bra” treatment at the time of the deal. The stealership wanted $800+ I think almost $1K for the kit and a reputable aftermarket establishment in my area wanted about $650. Either way I thought it was $$$ for some plastic lexon material. Also in hind sight or word of advise if you are finicky about dings and nicks, chips etc.. Don’t let your car leave the lot without the treatment. I think ultimately it’s my stupidity for wanting to drive the car home right away the day we got it, and now with my busy schedule and my wife’s full time job it’s not convenient to drop the car off for the Clear-Bra.

Needless to say, we’ve had our car almost two moths and 2400 miles and the front air-dam area has about four small chips already as my wife drives 12 miles to work daily on a busy freeway, and after detailing the car today I noticed a new one on the left side of the bumper. My work truck is eight months old and has 26K miles on it already and the hood, grille and windshield look sand blasted, but that is some 150+ miles I drive, mostly freeway daily. It doesn’t bother me really about the Benz, I’m just glad the first ones are out of the way. I guess my point to this thread is that it is impossible to keep a daily driver pristine. Even my 18” AMG wheels, one or two have small chips from the freeway….. I can’t wait till they make a “Clear-Bra” for wheels Lol.

-Ryan

I hear ya, I convinced the person trying to sell me the bra for 800- to give it to me for 650.00 installed at the MB Dealer and that way it has a lifetime warranty. At first I thought way too much money buy now I am glad I did it. I also sold another customer on the idea and they bought it. When I took the car in to have the bra installed, the girl also had my car simonized. When I questioned her on it she said she did it for free because of the sale I made for her. So all in all I got the bra and simonize for 650.00 Not too bad.

CarGuru 09-30-2007 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by stealtheo (Post 2434299)
I hear ya, I convinced the person trying to sell me the bra for 800- to give it to me for 650.00 installed at the MB Dealer and that way it has a lifetime warranty. At first I thought way too much money buy now I am glad I did it. I also sold another customer on the idea and they bought it. When I took the car in to have the bra installed, the girl also had my car simonized. When I questioned her on it she said she did it for free because of the sale I made for her. So all in all I got the bra and simonize for 650.00 Not too bad.

I wonder does the CB cover the lowest most chin area? Thats where our car has collected the most nicks? The $650 doesn't bother me, I figure in two years I will have the front bumper cover re-painted anyway and that will probably get me through until it's time to up grade to something else.

-Ryan

TEAShea 09-30-2007 11:09 AM

It is a real problem. I am going to use my C350 as a show car for the first year, so I will only drive it about 400 miles a year - thus no clearn protector, but I did install small splash guards for all four wheels.

TEAShea
from Nebraska