MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   Question for those with Leather Interior! (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/216016-question-those-leather-interior.html)

PHYBENZ 10-29-2007 09:12 AM

Question for those with Leather Interior!

For those of you that got the leather interior, which I plan on getting, the brochure says that the center armrests are also leather with the option, is that true?

Thanks!

Krytech 11-12-2007 04:05 PM

I was considering the leather upgrade and remember the dealer telling me that the center armrest would be leather too.

QQQ 11-12-2007 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by PHYBENZ (Post 2476671)
For those of you that got the leather interior, which I plan on getting, the brochure says that the center armrests are also leather with the option, is that true?

Thanks!

saw leather at dealer today. not very impressed.

Krytech 11-12-2007 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by QQQ (Post 2499715)

I agree. I couldn't really tell the difference between the two. Upon inspection you could tell the two were different, but I probably wouldn't be able to tell which was which. I also read on these forums that the leather can scratch easily and the scratches were very noticeable on dark colors. Made opting for MB-Tex a no-brainer. Especially with two young boys! The Lexus ES350 I was considering though had really nice soft leather that was dyed the whole way through so you couldn't see scratches as easily. Probably would of opted for that if given the choice.

Jorg 11-13-2007 02:09 PM

With two little boys the MBTex is for you.

I might be mistaken but the perforation will tell you it is leather. I have no idea why the MBTex should not have perforation. I have to ask.

Jorg

The Benz 11-13-2007 02:21 PM

I have the leather and the CENTER armrests are not leather, or at least they don't appear to be. They look very similar, but there's no stitching and they feel different. The door armrests are leather however. There are no perforations in the leather.

Rick Hunter 11-13-2007 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Jorg (Post 2501648)

I might be mistaken but the perforation will tell you it is leather. I have no idea why the MBTex should not have perforation. I have to ask.

Jorg

The MBTex on the seats are perforated.

Krytech 11-13-2007 03:54 PM

Jorg

That's what I'm thinking. It just dawned on me today that I'm not going to have that new leather smell... :mercy: I hope the 'leather wrapped' steering wheel fulfills my aromatic desires ;)

RLE 11-13-2007 07:13 PM

Leather where?

<<I was considering the leather upgrade and remember the dealer telling me that the center armrest would be leather too.>>

The driver's right elbow rest is not leather. The pull-down armrest in the back seat is leather since it is part of the seat.

I've examined the beige tex interior and comparing it to my beige leather interior, I see a big difference. Black could be a different story.

There will be no children, animals or packing crates on my seats.

alpinweiss 11-13-2007 09:50 PM

Leather for luxury.
MB-Tex for durability.
:zoom:

chilledbenz 11-13-2007 10:47 PM

I'm a car nut..I always nit pick over everything on my car. When it comes down to the leather or the mb-tex in a C class, just go with the mb-tex. Its very hard to tell the difference by just looking at it, and the comfort level is about the same. Yes with leather you get the leather smell, and you get the nice stitching on the door panels, but I can think of better ways to spend the extra $1,550 they want for leather. Heck that would pay for the P1 package and still have money left over for all weather mats.

dion 11-15-2007 09:51 PM

A close friend of mine who used to be an MB technician at Fletcher Jones MB and then at Laguna Niguel MB (#1 and #2 stealers in the country) said to me when my wife and I picked up our car was "..at least you got leather..".

My car has P1, 18's and leather.

RLE 11-15-2007 10:15 PM

Stripper

<<A close friend of mine who used to be an MB technician at Fletcher Jones MB and then at Laguna Niguel MB (#1 and #2 stealers in the country) said to me when my wife and I picked up our car was "..at least you got leather..".

My car has P1, 18's and leather.>>

What he meant was (subtly) that your car is a stripper. No P2 or Multi or roof.

Krytech 11-15-2007 10:16 PM

I hope I don't regret going with the mb-tex. But after seeing what the two kid seats have done to the leather in our other two cars, I have to think I'm making the right decision. I'm new to MB and the first couple times I looked at the C class I didn't even realize that it wasn't leather. I just hope I still feel that way a few years from now.

chilledbenz 11-15-2007 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by dion (Post 2506063)
A close friend of mine who used to be an MB technician at Fletcher Jones MB and then at Laguna Niguel MB (#1 and #2 stealers in the country) said to me when my wife and I picked up our car was "..at least you got leather..".

My car has P1, 18's and leather.

Thats probably because leather is an option the dealership makes money back on lol.

According to the MB website and this is a quote "Premium leather upholstery on all seat surfaces plus headstraints" by using the word "surfaces" it leads me to believe that the only parts that are leather are the parts your body touches, the rest is mb-tex. The center of the seat is leather, but the sides are mb-tex, the back is mb-tex ect. Lol I know all those who bought leather are going to be jumping up and down and saying that can't be so, but its a common practice.

Untertürkheim 11-16-2007 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by chilledbenz (Post 2506125)
Thats probably because leather is an option the dealership makes money back on lol.

According to the MB website and this is a quote "Premium leather upholstery on all seat surfaces plus headstraints" by using the word "surfaces" it leads me to believe that the only parts that are leather are the parts your body touches, the rest is mb-tex. The center of the seat is leather, but the sides are mb-tex, the back is mb-tex ect. Lol I know all those who bought leather are going to be jumping up and down and saying that can't be so, but its a common practice.

I would not be so sure about that. When MB does that, they call it "Leather Seating Inserts" not "Leather Upholstery." The former did not include leather door panels, while the latter does.

chilledbenz 11-16-2007 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Untertürkheim (Post 2506578)
I would not be so sure about that. When MB does that, they call it "Leather Seating Inserts" not "Leather Upholstery." The former did not include leather door panels, while the latter does.

They really don't explain it all too well. "Inserts" or "Surfaces" sound almost interchangeable. Also of note is E class cars come with MB-Tex standard, but their optional leather package (same price as the C) states all leather surfaces, head restraints, and rear seat backs. So it made me wonder:nix:

omgitselaine 11-16-2007 03:40 PM

MB Tex or Leather ...if you're concerned about that new car smell ....then just use Zaino Leather Cleaner ....it smells GREAT and does keep that new car smell ???

dion 11-17-2007 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by RLE (Post 2506103)
<<A close friend of mine who used to be an MB technician at Fletcher Jones MB and then at Laguna Niguel MB (#1 and #2 stealers in the country) said to me when my wife and I picked up our car was "..at least you got leather..".

My car has P1, 18's and leather.>>

What he meant was (subtly) that your car is a stripper. No P2 or Multi or roof.

No..what he meant is I can add some of the electronics but cannot add leather. And besides, you're talking about 15xx.xx in options, which would be A PART of P2 instead of leather, right? I think at that point it's the rear folding seat, rear sunshade, headlamp washing system, Bi-Xenon headlamps, cornering fog lamps. It's all about opinion/wants and options. I wanted leather rather than the electronics. Pano, MM would've added almost 4K to the selling price. I tend to hang onto cars long after they're paid-off. Besides, it's my wife's car, this is mine....

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...3/DSC_6716.jpg
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...3/DSC_7848.jpg

Originally Posted by Krytech
I hope I don't regret going with the mb-tex. But after seeing what the two kid seats have done to the leather in our other two cars, I have to think I'm making the right decision. I'm new to MB and the first couple times I looked at the C class I didn't even realize that it wasn't leather. I just hope I still feel that way a few years from now.

The leather in my van is holding up pretty well considering we have a 3 and 5 year old, four years and 90K miles and it still cleans up well, but I don't know how well MB leather will hold up. Our C is for my wife, not the kids, so we're not so worried.

Originally Posted by chilledbenz

Yes, I don't expect the interior to be completely leather, but the face of the seat and door cards/panels are leather and you can see the difference there, not just in the stitching. I just feel if I'm going to buy a luxury car, it should have leather...but then again, all of my cars have/had leather.

chilledbenz 11-17-2007 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by dion (Post 2507979)
Yes, I don't expect the interior to be completely leather, but the face of the seat and door cards/panels are leather and you can see the difference there, not just in the stitching. I just feel if I'm going to buy a luxury car, it should have leather...but then again, all of my cars have/had leather.

I'm with you there, full leather should be standard on a Benz. It's crazy, you can drop 50 large on an E class and still not get full leather unless you check the leather option box.

Rick Hunter 11-17-2007 04:40 AM

Less really IS more, huh? We went with the MB-Tex, and am happy with them so far. I really miss the smell of new leather, though.

BTW, nice ride, dion. I like the hardtop add-on. But then again, I'm a little biased.

My other ride:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1049/...a24f43a0_o.jpg

dion 11-20-2007 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by chilledbenz

Originally Posted by dion

I'm with you there, full leather should be standard on a Benz. It's crazy, you can drop 50 large on an E class and still not get full leather unless you check the leather option box.

Even though this is our first Benz, I've always been aware of the MB Tex, but for me, at least in the older cars from the 70's and 80's, it looked like vinyl then. The MB Tex has come a long way, but I'm the guy that just likes the feel, smell, and looks of leather.

Originally Posted by Rick Hunter (Post 2508050)
Less really IS more, huh? We went with the MB-Tex, and am happy with them so far. I really miss the smell of new leather, though.

BTW, nice ride, dion. I like the hardtop add-on. But then again, I'm a little biased.

My other ride:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1049/...a24f43a0_o.jpg

Nice car, I hate you! :bow: Do you hangout on BF.C as well? I think one of the guys on the z4 area also put M6 wheels on his Z4M roady.

As far as less is more, I'm a believer in that (sort of). I think that I'm young enough to appreciate and get excited about the electronic gadgets in the cars, but old enough to be scared of them also.

tanktube67 11-21-2007 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by QQQ (Post 2499715)

you should take a pic on the Sack's model :slap:

tanktube67 11-21-2007 09:12 AM

Jorg

Perforation on MB Tex only

tanktube67 11-21-2007 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by alpinweiss (Post 2502405)
Leather for luxury.
MB-Tex for durability.
:zoom:

it's all about taste :)