C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Special Optional Equipment W204

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 01:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 E350 4Matic Wagon, 2013 C350 4Matic Sedan
Originally Posted by MBTex
Unfortunately the car is built...should be here in 2 weeks.
MBTex -- I missed your post... you got a confirmation on the delivery date? Congrats!
Old 10-28-2007, 03:13 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
Originally Posted by RLE
The C230, being an entry level car, had reduced equipment specifications. Even the first C240 in '01 had a simpler AC system, a basic radio (not Bose) and other shortcomings compared to the C320 and later, the C350 which nobody ordered.
I see one every day
Old 10-28-2007, 03:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 E55 and 2002 E320
Originally Posted by amdeutsch
Not only that but most forget that MB is still acompany trying to make profit. And the recent fall of the $ versus the EURO doesn't help the situation.
Imagine what the people at Jaguar cars are thinking... They're only getting 30,000 Pounds Sterling for a Jaguar XJ8 in the US market.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C350
Originally Posted by peabers
MBTex -- I missed your post... you got a confirmation on the delivery date? Congrats!
Well if an email saying the MB Rep says it "should" be here by Nov. 9 is confirmation then I did....they still can't confirm that it has been built or what ship it is on, etc....which is why I'm not overly excited.

We'll see...I'm not holding my breath quite yet....
Old 10-29-2007, 03:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 R350 & 2008 C300
Talked to a MB field rep today, he said they currently do not allow write in's when ordering a vehicle. So as of right now, this post is yet another myth but its one worth bringing up to MB, give them some insight as to what their customers really want.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C350
Good to know. I'll definately have to remember that in a couple years when it comes time to upgrade my C to an E.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:40 PM

2002-C230k 2005-C230K-SS 2005 Infinity G35 2008-C350
Originally Posted by 430752
Keyless Go and Rear Side Airbags are first, not standard? and second, neither are available as on option in the US?

The former, I admit, I hadn't given much thought to either way. The latter, I assumed came standard. I mean, they did promise me a mercedes benz, didn't they? And I can't even order them as an option? Hell, I drove a 2002 ford focus that had rear side airbags as an option! I'm going to have to look into this one, I've got two very young daughters that will be riding back there?!?

2002 C230K -
Rearside air bags - Standard equipment

2005 C-Class:
Integrated Restraint System Driver and front passenger are each provided with a dual-stage front air bag (adaptive for the front passenger side), a side-impact air bag, an Active Front Head Restraint, and a 3-point seat belt with an Emergency Tensioning Device (ETD) and adaptive belt force limiter.3 Rear outboard passengers are each provided with a 3-point seat belt with an ETD and belt force limiter. Rear center passenger is provided with a 3-point seat belt.

Window Curtain Air Bags In a side impact exceeding a preset deployment threshold, a multi-chamber air bag deploys along the front and rear side-door windows on the affected side of the vehicle.3

Dual-stage front air bags (adaptive for the passenger side) are deployed in response to frontal impact severity exceeding a preset deployment threshold.3

Occupant Classification System (OCS) OCS automatically adjusts the inflation rate of the front passenger's front air bag based on the weight category determined by weight sensor readings from the front passenger seat.4

ETDs are deployed in a front or rear impact exceeding a preset threshold of severity, or certain rollovers. A front ETD will not deploy if seat belt is unfastened. The opposite-side ETDs also deploy in side impacts exceeding the deployment threshold.

Universal LATCH system (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children) at rear outboard seating positions. Selectable passenger seat-belt retractors help secure child seats.3

Front seat belts include manually height-adjustable shoulder belts and lower points attached to seat frames.

Automatically height-adjusting rear outboard shoulder belts.

Active Front Head Restraints adjust for height and fore-aft.

Active Front Head Restraints in the front seats reduce the distance between the head restraint and the head in the event of a rear-end collision, helping limit rearward movement of the head and thereby reducing the chances of whiplash-type injuries.

Three individual rear head restraints.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by chilledbenz
Talked to a MB field rep today, he said they currently do not allow write in's when ordering a vehicle. So as of right now, this post is yet another myth but its one worth bringing up to MB, give them some insight as to what their customers really want.
Is it possible that person is misinformed? I know two examples of special orders in the US that went through within the past year. One was an SL in green, the other was a E320 Bluetec with 4 zone climate control.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C350
Originally Posted by Untertürkheim
Is it possible that person is misinformed? I know two examples of special orders in the US that went through within the past year. One was an SL in green, the other was a E320 Bluetec with 4 zone climate control.
Could be he was referring to the W204 only right now....
Old 10-30-2007, 04:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 R350 & 2008 C300
I just asked about the w204 and thats what I was told. This guy is the main MB rep for a couple of states here, so he would know. That could always change though, maybe for the 09 model year as I do recall the MB websites build your own web page offering special orders for other models a couple years back in the fine print, but there was a surcharge of like 5k for doing them though. I can't imagine any special order not costing you extra money, so thats probably the real question, how much do you want to pay for the special option?

Last edited by chilledbenz; 10-30-2007 at 04:22 PM.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C350
Originally Posted by chilledbenz
so thats probably the real question, how much do you want to pay for the special option?
To the MB dude taking notes on this forum....I would have paid extra for keyless go, the four spoke steering wheel and the ability to get the color interior that I want.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

To the MB dude taking notes on this forum....I would have paid extra for keyless go, the four spoke steering wheel and the ability to get the color interior that I want.
+1 and a Diesel engine option.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E550 4MATIC
Unfortunately i think the steering wheel is out of MBUSA's control. The three spoke wheel is what is available on the Sport models worldwide. But I agree with your keyless go and interior thoughts.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 C Wagon (No snickering please!)
Originally Posted by Kieffer
Mounted Fire Extinguisher? Wow!
I would think just shaking hands would be fine.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:40 AM

C3004Matic Sport, Blk on Blk, Pano, P1, MMC, Ipod
in that case...

If there is a mb stooge here taking notes:

lack of c350 with 4 matic. That is just about the only reason why I haven't plunked down my money yet and am shopping audi, bmw and infiniti sporty, awd, 4 door). No doubt the merc looks better and has more prestige (although that's falling by the wayside relative to others, but another topic). However, it is not as sporty as others. So, I'm paralyzed by that decision.

Then, why can't I get tan interior on a sport model? duh! not even like I'm asking for an odd color.

and no rear side airbags?

and no memory seats?

and no keyless go?

see, these last three make me revisit my earlier dilemna, between more sporty vs. looks/luxury/benz name. Becuase it reduces the value of luxury/benz name when others have those options (or std.), yet the benz doesn't (hell, I think even honda and mazda offers them). Point is, the dileman isn't really sport vs luxury/benz image anymore, it has become sport+almost lux vs. watered-down luxury/benz name?

boy, I hope there is a mb rep reading this stuff.

Old 10-31-2007, 12:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by 430752
If there is a mb stooge here taking notes:

lack of c350 with 4 matic. That is just about the only reason why I haven't plunked down my money yet and am shopping audi, bmw and infiniti sporty, awd, 4 door). No doubt the merc looks better and has more prestige (although that's falling by the wayside relative to others, but another topic). However, it is not as sporty as others. So, I'm paralyzed by that decision.

Then, why can't I get tan interior on a sport model? duh! not even like I'm asking for an odd color.

and no rear side airbags?

and no memory seats?

and no keyless go?

see, these last three make me revisit my earlier dilemna, between more sporty vs. looks/luxury/benz name. Becuase it reduces the value of luxury/benz name when others have those options (or std.), yet the benz doesn't (hell, I think even honda and mazda offers them). Point is, the dileman isn't really sport vs luxury/benz image anymore, it has become sport+almost lux vs. watered-down luxury/benz name?

boy, I hope there is a mb rep reading this stuff.

Even if they are reading, they aren't reading every post. There are companies out there that scan the internet discussion to report how much a product is being discussed etc., but people from Mercedes 99% likely don't read individual posts. If you want them to listen to these suggestions, type a quick email or letter to them and address it to Product Management.

My friend at the dealer said that they take letters from customers seriously. He said when MBUSA reps came to the dealers to present they mentioned something about getting a lot of consumer letters/complaints on the memory seats for the C-Class.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:06 AM
QQQ

MY2001 C320
I am not sure if MBUSA still does this, but in the past, write in options were sometimes allowed. Basically, one could order options, colors, etc that are available in Europe but not in the US by the dealer writing the option code in on the build sheet. This sometimes worked, but is not a guarantee. For those planning on ordering a car:

Optional Equipment: Code

Parktronic: 220
Pre-Safe: 299
Black Maple (For C300 Sport): 732
Multi-Contour Seats Front Left and Right (Only for Luxury): 409
Intelligent Light System: 622
Keyless Go: 889
3 Zone Climate Control: 581
Advanced Agility Packet: 483
Left (Driver) Seat Memory Package with Mirrors, Steering Wheel Memory and Pre-Safe Functionality (When Equipped with Pre-Safe): 275
Right (Passenger) Seat Memory With Pre-Safe Functionality (Only with Pre-Safe and Left Seat Memory): 242
Tow Hook (Luxury Only): 550
Heated Windshield Washing System: 345
Rear Side Airbags: 293
Mounted Fire Extinguisher: 682
Perakles Green: Paint Code 300

I believe those are all the options not offered in the US. Good luck to anyone who orders them, let us know if it works.
Has anyone in US / Canada successfully order these options?
Old 11-04-2007, 01:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 R350 & 2008 C300
I tried to get wood trim in a sport and it was refused. It seems no one here has actually done this, they either know someone, or heard of someone doing it. So take it for what its worth but don't be kicking yourself for what might have been . I wouldn't rule anything out, but with as easily as the w204 is selling, they really don't need to offer incentive to sell them. This sort of thing might have been done on say older body style models or more expensive models.
If you really want some of those options and won't settle for anything less, wait till the 09 model year, MB always changes options and standard equipment.

Last edited by chilledbenz; 11-04-2007 at 02:04 AM.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:16 PM
Almost a Member!

SLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by QQQ
Has anyone in US / Canada successfully order these options?
Yep!!!

220 Parktronic in an SLK 55. Not available in the US.
Dealer called in a MAJOR favor. I got it. A 1 in a million shot, so I'm told.

220 could have issues with bumpers from the DOT. Approvals etc. So I guess
it's something that may soon be available... possibly in 2009.
I would have LOVED keyless go, but it's not on the SLK 55 to my knowledge.

I did pay for the 220, but the bumpers and kids are worth it. Hell, $900 bucks
is a good day at Yankee Stadium for 4.

-editor
Old 11-06-2007, 04:23 PM

c300
I'll take the hit for rear side airbags. People like me with kids in a child seat were always asking for them to be disabled or specifically buying a car on the lot that didn't have them.

They're a huge liability when you've got a kid in the outboard positions.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:31 PM
Almost a Member!

Audi A4
My dealer said this is not possible any more... Last year, maybe and the previous years for sure... But it's not possible any more. Anyone confirm this??
Old 11-06-2007, 06:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by oblu
I'll take the hit for rear side airbags. People like me with kids in a child seat were always asking for them to be disabled or specifically buying a car on the lot that didn't have them.

They're a huge liability when you've got a kid in the outboard positions.
Mercedes also has available child seat sensors that disable the airbags in whichever position the seat is placed. Also, putting the seat in the center position is an option?
Old 11-06-2007, 07:13 PM

2008 - S550 4Matic, 2010 - E350 4Matic, 2010 - C350 4Matic
It's hard to please everybody. The C-Class has just been introduced and they had to make some decisions what options would be most popular. I am sure that very soon everything on their option list will be available. I know even the color choices are very limited.

It will get much better very soon.

Regarding the delivery:

They are experiencing a railroad strike in Germany. It started with the freight trains and is now extended to passenger trains. Depending on where your ordered car will be manufactured, they will have to be trucked to the nearest port which will take a little while longer.

Jorg
Old 11-06-2007, 08:45 PM
QQQ

MY2001 C320
Originally Posted by Jorg
It's hard to please everybody. The C-Class has just been introduced and they had to make some decisions what options would be most popular. I am sure that very soon everything on their option list will be available. I know even the color choices are very limited.

It will get much better very soon.

Regarding the delivery:

They are experiencing a railroad strike in Germany. It started with the freight trains and is now extended to passenger trains. Depending on where your ordered car will be manufactured, they will have to be trucked to the nearest port which will take a little while longer.

Jorg
In Canada we get 11 out of 12 colors. Only green is not coming and who buys green?
Old 11-06-2007, 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by QQQ
In Canada we get 11 out of 12 colors. Only green is not coming and who buys green?
That is the same as for the US (although in Europe there are a number of amazing Designo options). The green offered on the C is actually quite stunning, especially on the sport model with amg package.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Special Optional Equipment W204