MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   How many of you have the split rear seat? (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/217795-how-many-you-have-split-rear-seat.html)

CarGuru 11-10-2007 12:57 PM

How many of you have the split rear seat?

Just curious? I feel like a fool I didn’t check this feature or know it was an option before we left the lot with our car. The demo car we drove had one, I just assumed it was standard, I mean what car company makes the folding rear seat an option?

-Ryan

itcrashed 11-10-2007 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by CarGuru (Post 2496939)
Just curious? I feel like a fool I didn’t check this feature or know it was an option before we left the lot with our car. The demo car we drove had one, I just assumed it was standard, I mean what car company makes the folding rear seat an option?

-Ryan

P2 gives you the split rear seat.

Rick Hunter 11-10-2007 02:02 PM

Most luxury cars do not come standard with split/folding seats. The BMW 3 series and Infiniti G35 don't have it. Made me realize that "less is more."

Some of the dealers fed me the BS that the high end lux spots cars don't have folding seats because that would compromise structural rigidity, and sports cars need to be as rigid as possible. Pfffffhh.

I was disturbed about this issue when I ordered my C. But since I wanted to get P2 anyway, I got over the initial irritation. :) You're right... they should make it standard, with the paid option not to have it.:)

Jorg 11-10-2007 02:58 PM

We would be in deep trouble if the structural integrity depends on having a fixed rear seat or not.

Jorg

GDawgC220 11-10-2007 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Rick Hunter (Post 2497004)
Most luxury cars do not come standard with split/folding seats. The BMW 3 series and Infiniti G35 don't have it. Made me realize that "less is more."

Some of the dealers fed me the BS that the high end lux spots cars don't have folding seats because that would compromise structural rigidity, and sports cars need to be as rigid as possible. Pfffffhh.

I was disturbed about this issue when I ordered my C. But since I wanted to get P2 anyway, I got over the initial irritation. :) You're right... they should make it standard, with the paid option not to have it.:)

I'm surprised that BMW and MB don't offer then standard. Audi has had them standard for quite some time across their line up.

lol, compromise structural integrity when it comes to safety? The recent A4 and A6 were picked as one of the safest cars on the road and they come standard with split fold.

e1000 11-11-2007 11:20 AM

one of the most overlooked options. I use mine all the time (W203)

ryanrohaley 11-11-2007 05:39 PM

This was a big one for me too. I knew that P2 gave you the option, but I also made the assumption that it had a "regular" (as opposed to split) fold down seat. Now I'm not sure if the old snowboard is going to fit.

Krytech 11-11-2007 10:58 PM

I opted for the P2 package too, mainly for the folding seats and the headlights. Both of which should be standard on these cars if you ask me. The rear shade will be nice too, but I'd actually rather have shades available for the rear door windows. They wouldn't even have to be powered...

TEAShea 11-12-2007 09:43 AM

Since I will be using my C350 for some track events, I prefer not having the folding rear seats. Folding rear seats require the elimination of the structural bracing, resulting in some loss of tortional ridgitity. For everyday driving this is not a big factor but it is not an insignificant factor when the car is worked hard through the corners.

TEAShea
from Nebraska

marakbai 11-12-2007 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by e1000 (Post 2497850)
one of the most overlooked options. I use mine all the time (W203)

Main reason I did not get the G35x (aside from mileage of course)

peabers 11-12-2007 12:24 PM

I'd say it's definitely a benefit of the C over the Japanese competitors.

MBTex 11-12-2007 12:27 PM

Not really a big deal to me...I've got them just because they were part of P2.

maytag 11-12-2007 01:07 PM

got ours with P2 also. the wife's previous car (525 bimmer) did not have split rear seats. at the time when ordering the 525 we didnt think we'd ever need the option and I have to admit there were times during the 6yrs of owning the bimmer we wished it had them.