MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   Has anyone installed an A/M xenon kit on there C ? (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/217300-has-anyone-installed-m-xenon-kit-there-c.html)

01S408C300 11-07-2007 08:48 AM

Has anyone installed an A/M xenon kit on there C ?

IF so what kit and did mercedes have to hook up a computer to active xenon lights to avoid a warning lamp....thanks for the info.

deeseeone 11-08-2007 02:10 AM

AM HID kits

Hello

I have a aftermarket kit on and I didnt have to reprogram anything. It was plug and play. I guess they changed the system on this new chassis.

Lakerz4sho 11-08-2007 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by deeseeone (Post 2493083)
Hello

I have a aftermarket kit on and I didnt have to reprogram anything. It was plug and play. I guess they changed the system on this new chassis.

was it an easy install? is it just like replacing a burned out bulb? or did you have to take the bumper off, etc.

this is one of the first mods i plan to do when i get my w204.

white_glass_top 11-08-2007 03:09 AM

ur am kit??

Originally Posted by deeseeone (Post 2493083)
Hello

I am curious, about ur AM kit, does it look like the factory housing, or was it just a bulb replacement kit?? Where did u purchase urs also?

Im thinking about ordering the Brabus version, with the blacked out housing

deeseeone 11-08-2007 04:02 AM

am hid KITS

The Kit I used is a H7 retrofit plug and play kit. Its a 6000k one so its pretty white. its a lot whiter then my factory BMW hid's. It was a pretty install you do have to drill out a hole in cover on the back of the light to have the wires run out.

Raydens 11-08-2007 09:33 AM

I 2 used AM xenon 6000K. Install was a breeze (I saw them did it). So far, no need to reset anything. In fact, went to a guy with OBD tool, and he couldn't diagnosed any fault codes. Though with buying AM xenon, I would suggest paying more for the 1 year warranty (for the bulb and ballast). You never know when these AM will go dead on you. I believe $450 installed is the market price for AM xenon (Los Angeles area)

alexyanglaw 11-08-2007 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Raydens (Post 2493317)
I 2 used AM xenon 6000K. Install was a breeze (I saw them did it). So far, no need to reset anything. In fact, went to a guy with OBD tool, and he couldn't diagnosed any fault codes. Though with buying AM xenon, I would suggest paying more for the 1 year warranty (for the bulb and ballast). You never know when these AM will go dead on you. I believe $450 installed is the market price for AM xenon (Los Angeles area)

Raydens, Can you please let me know the shop's name, address and shop's phone # that install your HID kit? I am in Los Angeles area, and I want to go check it out.

Thank you very much

Raydens 11-08-2007 03:12 PM

Call Robert @ Eurorev (www.eurorev.com). Tell him it's from me and would like to get same price $450. Good luck!

alexyanglaw 11-08-2007 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Raydens (Post 2493875)
Call Robert @ Eurorev (www.eurorev.com). Tell him it's from me and would like to get same price $450. Good luck!

Thank you for providing the info, Raydens.

Lakerz4sho 11-08-2007 06:14 PM

good HID kits with lifetime warranty can be had for ~150 online. and it seems like the install is not so bad.

Raydens 11-08-2007 11:42 PM

with lifetime warranty? How could that be? The bulb itself will no longer work after several hundred thousands of hours used. If you have the lifetime warranty for bulb and ballast for $150, send it my way. With that price, I could use some for my foglight. thanks

Lakerz4sho 11-09-2007 11:50 AM

not the bulbs, OBVIOUSLY. i meant the ballast.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/hidkihidbuhi.html

Raydens 11-13-2007 10:05 AM

So I ordered the HID kit for the fog light from them (with lifetime warranty of course as u suggested). Will let you know after received and installed.

Lakerz4sho 11-13-2007 01:23 PM

sweet man.. can you also post up a lot of pictures also? would appreciate it.

Raydens 11-15-2007 05:04 PM

So I made the purchase from ddmtuning. They said it should arrived on Tuesday. Today is Thursday, and I haven't seen anything on my front door yet any return phone call/email. I thought they are just local here in San Diego. :nix:

01S408C300 11-15-2007 05:16 PM

Keep us posted !

Same kit im considering

Raydens 11-16-2007 06:58 PM

received the kit today. Attempted to install on fog lights. Every time I turned the fog lights, it went on, but only for 3 seconds, and when dead. Turn it off and back on, same behavior. Any suggestions?

alexyanglaw 11-16-2007 07:16 PM

Man...sorry to hear that.....maybe the best way is call the guy from ddmtuning, maybe they can help you out since they sold you the kit....hopefully you can solve the problem soon and please keep update for us.

omgitselaine 11-16-2007 07:32 PM

i wouldnt mind putting a kit in but i really dont want to deal with the hassel of MB threatening about warranty and what not :nix: ?? i was thinking perhaps something a lot easier like just changing the bulbs to have themlook more hid like ??? i know the bulbs are 55 watts any suggestions as to where i can buy a pair ?? TIA

Raydens 11-16-2007 09:07 PM

Latest Update

OK, after running in for 5-10 minutes, it appears the light is stable. HOWEVER, the bummer part, the manual said we have H11 for fog light. Well, they are wrong. The for light bulb is H7. Then, the H7 bulb is going into another socket, which going to hold the bulb into the fog light housing. So, it doesn't look like we can retrofit the fog light with HID without any socket (plastic) modification.

Or if anyone know what I'm talking about and tell me where I can get the plastic socket so I can get the spare and drill the hole for the HID bulb.

:confused:

SNOW 11-17-2007 06:11 AM

I don't know if you guys over in the States have it, but my C350 over here in Canada has "adaptive" foglights, meaning that when I turn the steering wheel or signal left or right, the corresponding foglight will turn on and fade out when the wheel is straightened. If i installed HID's for the foglights, would the foglights flicker during the fade out process?

omgitselaine 11-17-2007 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Raydens (Post 2507611)
OK, after running in for 5-10 minutes, it appears the light is stable. HOWEVER, the bummer part, the manual said we have H11 for fog light. Well, they are wrong. The for light bulb is H7. Then, the H7 bulb is going into another socket, which going to hold the bulb into the fog light housing. So, it doesn't look like we can retrofit the fog light with HID without any socket (plastic) modification.

Or if anyone know what I'm talking about and tell me where I can get the plastic socket so I can get the spare and drill the hole for the HID bulb.

:confused:

do you know what kind of bulbs we use for the main light by chance ?? i want to switch them out :) TIA

Raydens 11-17-2007 09:51 PM

main light is H7 bulb type. Same as high beam. Good luck!

Lakerz4sho 11-19-2007 04:04 PM

so does the C use H7 bulbs for both low beam and fogs?

Raydens 11-20-2007 12:41 AM

They are using the same H7 bulb type. Though the fog light, they use another adapter that will allow the H7 bulb to be inserted and snapped into the fog light housing. I need to find this plastic adapter so in case I screw up, I have a backup.