MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   C350 Downshifting in low gears, slight jerk (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/217552-c350-downshifting-low-gears-slight-jerk.html)

castrosf 11-08-2007 05:33 PM

C350 Downshifting in low gears, slight jerk

I've got 1600 miles on my c350, and I've noticed that as the car downshifts in low gears (maybe from 3 to 2?), the car jerks a little as the transmission gives it a little gas for the downshift. This is most noticeable as I head up hills and take my foot off the gas to allow the car to naturally slow to a stop. It is particulary annoying going downhill with my foot on the break and feeling a little power hiccup as I try to stop.

This occurs in C and S mode.

Has anyone else noticed this or am I making a big deal out of nothing? The car shifts so smoothly upward, I had expected a similar pattern downward.

I am about to bring the car into the dealer and didn't know if I should mention this.

jrct9454 11-09-2007 09:12 AM

Well, I can occasionally feel downshifts, but I consider this the best transmission we've ever had on any car, period. If it bothers you, by all means let them take a look at it. Without actually driving your car, there's no way I could compare what it's doing with mine....there were lots of issues with the 7-spd when it was first put into service, but MB pretty much took care of all of that many months ago. Ours feels fine to me.

Jorg 11-09-2007 02:28 PM

I am sorry, but I am not mechanically inclined. I experienced the very same symptoms, as you describe them. I took it to my dealership and they fixed it for me. The explanation was that they hooked my car up to the computer and adjusted the software for the transmission.

Now they can tell me anything.

All I know that after the service, my problems were solved and that is all I wanted.

Jorg

castrosf 11-10-2007 11:09 AM

Fantastic! Thanks for the advice. I didn't realize it would be such an easy adjustment.

stephensong 11-10-2007 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by castrosf (Post 2496857)
Fantastic! Thanks for the advice. I didn't realize it would be such an easy adjustment.

You purchased a very nice car and if it does not preform as you think it should, a trip to the dealer is in order. Of course it is fine to post things on this site; however, as none of us will have had the benefit of driving your car we can only make assumptions. Just remember included in the price of your C Class is the cost of the warranty, just like the windshield wipers use it when neccessary.

BlackMercBenz 11-11-2007 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by Jorg (Post 2495592)
I am sorry, but I am not mechanically inclined. I experienced the very same symptoms, as you describe them. I took it to my dealership and they fixed it for me. The explanation was that they hooked my car up to the computer and adjusted the software for the transmission.

Now they can tell me anything.

All I know that after the service, my problems were solved and that is all I wanted.

Jorg

Experiencing the same thing.. Will definitely mention it to the dealership when I take it in for complimentary service (between 1K-3K).

Thanks.

:zoom: