MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   IPOD - Shows song name only (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/216528-ipod-shows-song-name-only.html)

Gatercedes 11-01-2007 03:02 PM

IPOD - Shows song name only

I just plugged in my IPOD for the first time yesterday. I love how it shows the song title on the dashboard. Does anyone know if there is a way to toggle that between Artist name, Album, Song title...or is the song title the only option. Thanks.

lx Raven xl 11-01-2007 03:05 PM

You need to buy I think a IPOD kit. with AUX input you will not get much details. Better yet burn a DVD or put the music on the HD of your comand. I would not know if the artwork will be displayed as well or not but i will try it out in few days as I am getting my car new soon.

Gatercedes 11-01-2007 03:50 PM

I have the IPOD kit.

e1000 11-01-2007 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Gatercedes (Post 2482599)
I have the IPOD kit.

it only displays the track name. You can go through and sort by artist, genre, blah blah, but you can't get the other info for a song that is playing

lx Raven xl 11-01-2007 05:06 PM

did anyone try to copy the songs with artwork included on the HD and played them with Comand? does the artwork show up? I have to wait till 1 week or so to find out the answer but would like to know as I am making the songs list with artwork and its a hard work finding the artwork for each song. How about copying it on a DVD ( making a mp3 DVD ) and playing it in comand?

e1000 11-01-2007 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by lx Raven xl (Post 2482699)
did anyone try to copy the songs with artwork included on the HD and played them with Comand? does the artwork show up? I have to wait till 1 week or so to find out the answer but would like to know as I am making the songs list with artwork and its a hard work finding the artwork for each song. How about copying it on a DVD ( making a mp3 DVD ) and playing it in comand?

i'm 99% sure it won't work

stealtheo 11-02-2007 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by Gatercedes (Post 2482502)
I just plugged in my IPOD for the first time yesterday. I love how it shows the song title on the dashboard. Does anyone know if there is a way to toggle that between Artist name, Album, Song title...or is the song title the only option. Thanks.

After you have song titles on speedo screen, use phone buttons on steering wheel to toggle Artist, Title, Hada, Hada

Gatercedes 11-02-2007 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by stealtheo (Post 2483448)
After you have song titles on speedo screen, use phone buttons on steering wheel to toggle Artist, Title, Hada, Hada

So I was about to praise you as a true genius...because the "end call" phone button does toggle some functions. But it's not that simple. I merely changes you to shuffle mode as far as I can see. I need to play with it more, but I couldn't get it to display the artist, etc.

e1000 11-02-2007 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Gatercedes (Post 2484134)
So I was about to praise you as a true genius...because the "end call" phone button does toggle some functions. But it's not that simple. I merely changes you to shuffle mode as far as I can see. I need to play with it more, but I couldn't get it to display the artist, etc.

it dosen't. It depends on how the song was selected. If you went through the list of artists then chose the song, you will be able to reverse out in the same order.

stealtheo 11-02-2007 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Gatercedes (Post 2484134)

after you hit the end call then use the up/down (left side) to toggle what you are trying to do. Artist, Albumn, songs, hada. .hada. . .then hit the center "ok" to select whatever you want.