MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   ANY LAWYERS HERE :C350 have we been sold a product misleading on information (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/217478-any-lawyers-here-c350-have-we-been-sold-product-misleading-information.html)

ATSOBE 11-08-2007 09:49 AM

ANY LAWYERS HERE :C350 have we been sold a product misleading on information

I was wondering why on the mbusa when you click on mercedes c350. In interior features it say car comes with tunnel mode. I personaly have not been able to use tunnel mode. Other post mention it does not bring it. Has anyone found out about tunnel mode pressing the recicalition butten for 3 seconds while A/C on and open windows and sunroof close instanly. May i be wrong please let me have your feedback . I myself have tried this for days trying to find out, how to use tunnel mode.

Tyler Durden 11-08-2007 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by ATSOBE (Post 2493338)
I was wondering why on the mbusa when you click on mercedes c350. In interior features it say car comes with tunnel mode. I personaly have not been able to use tunnel mode. Other post mention it does not bring it. Has anyone found out about tunnel mode pressing the recicalition butten for 3 seconds while A/C on and open windows and sunroof close instanly. May i be wrong please let me have your feedback . I myself have tried this for days trying to find out, how to use tunnel mode.

So, let me get this right, you want to sue? Class action suit maybe? Ugghhh...

whoover 11-08-2007 11:02 AM

The website, manuals and about every piece of marketing literature from Mercedes says "features subject to change without notice." Good luck with a suit.

Have you asked your dealer if it's supposed to work? Perhaps it's something they have to activate. Tunnel mode is one of my favorite "Stupid Mercedes Tricks" -- fun features that I never use.

Yacht Master 11-08-2007 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by ATSOBE (Post 2493338)

Well the closest tunnel to you is in Fort Lauderdale "New River US1" is that where you are trying it?

Won't work in sunlight.

AMG BRED 11-08-2007 12:07 PM

lol.. this is cute.

peabers 11-08-2007 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Yacht Master (Post 2493486)
Well the closest tunnel to you is in Fort Lauderdale "New River US1" is that where you are trying it?

Won't work in sunlight.

:rolf:

netcruizer99 11-09-2007 11:00 PM

Umm, I understand some people not taking this seriously, but I can see the original posters point. If the vehicle is advertised as having a specific function (even if its a gee whiz feature that never really gets used) but it doesn't show up with it, I would be upset as well. When I looked through the documentation, I found the tunnel function too and thought that it would be pretty cool. Looks like its not true.

while it may not be the dealbreaker, what else do we think we're getting and not? We're already missing out on memory seats, keyless go, and now this. how much decontenting really happened for the new model year? and how will everyone feel that waits until March or April to get their delivery only to find out that the 09 model will wind up with all of these features?

430752 11-09-2007 11:16 PM

agree and agree.

I agree that any lawsuit seems foolish and griping, but I also agree that false advertising, even if nominal, is wrong. Big business has got the country so upside down that people are upset about others trying to vindicate their rights. Of course, lawyers don't help it, but let me ask if you ever knew or hear a lawyer who gave a jury verdict. No, juries give verdicts, not lawyers. And juries give awards. and juries are you, your sisters, neighbors, teachers of your kids. So don't blame lawyers for the stuff, blame yourself, your sister, your nieghbors, your teachers, etc. And don't go saying the lawyer put it in the jury's head, controlled the jury, cuz lawyers don't have the ability to control minds. Did anyone ever think maybe it wasn't the lawyers, but the businesses that were screwign up? Hello, Tyco? Worldcom? Enron? Vioxx(merck)?

So, yeah, suing over a missing gee whiz feature is a stretch. But then I guess you're saying its okay to false advertise? Oh, yeah, features "may be added or removed at any time". Tell the thalidamide kids (or the Vioxx patients) that drug side effects may be added or removed at any time! Come'on, you wouldn't stand to buy a used car where the seller lied about something, why allow a new car company to do the same?

Or, maybe I just love lawsuits?

ATSOBE 11-10-2007 08:25 AM

Misleading information:Who want to start a class action sue... False advertising...

From my previuos post

" I was wondering why on the mbusa when you click on mercedes c350. In interior features it say car comes with tunnel mode. I personally have not been able to use tunnel mode. Other post mention it does not bring it. Has anyone found out about tunnel mode pressing the recirculation button for 3 seconds while A/C on and open windows and sunroof close instantly. May i be wrong please let me have your feedback . I myself have tried this for days trying to find out, how to use tunnel mode."

If im right who wants to start a class action Sue.................. Dont let big companys not hear the peoples voice I paid over $44,000.00 for not getting what I paid for ................I have a hard time trying to find the cd track repeat button. Which I still think it does not bring it in two weeks i still can not find how to repeat a track in the MM package this stinks. And no memory seat with no fold down reverse mirrors which i knew before I bought it .Enough is enough if I paid for something I want it installed.

If anyone knows the car has tunnel mode correct me please from my understanding it does not .

amdeutsch 11-10-2007 08:55 AM

Why are you asking for someone else to start the suit? You are the one so upset and making the suggestion. You are the one not asking the questions, doing the proper research and/or ignoring the print: subject to change without notice (post 3) above, etc.

ATSOBE 11-10-2007 09:14 AM

I did one year research before I bought this car

Originally Posted by amdeutsch (Post 2496748)
Why are you asking for someone else to start the suit? You are the one so upset and making the suggestion. You are the one not asking the questions, doing the proper research and/or ignoring the print: subject to change without notice (post 3) above, etc.

I was not a member cause I never thought I get the car. But I probably know as much about mercedes here as any long term member. Plus I also had several contacts in germany to know about the car. All im saying is for everyone to open their eyes the websites has not change since i got the car. Still say tunnel mode. They are selling a product with no tunnel mode. Still it on the website for months. Well if it change why not update the website of mbusa. Next thing they might do is sell you a car with no radio. Cause of the subject to change line phrase . All I asked who wants to sue. So if thousands would agree to sue, so it just would not be a one man law sue. Bigger companys pay more attention to thousand than just one man sue. Look at Viox.. in the latest headline. Plus I still find it misleading wby put somethign on the website.
that the car does not bring.

jrct9454 11-10-2007 09:57 AM

Good grief....!!

Tyler Durden 11-10-2007 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by ATSOBE (Post 2496759)
  • I was not a member cause I never thought I get the car.
  • I probably know as much about mercedes here as any long term member.
  • Plus I also had several contacts in germany to know about the car.
BLAH BLAH BLAH

Lo que Ud. diga...

Ugghhh... :thread:

Kieffer 11-10-2007 10:14 AM

I am a lawyer. You have no case against Mercedes / Daimler.

On the .001 percent chance that you would even get this case before a judge, you would likely be asked the following question: "Is the 'tunnel mode' feature that you saw in the marketing materials the sole reason you purchased this car?" My guess is that the answer is "No."

Let it go. You have a fantastic car, despite the omission of this feature. Don't let this taint your enjoyment of the car.

Yacht Master 11-10-2007 10:54 AM

only works in a tunnel

Originally Posted by Kieffer (Post 2496810)

On the .001 percent chance that you would even get this case before a judge, you would likely be asked the following question: "Is the 'tunnel mode' feature that you saw in the marketing materials the sole reason you purchased this car?" My guess is that the answer is "No."

Let it go. You have a fantastic car, despite the omission of this feature. Don't let this taint your enjoyment of the car.

Kieffer,
He can't prove that he dose not have tunnel mode.

Kieffer 11-10-2007 11:43 AM

Good point - I hadn't caught that in the string of posts.

benzboi3 11-10-2007 06:17 PM

jeez, people will really sue for anything/everything these days :nix:

AsianML 11-10-2007 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by benzboi3 (Post 2497231)
jeez, people will really sue for anything/everything these days :nix:

:word: It's really sad.

harpz 11-10-2007 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by AsianML (Post 2497344)
:word: It's really sad.

AMl and benzboi that emotionaly scarred me for life

I"ll SEE YOU IN COURT!!!!!!

there's a reason they have disclaimers...and it is sad no more tunnel feature I loved it

AsianML 11-10-2007 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by harpz (Post 2497351)
AMl and benzboi that emotionaly scarred me for life

I"ll SEE YOU IN COURT!!!!!!

there's a reason they have disclaimers...and it is sad no more tunnel feature I loved it

lol, I don't even have the tunnel feature. I haven't died because of it, yet. :rolf:

ATSOBE 11-10-2007 10:38 PM

THANK YOU Kieffer !!!!

Originally Posted by Kieffer (Post 2496810)

Thank you for taking your time to reply after all at the end of the day to me it still like a Ferrari. Just like the first day i bought it. The car to me in my life has brought endless happiness. I have not been so happy in a long time. I guess I was all caught up in tunnel mode, even before I bought it. It just a feature that I wanted to try out. I know I can live without it probably. Thank you for opening my eyes it by saying it a "fantastic car" I guess I was just upset. I had been stiffed before with Ford. With a truck I bought 2 yrs ago. I guess I over reacted. The car has many good things going for it. It has changed my life 360 one can say. :) At the end of the day maybe they emitted that feature cause it might cause the car to be unreliable for consumer reports. Thank you again cause you open my eyes with the line its a fantastic car .

430752 11-10-2007 10:47 PM

me too

Me too, but didn't post that in my reply. Now you know that ain't the standard for a consumer fraud complaint. And, if you didn't look it up, even in Colorado I bet. But more pertinent, MBUSA is located in Jersey, and Jersey has a pretty stiff consumer fraud statute. Not like Kalifronia where they're all weird, but coasts are coasts, and we share some enlightened similarities.

With that said, I don't want any part of a class action on this as I'm simply not interested and could care less. I'm one of the guys that leaves his windows down in the Lincoln or Holland, but I digress.

Anyway, I think everyone is missing the point. There was a time in the us when snakeoil was sold liberally and people got screwed for it. Robber barons ruled the land and the honest man couldn't get a half-a-law passed. Then, we got enlightenment and got some laws passed that said while business is business and buyers gotta be smart, there had to be limits. And the playing field was leveled. Now, we're back in big businesses' back yard. And people think if you get scrwed, well man up, it ain't a biggie. Yeah, that me be true now, but what next. Vioxx wasn't enough, what next? I guess the best way I can liken many people's attitutde is "oh you got raped, well he wasn't that big, so it probably didn't hurt too bad, you'll feel right in the morning" I mean, are we back to those days now where a violation without a material harm is not a violation? Cuz if so, I'm getting out of lawyering where I'm accountable with malpractice and all and getting into a business selling something, anything, and you all can be my jury when I sell some old lady on her last pension check a load of snake oil. I'll win with you all on my side and build a mansion in Newport.

or, maybe i'll just go back into my hole.:nix:

RLE 11-10-2007 10:57 PM

Lawsuits

I can certainly identify with this....

When the awful realization struck me that my C300 had no mirror tiltdown, I locked myself into an unlit basement room, taking no nourishment.

Chi-Benz 11-10-2007 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by RLE (Post 2497487)
I can certainly identify with this....

When the awful realization struck me that my C300 had no mirror tiltdown, I locked myself into an unlit basement room, taking no nourishment.

:rolf::rolf::rolf:

MBTex 11-12-2007 01:36 PM

I am also a lawyer and this issue isn't even close to the Vioxx suits. What real damages has anyone suffered as a result of this? Only those that can prove that they purchased the car as a direct and exclusive result of viewing the website can recover. Even then it will usually just be for the value of the feature to each plaintiff....since that is a subjective standard it is not suited for a class action. Therefore each Plaintiff would have to sue individually...good luck finding anyone willing to take that on a contingency.

Also, even despite all of that, you still lose if MBUSA shows that all specs of the car were disclosed to you when you purchased it and you purchased it anyway without tunnel mode being included. I can promise you that somewhere in those docs you sign when you buy it there is some receipt and waiver language for that.