MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   Water leaks from Under Front of C350 after Parking, WTF! (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/216511-water-leaks-under-front-c350-after-parking-wtf.html)

rb23lb 11-01-2007 12:20 PM

Water leaks from Under Front of C350 after Parking, WTF!

Ya, so I noticed I get about two seperate 3 inch diameter puddles of water under the front part of my car right about at the area under the car where the winshield meets the dash...

the c class shouldn't have any water in its system so I expect that this could only be condensation from the air coniditioning system, right?

It did this still after I turned off the AC and drove around for half an hour too last night...

This morning, sure enough, after min drive to gas station it started dripping water again...

Anybody know what this sounds like??

Loose hose maybe somewhere? where would this water be coming from?

It drips in to 2 evenly spaced apart by 20 inches, puddles under the middle of the car at right about where the meets the glass...

I am about to take it into the dealer!!!! only the 4th day for a new car:crazy:

MBTex 11-01-2007 12:33 PM

Well one would definately be the AC, but two is a mystery. Could it have something to do with the dual-zone AC system? Meaning, does each zone have its own compressor? If so, it would make sense that each would drip water, especially in the same pattern.

Just a theory....I have no basis for it other than that it would make sense.

rb23lb 11-01-2007 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by MBTex (Post 2482267)
Well one would definately be the AC, but two is a mystery. Could it have something to do with the dual-zone AC system? Meaning, does each zone have its own compressor? If so, it would make sense that each would drip water, especially in the same pattern.

Just a theory....I have no basis for it other than that it would make sense.

that would make sense for 2 similarly spaced drips right about where the ac vents or system would be...

anybody else notice this problem???

lx Raven xl 11-01-2007 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by rb23lb (Post 2482312)
that would make sense for 2 similarly spaced drips right about where the ac vents or system would be...

anybody else notice this problem???

Let the dealer know. He must have an explanation.

chilledbenz 11-01-2007 03:40 PM

Most likely your A/C..from my understanding the A/C runs even if you don't have it on. It uses it for defrost of windows and other functions. Always a good idea to mention anything you might find out of the norm to your service advisor though, I had a water pump go out on my 02 C with 5k miles on it. Left me stranded till the nice guys of the MB roadside service could flat bed me.:mercy:

imboom 11-01-2007 04:51 PM

It's the AC, and I'm starting to believe the same as the above poster. Watch the RPM levels and engine noise when you turn on and off the AC button. Theres no differerence.

Jorg 11-01-2007 08:02 PM

Whenever I notice a fluid drip under any of my cars and it really happens only very seldom, I put a paper towel underneath the car and then you can look at the towel and see right away if the spot is strictly water , oily or has any colored fluids. Then I drive to the service department and my information is more constructive and let them home in on the possible problem.

Jorg

rb23lb 11-01-2007 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by imboom (Post 2482679)
It's the AC, and I'm starting to believe the same as the above poster. Watch the RPM levels and engine noise when you turn on and off the AC button. Theres no differerence.

yes it has to be the AC... however, I wanted to verify that you other w204 owners were also seeing two seperate distinct water drip pools after turning off and parking your car...

can anyone confirm this?

It must be because the 90% humidity here on the foggy coast currently...

and I assume the more water underneath the car the better a job the air conditioning is doing, right? since it de humidifies the climate within the vehicle and the hot air from the engine is condensing on the cool AC coils...

livestrongONe 11-01-2007 11:14 PM

I had the same problem in with my brand new 2005 S40 volvo and went to the dealer 6 times and could never fix it and moldy smell started and I gave the car back and got my C230 buttt the S40 volvo was sold by the lemon law and got a huge sorry letter from Volvo usa. So take pictures of the problem and video and state date and time u took it with your camera phone and show the dealer when you walk in so he does not come back and say there is no problem.

jrct9454 11-02-2007 09:53 AM

Good grief!

This is the AC draining moisture, exactly like it's designed to do. There's no mystery, and no need for a dealer visit. Every car we've owned since 1973 with AC drains to the ground from around the dash area, since that's where the evap is generally located.

And yes, on our car, that tends to be two different mini-puddles....

rb23lb 11-02-2007 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by livestrongONe (Post 2483272)
I had the same problem in with my brand new 2005 S40 volvo and went to the dealer 6 times and could never fix it and moldy smell started and I gave the car back and got my C230 buttt the S40 volvo was sold by the lemon law and got a huge sorry letter from Volvo usa. So take pictures of the problem and video and state date and time u took it with your camera phone and show the dealer when you walk in so he does not come back and say there is no problem.

what????!?!? are u sayin??? that this is a problem and it is not the AC???

It is car water dripping in 2 uniform puddles underneath the car...

Has to be condensation, what are you talking about?

Dont want to second guess and start worrying again just when I thought it was perfectly normal!

MBTex 11-02-2007 01:06 PM

Don't worry it's normal.