MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   Bluetooth phone ringing volume (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/217158-bluetooth-phone-ringing-volume.html)

SNOW 11-06-2007 05:41 AM

Bluetooth phone ringing volume

Do any of you guys get deafened and caught by surprise by the unnecessarily loud ringing volume from the car when you get an incoming call? I can change the volume of the ringing while it is ringing, but everytime I get another call, the volume goes back to its original high pitched level. The high ringing volume has been irritating me and my passengers. I've read the instruction manual and can't seem to find out how to turn the ringing volume down permanently. Anyone have the same problem?:confused:

Kieffer 11-06-2007 10:07 AM

I have that problem in our ML. I had to turn down the ringing volume on the phone itself - that stopped the problem. Inconvenient when I need to turn the phone back up, but at least it stopped the potential for a heart-attack from an incoming call! Not sure if the C-Class is the same way - guess I will find out in a couple of weeks.

MBTex 11-06-2007 10:36 AM

I haven't had too much of a problem with that one yet, but I have had a problem with the volume of the Command system. I know it can be adjusted while the Comand is speaking, but haven't figured out how to just set the volume of it generally. I assume the phone works a similar way.

I've got a few hours set aside this weekend to tear through the OM to see what I can learn.

oblu 11-06-2007 12:06 PM

I thought I saw volume settings for the phone when I was going through the functions? Can't remember where it was now though.

But yes, damn thing is loud. But every bluetooth oem kit I've had, (e90, Q7 and now the C) has been the same way. You can turn the phone's ringer down and that fixes it until the next time you get a call outside the car and you can't hear it. Constant volume battle.

Kieffer 11-06-2007 12:22 PM

My Nokia allows you to do a separate profile / setup for "headset" mode, so you can set a different ring volume setting that will take place when you are in headset / bluetooth mode. See if your phone has the same ability - might help.

On a previous Mercedes, the dealer was able to go into some deeply-buried settings and fix what was the opposite problem - you couldn't hear it ring. I bet there is some setting to change this. Let's hope.

Jorg 11-06-2007 03:19 PM

I am not sure but I thought that you have to select the sound level when you set up the phone, incoming at +1 outgoing at -1 or close to it. I have to check again.

Jorg

SNOW 11-06-2007 03:35 PM

Thanks for the output guys. I've tried adjusting the "Reception Volume" and "Transmission Volume" but none of those have an effect on the ringing volume.

JimPap 11-06-2007 03:43 PM

Same problem here on my C300. I'm about ready to cancel the bluetooth feature. As another poster mentioned, I could have sworn that I saw something somewhere where you setup the ringer volume.

While we're at it, I can't download my contact list into directory because my phone doesn't support this feature. Is there any way to add a name and phone number to the directory manually??

oblu 11-06-2007 04:02 PM

Interested in that answer as well. I couldn't find any way to manually enter #'s, but I didn't try very hard either.

I was finally able to send them as vcards. Just about all the recent phones I've seen have the ability to "beam" contacts as vcards.

rb23lb 11-06-2007 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by JimPap (Post 2490389)
Same problem here on my C300. I'm about ready to cancel the bluetooth feature. As another poster mentioned, I could have sworn that I saw something somewhere where you setup the ringer volume.

While we're at it, I can't download my contact list into directory because my phone doesn't support this feature. Is there any way to add a name and phone number to the directory manually??

ringing volume is set up strictly through your blue tooth phone... if your phone supports blue tooth 1.0 or higher, then by decreasing the ringing volume on your headset profile or bluetooth profile will automatically decrease the ringing volume on whatever bluetooth headset you are connected to. That is the only way this can be done, there are no settings within the vehicle to regulate ringing volume.

yes, you can add names and numbers manually if your phone does not support sending them automatically. In order for your phone to be able to download contacts to the bluetooth system in the car, your phone has to support contacts in the "vCard" format. That is the only way they can be read by the car. you could create vCards in outlook, and send them from a bluetooth equipped pc if you have your contacts on your pc but your phone does not support vCard... just another idea to get your contacts loaded without having to type them all in 1 by 1 which would really suck and I could never imagine doing that with my 300+ contacts in my phone

oblu 11-06-2007 04:05 PM

Ah, you've got MM though. I couldn't find any way to input them on the vanilla system.

MBTex 11-06-2007 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by oblu (Post 2490430)
Ah, you've got MM though. I couldn't find any way to input them on the vanilla system.

Not sure it can be done on the regular system...

rb23lb 11-06-2007 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by MBTex (Post 2490551)
Not sure it can be done on the regular system...

agreed, cant be done on reg system... at least i havent found a way to on my friends c300 with no multimedia...

JimPap 11-06-2007 05:56 PM

Same here on my C300. No MM......but loading it from a bluetooth enabled p.c.??? O.K., I'm being a tad dense here. Is this the same as wifi?

oblu 11-06-2007 06:31 PM

Nope. You'd need a laptop with a bluetooth module to sync to the car. Not uncommon for new-ish laptops to have them built-in but usb bluetooth adapters are easy to come by.

Once paired to the car, you'd just send the vcard from any mail client that supports vcards.

Provided you first sync your phone and are able to import them ... or you've taken the time to manually input them all.

PS. For those of you with Windows Mobile devices, if you select a contact and then use 'send contact' - 'beam' that looks for bluetooth devices to send to also. Not just IR like the name implies; it's not very intuitive.

JimPap 11-06-2007 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by JimPap (Post 2490632)
Same here on my C300. No MM......but loading it from a bluetooth enabled p.c.??? O.K., I'm being a tad dense here. Is this the same as wifi?

Pain in the neck averted. Turns out that my cell phone does have the capacity to transmit a V card. It was just buried in one of the menus.

oblu 11-06-2007 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by JimPap (Post 2490702)
Pain in the neck averted. Turns out that my cell phone does have the capacity to transmit a V card. It was just buried in one of the menus.

Whew, cause I couldn't imagine anybody taking that much effort to get address book entries on the car.

Jorg 11-06-2007 06:56 PM

I have the following web sites that give you all the information you need. Please note that special models have special features.

Here we go:

http://www/mbusa-mobile.com/

and

http://www.wireless4mb.com/

and

http://www.mercedes-benz-mobile.com/intro.html

I am sure you find all the information you are looking for.

Jorg

SNOW 11-06-2007 11:00 PM

Yes it is possible to adjust the fixed volume levels by using the key sequences below. 0000#1* SEND- reduces the volume out of the car by one step (non car side or landline) 0000#10 SEND- standard volume level 0000#1# SEND- raises the volume out of the car by one step (non car side or landline) 0000#99 SEND- factory reset The settings made / adjusted by that procedure will be permanently stored in the cradle adapter for each phone type specifically. Changes made while e.g a Motorola V3 Razr is connected will adjust for ALL Motorola V3 Razr phones.
I'm guessing this is it. So "non car side/landline" would refer to dialing the code on your own phone instead of dialing it on the numbers on the console?

EDIT: Tried this... doesn't work :nix:

rb23lb 11-07-2007 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by JimPap (Post 2490632)

if you sync a bluetooth enabled pc with your MM, you can just go into outlook and send contact via bluetooth for outlook 2007, tried it with contacts i had on my comp but not on my phone

SNOW 11-07-2007 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by rb23lb (Post 2490424)
ringing volume is set up strictly through your blue tooth phone... if your phone supports blue tooth 1.0 or higher, then by decreasing the ringing volume on your headset profile or bluetooth profile will automatically decrease the ringing volume on whatever bluetooth headset you are connected to. That is the only way this can be done, there are no settings within the vehicle to regulate ringing volume.

yes, you can add names and numbers manually if your phone does not support sending them automatically. In order for your phone to be able to download contacts to the bluetooth system in the car, your phone has to support contacts in the "vCard" format. That is the only way they can be read by the car. you could create vCards in outlook, and send them from a bluetooth equipped pc if you have your contacts on your pc but your phone does not support vCard... just another idea to get your contacts loaded without having to type them all in 1 by 1 which would really suck and I could never imagine doing that with my 300+ contacts in my phone

So i've tried turning my volume down in my own phone, but it still doesn't have any effect. My phone has bluetooth v1.2 so according to you, it should have worked. Anyone else have answers to the ringing volume?

stealtheo 11-07-2007 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by oblu (Post 2490688)
Nope. You'd need a laptop with a bluetooth module to sync to the car. Not uncommon for new-ish laptops to have them built-in but usb bluetooth adapters are easy to come by.

Once paired to the car, you'd just send the vcard from any mail client that supports vcards.

Provided you first sync your phone and are able to import them ... or you've taken the time to manually input them all.

PS. For those of you with Windows Mobile devices, if you select a contact and then use 'send contact' - 'beam' that looks for bluetooth devices to send to also. Not just IR like the name implies; it's not very intuitive.

I have posted instructions (different thread) on how to do it from a memory card - PCMCIA
same card used to play the mp3's