C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

How is everybody paying for their new 2008 C class??? Cash? MB Financing? Lease2own?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 06:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
LOADED 08' C350 & 14' GLK-350 Diamond White (P1, MM, AMG Pkg, Ln Trkng, Htd Sts, Keylss Go)
How is everybody paying for their new 2008 C class??? Cash? MB Financing? Lease2own?

How is everybody paying for their new 2008 C class??? Cash? MB Financing? Lease to own?

I have the money to do any of the options to pay but am wondering which way will most likely get me the cheapest price OTD... The dealer told me if I waited and ordered, it would be "VERY" possible that I could get my target price of $4685 off MSRP...

I am planning on owning this car since I don't own a business to write off the lease...

My car arrived today at the dealer and he said they are detailing it and it should be ready Friday for pickup...

Also, so I have to pay, tax, tags, the advertising fee... any other fees out there that might come up on the invoice at the end??? I am trying to become as educated as I can so I don't get tricked by a dealer throwing on some BS fee...

Thanks in advance for your answers!
Old 10-24-2007, 07:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C350 Sport, 2007 ML320 CDI
I'm leasing mine. I get new car fever every 2-3 years, so it's cheaper for me to lease.

I'm probably going to use leasecompare.com unless I can use their quote to get an equally good deal out of Mercedes financial. For my local area, there were two banks that quoted lease rates that were significantly cheaper that MB's rates. I'm a bit nervous about going through a service like this, but it seems to have received some good reviews from people who have used it before. We'll see...
Old 10-24-2007, 08:23 PM

'07 CLS550, '10 BMW X5M, '10 Avalanche LTZ, '06 F-150 FX-4
I'm financing mine through MB.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 E350 Sport 4Matic - P2 & Drivers Assist / 2010 C300 Sport 4Matic - P2 / 2013 Porsche Cayenne S
I like to lease. New car every 3 years. If I own a car I like to sell it before it turns 5 anyway. Leasing seams to be cheaper and also less hassle. My only complaint about MB Financial is it's a pain in the *** taking the car out of the country for a trip. My brother lives in Canada and I like to drive up there but I need to get permission from MB to take the car out of the country.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
The rates through MB suck right now. My Fiance was quoted around 6.9% for 5 years. I think we are going to try through her credit union. Not sure if it will be any cheaper.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:35 PM

2008 MB C300; 2007 Acura RDX
Originally Posted by LaicepsYdobon
I like to lease. New car every 3 years. If I own a car I like to sell it before it turns 5 anyway. Leasing seams to be cheaper and also less hassle. My only complaint about MB Financial is it's a pain in the *** taking the car out of the country for a trip. My brother lives in Canada and I like to drive up there but I need to get permission from MB to take the car out of the country.
what? really? never heard of that problem ... just for a regular visit? crazy.

I'm leasing btw ...though I do alot of K's I get the new car itch every 4 years, so buying is not an option
Old 10-25-2007, 12:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C350
Buying mine...4.9% interest rate through my credit union. The regular rate is 5.7% but I'm putting 20% down on the car so they gave me the better rate..

I used to lease cars when I owned my own business and it was great then because of the tax advantages. Now I prefer to build equity in the car and don't want to be limited to mileage requirements (I have a 30 mile daily commute) so I buy...even though I plan on buying another MB in a few years.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by MBTex
Buying mine...4.9% interest rate through my credit union. The regular rate is 5.7% but I'm putting 20% down on the car so they gave me the better rate..

I used to lease cars when I owned my own business and it was great then because of the tax advantages. Now I prefer to build equity in the car and don't want to be limited to mileage requirements (I have a 30 mile daily commute) so I buy...even though I plan on buying another MB in a few years.
Wow....5.7% is way better than the 6.9% I was quoted by the dealer.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E350 Iridium Silver with pano
If you're going to finance, you might want to consider a Credit Union since they usually have a fairly good rate. My credit union here in California is 5.6% on a new auto loan.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C350
Originally Posted by Stiggs
Wow....5.7% is way better than the 6.9% I was quoted by the dealer.
Yeah the MB Financial rates are pretty high right now. I got a good rate because of my past history with the credit union, the cash I have on deposit there, and because I'm putting 10K in case down on the car.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:08 PM

2011 E350 Sport 4Matic - P2 & Drivers Assist / 2010 C300 Sport 4Matic - P2 / 2013 Porsche Cayenne S
Originally Posted by marakbai
what? really? never heard of that problem ... just for a regular visit? crazy.
Yeah its a little insane with them. This past summer I drove up to Montreal for the F1 race and I had to submit the following:
  • Days leaving and re-entering the US
  • Proof of insurance coverage while up in Canada
  • Name, address and phone number of hotel where staying
All of this was pretty reasonable I thought so I didn't make a big deal out of it; after-all technically its not my car. Then a few month later I've put in another request for going back up there but this time they wanted all of the above plus 3 letters of recommendation telling them that I was trust worthy for taking the car out of the country and bringing it back. I responded that by me paying the monthy lease price should be enough to demonstrate my trustworthiness but according to them it isn't.
The funny thing is that at the border they never ask who's car it is and they never ask for proof of ownership nor a letter of permission from MB financial.
And one more thing; you can only take your car out of the US for no more then 5 or 7 days (I forgot which). If you want to go one a two-week driving trip with your car to Europe they will tell you to fly and rent a car there.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:22 PM

2008 - S550 4Matic, 2010 - E350 4Matic, 2010 - C350 4Matic
It is amazing to read the differences between the USA and Canada. If "snow birds" were not allowed, to take their leased vehicles, for more than 7 days, to the USA, most would have to hitch hike to Florida.

Canadian Banks are not allowed to write automotive leases.

We have to sign a note, in our sales contract that we purchase the car, but agree not to export the car. I have a problem with that. After I pay for the car, it is mine and I should be able to do with it what I like. If I want to sell my car in the USA, why should I be prohibited from doing so?

Jorg
Old 10-26-2007, 11:42 AM

C63, SLK55
Yeah its a little insane with them. This past summer I drove up to Montreal for the F1 race and I had to submit the following:
  • Days leaving and re-entering the US
  • Proof of insurance coverage while up in Canada
  • Name, address and phone number of hotel where staying
All of this was pretty reasonable I thought so I didn't make a big deal out of it; after-all technically its not my car. Then a few month later I've put in another request for going back up there but this time they wanted all of the above plus 3 letters of recommendation telling them that I was trust worthy for taking the car out of the country and bringing it back. I responded that by me paying the monthy lease price should be enough to demonstrate my trustworthiness but according to them it isn't.
The funny thing is that at the border they never ask who's car it is and they never ask for proof of ownership nor a letter of permission from MB financial.
And one more thing; you can only take your car out of the US for no more then 5 or 7 days (I forgot which). If you want to go one a two-week driving trip with your car to Europe they will tell you to fly and rent a car there.

I never knew that! I always travel to Canada and never ever did I ask permission from MB financial. They never ask at the border so why bother!! How would MB know anyways!
I think unless ur exporting to a foreign country outside of the US and Canada, you will not get hassled about the car papers.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:41 PM

c300
That's hilarious. I go up to Vancouver all the time and would've never even considered it ... not that I'm going to bother with it in the future.

I thought technically you don't own a car when you're financing it regardless of lease or traditional loan?
Old 10-26-2007, 01:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C350
Originally Posted by oblu
I thought technically you don't own a car when you're financing it regardless of lease or traditional loan?
That depends on the local law depending on what country (or US State) you are in. Some US States are "Lien Theory" States where you have title, but it is subject to the lender's lien.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 E350 4Matic Wagon, 2013 C350 4Matic Sedan
Originally Posted by Jorg
Canadian Banks are not allowed to write automotive leases.
Not true, actually... I have arranged for financing from BMO Bank of Montreal. Got a variable rate loan at posted rate. Better than I could get from MB Credit.

Originally Posted by Jorg
We have to sign a note, in our sales contract that we purchase the car, but agree not to export the car. I have a problem with that. After I pay for the car, it is mine and I should be able to do with it what I like. If I want to sell my car in the USA, why should I be prohibited from doing so?
I didn't have to do that. And why would they suspect that you would sell it to the US? You're going to lose at least $9K. I can see MBUSA making all buyers in the US sign those agreements to stop the flow of cars to Canada.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by STLTH_AMG
I never knew that! I always travel to Canada and never ever did I ask permission from MB financial. They never ask at the border so why bother!! How would MB know anyways!
Yeah it's pretty silly. There were occasions where they didn't even send me a letter permitting me to take the car out of the country and I wasn't about to cancel my trip because of it. You are right though; A) they would never know and B) nobody ever asks at the border. I guess the only way MB would know is if you get into an accident up in Canada. I wonder what the consequenes, if any, would be ?
Old 10-26-2007, 11:54 PM

Yeah it's pretty silly. There were occasions where they didn't even send me a letter permitting me to take the car out of the country and I wasn't about to cancel my trip because of it. You are right though; A) they would never know and B) nobody ever asks at the border. I guess the only way MB would know is if you get into an accident up in Canada. I wonder what the consequenes, if any, would be ?
this is all so crazy ... that's why you have insurance ... I can't believe MBFinancial would care about that stuff ... who knew
Old 10-26-2007, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by peabers
Not true, actually... I have arranged for financing from BMO Bank of Montreal. Got a variable rate loan at posted rate. Better than I could get from MB Credit.
I was wondering what private financing rates were ...can you share? Interest rates are the best way to save $ on this car.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by marakbai
I was wondering what private financing rates were ...can you share? Interest rates are the best way to save $ on this car.
Posted rate is 6.25%. That's public knowledge (on the web-site). I don't think they would go below that for loans. Mortgages, maybe 1.5% below posted.

Or you can try a Credit Union which usually offers lower rates.

Canoe Money maintains a list of non-manufacturer Car Loan providers in Canada.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:16 PM

08' MB C350 / 03' Lincoln Aviator
Originally Posted by NO_WUR_E
If you're going to finance, you might want to consider a Credit Union since they usually have a fairly good rate. My credit union here in California is 5.6% on a new auto loan.

Mind if I ask who is your CU, we're only getting 6.5% from Tech CU also located in the Bay Area and pretty sure our credit is flawless. -thanks
Old 10-27-2007, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by maytag
Mind if I ask who is your CU, we're only getting 6.5% from Tech CU also located in the Bay Area and pretty sure our credit is flawless. -thanks
maytag -- arranged my financing from the Bank of Montreal here in Toronto. They're offering me 6.25%.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:45 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 E300, Selenite Grey, P2, Sport Wheel package 18" AMG, Leather seats
I financed through a Teacher's CU, at 6.0% for 60 mos. It would be 5.75% for 48 mos.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C350
<<<this is all so crazy ... that's why you have insurance ... I can't believe MBFinancial would care about that stuff ... who knew>>>

It isn't about insurance or accidents...it's about them not wanting to search the globe for your car if you default on your loan.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 Ghibli S Q4 & 2008 C350
Great thread. I was wondering how people were financing these cars. I got 5.85% for 60mo at a CU we use for auto loans. I've leased before in the past, but not a good option for me anymore.

The real question is, how do people buy a SL65 AMG?! Since money is cheap to borrow, do they really put a significant amount down? I can't imagine a $4000/mo car payment... but I can dream about being able to 'afford' one.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How is everybody paying for their new 2008 C class??? Cash? MB Financing? Lease2own?