C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Is anybody dissapointed in their new C-class?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 05:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C300 Sport
Originally Posted by rb23lb
definitely a must... i spent all weekend, read or flipped through all 700+ pages of documentation the car came with and now i am an absolute expert on all of the cars features and almost memorized every multimedia command...

any car without navigation is wack, IMO
me too....didn't read all 700 pages....did trial and error
Old 11-05-2007, 05:09 PM

2008 c300 luxury, P2, MM, Capri Blue Metallic
I wish it had memory seats as well..who needs a back up camera on a small sedan like this? And, that downward motion on the right side mirror when backing up has ALWAYS annoyed the hell out of me..
Old 11-05-2007, 08:37 PM

2008 Mercedes C350 Sport
My 2 cents...

These are they things that I am very surprised are not included in the W204:

1. Call waiting with the bluetooth is not very intuitive. My '06 Acura TSX would show the number (but not name) calling and allow you to switch between 2 calls by the touch of a button on the steering wheel. With the W204, you have to physically answer the call by pressing the required button on your phone. So much for leaving it in your briefcase in the trunk! lol However, if you don't answer the call, it is saved in your "rec'd calls" within the MM system and you can simply call them back.

2. I watched a video online of a EDM model that actually had the ability to read SMS/text messages to you! Haven't found anything in the manual that suggests that the US model can do the same. Would be a nice touch, IMO.

3. I actually squeezed 5 "normal sized people" into my car last night and while it worked, it was terribly uncomfortable for the person in the middle. So, a little more backseat room. However, this is just minor for me.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:10 AM

2006 Subaru Impreza
In the September issue of Car and Driver magazine, on page 64, shows a picture the C350 with what look like memory seating buttons on the door in front of the door handle. I won't be near a scanner to upload the pic for at least a couple days, so maybe someone else has the issue?

If that's the case, maybe it can be retrofitted to models delivered without it?
Old 11-06-2007, 03:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 R350 & 2008 C300
Originally Posted by Qest
In the September issue of Car and Driver magazine, on page 64, shows a picture the C350 with what look like memory seating buttons on the door in front of the door handle. I won't be near a scanner to upload the pic for at least a couple days, so maybe someone else has the issue?

If that's the case, maybe it can be retrofitted to models delivered without it?
I have that issue, and the picture you are refering to is a stock photo and not of the actual car they were testing. You can tell because of the white background out the windows. If that isn't the case then you can assume that it was a euro c, or canadian c. As for retro fitting, if you could get a hold of the part numbers for the trim pannel, and the controls off a canadian model I would think it would already be wired for it, just have to program the computer. I think they use the same wireing harness for all the cars to save time and money, so even if your car doesn't have a certain option its most likely wired for it already. I could be wrong, I've never tore into it to find out ha ha just a theory.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:27 AM

W204 C220cdi
Originally Posted by chilledbenz
I think they use the same wireing harness for all the cars to save time and money, so even if your car doesn't have a certain option its most likely wired for it already.
Don't bank on it... Take a look at this article which includes the statement "Mercedes also avoided adding unnecessary bulk by using customised wiring harnesses. These contain only the cables, plugs and connections required for the configuration of the specific vehicle." I suspect that retrofitting electrical options not supplied at the time of original build may not be that simple on this car.

BTW, the article makes an interesting read and gives a good insight into some of the design and production thinking that went into the W204 model
Old 11-06-2007, 08:51 AM

2008 C-350 Palladium Silver and MM.
So far the only thing that I am disappointed with is that I don't have it yet. My dealer has done a really poor job of letting me know what is going on. I expect that he will call me some day soon and say that it is here. I wish they would keep me better informed, but I'm sure he is busy trying to sell more.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C350
Originally Posted by KmanianC
2. I watched a video online of a EDM model that actually had the ability to read SMS/text messages to you! Haven't found anything in the manual that suggests that the US model can do the same. Would be a nice touch, IMO.
I had thought that the MM was SMS compatible in the US as well. I knew I wasn't going to be able to take advantage of it right away due to my Treo not being completely compatible with the MB Bluetooth, but I thought it was possible. I could be wrong though as I never have really bothered to verify this.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C350
Originally Posted by Chaz00Blue
So far the only thing that I am disappointed with is that I don't have it yet. My dealer has done a really poor job of letting me know what is going on. I expect that he will call me some day soon and say that it is here. I wish they would keep me better informed, but I'm sure he is busy trying to sell more.
Man I know that feeling....that was my experience as well. Until the call came in...then ALL was forgiven.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:23 PM
phs

12 SLK55AMG 18 C43AMG 19GLC63sAMG
I ordered the C350 4matic about a month ago and would not see the car until Mar 08. Been reading from various sources and got the impression that several features which are only available in other countries, like Australia and Egypt(!!) now, would only be offered here (Canada) in MY2009.

Advanced Agility Control - switches between a firmer Sports mode and a softer Comfort mode. At first I thought that it is the same as the basic agility control, but apparently it isn't. It also offers a quicker response time in shifting between gears.
AMG package - which is not just an external styling package but steering colum shift paddle and front sport seats.
Possible more powerful engine options - Rumor has it that there would be a 306 hp engine available, which would not be competing with the >400 hp C63.

I was debating whether I should wait for Fall 2008 before picking up a 2009 model.

Any thoughts?
Old 11-07-2007, 07:49 PM
QQQ

MY2001 C320
In Europe shift paddle comes with Advanced Agility.
Doubt the CGI engines are coming anytime soon.