C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Good news for Blackberry Curve owners (and for me)!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 09:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C350 Sax 5th Ave. Edition
Good news for Blackberry Curve owners (and for me)!

So last week I ordered a C350 from a local dealer. It was scheduled to be built in mid December, and I was getting prepared for the long wait. So this morning on a whim, I called another dealership in the area and described my desired specs to the salesman, and he informed me they had just gotten in two Saks editions the night before, and one was available. I drove off the lot with it at 5PM tonight! Loving it so far.

I've been reading these threads for the past few weeks and have been concerned about pairing my BB Curve (8300), as I have been driving a BMW and the address book worked flawlessly.

So with the help of someone at the dealership, I was able to pair up the phone. When I asked if she thought I could get my address book to sync, she said she didn't think so.

I looked down at my BB and "left clicked" on the newly paired device on my phone. There was an option that said "Send Address Book". I selected it, the hour glass appeared, and about 20 seconds later something appeared that said 267 addresses successfully loaded....and VIOLA! My entire address book is available whenever i get in the car, and even better, they all work via the Voice Command!

How cool is that!
Old 10-23-2007, 10:05 PM

2008 MB C300; 2007 Acura RDX
No way!!! wonder if it will work with the BB 8830 World Edition as well.

I love how gadgety (is that a word) this car is!

Awesome Gatercedes
Old 10-23-2007, 11:19 PM

2008 Mercedes C350 Sport
Awesome!!!

Originally Posted by Gatercedes
So last week I ordered a C350 from a local dealer. It was scheduled to be built in mid December, and I was getting prepared for the long wait. So this morning on a whim, I called another dealership in the area and described my desired specs to the salesman, and he informed me they had just gotten in two Saks editions the night before, and one was available. I drove off the lot with it at 5PM tonight! Loving it so far.

I've been reading these threads for the past few weeks and have been concerned about pairing my BB Curve (8300), as I have been driving a BMW and the address book worked flawlessly.

So with the help of someone at the dealership, I was able to pair up the phone. When I asked if she thought I could get my address book to sync, she said she didn't think so.

I looked down at my BB and "left clicked" on the newly paired device on my phone. There was an option that said "Send Address Book". I selected it, the hour glass appeared, and about 20 seconds later something appeared that said 267 addresses successfully loaded....and VIOLA! My entire address book is available whenever i get in the car, and even better, they all work via the Voice Command!

How cool is that!
So glad to hear that, man! I am getting the Curve 8310 and was wondering if it was going to work! I take delivery of my C350 on Monday and can hardly wait! Congrats on your Saks Edition!

Out of curiosity, how does the SMS read out work with the Curve? Can the Command System actually read out your text messages?
Old 10-24-2007, 12:49 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C350
Do you have the MM package?
I haven't been able to use the voice command with my address book (I dont have the MM package) although I do have the voice buton on the wheel (we all do reagardless of the package options).

Is calling up contacts throug the voice command a feature only available in MM? Thanks
Old 10-24-2007, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by KmanianC
Out of curiosity, how does the SMS read out work with the Curve? Can the Command System actually read out your text messages?
I'm honestly not sure if the SMS read out works with the Curve....hadn't tried it and I'm not sure if (or how) it will work...

I'll let you know if I can figure it out.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Bokx_350
Do you have the MM package?
I haven't been able to use the voice command with my address book (I dont have the MM package) although I do have the voice buton on the wheel (we all do reagardless of the package options).

Is calling up contacts throug the voice command a feature only available in MM? Thanks
Yes I do have MM, and I don't know if VC is only through MM. Sorry.