MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   License plate frames (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/217879-license-plate-frames.html)

MBfan21 11-11-2007 12:30 PM

License plate frames

So if you purchase the special license plate frames they sell... the chrome brackets.. then you won't have to have dealer advertising on your back plate?

How are the plates sold and how much? Because I would only need 1 bracket for a license plate and not the extra things it comes with .. ie face plate.

alexyanglaw 11-11-2007 04:34 PM

I got 2 AMG chrome license bracket free from my sales, when you are about to sign the paper, ask for the license brackets from your sales first then close the deal, they should give you for free for most of the time.

bostonmarc 11-11-2007 05:56 PM

I just picked up a plain chrome frame at local chain auto parts place for $ 12....Prefer the plain look over the branded ones or ones that say MB...Just clean and simple

chilledbenz 11-11-2007 10:42 PM

Good advice here, just have them throw in two for free or head off to a local store and pick some up to your liking. You can run the plates without the frames as well, they just mount to the license plate bracket, but it doesn't look as clean.

emps 11-12-2007 09:39 AM

FYI on those brackets. I have them on my M3 and got pulled over for speeding, long story short, got a warning with the speeding :) but he tagged me for the M3 License bracket covering my rear plate! $65 bucks, but thats not it...the insurance company say it on my records and jacked my rate up $12 a year because it's a moving violation! Guess it was better than getting the speeding ticket for 83 in a 65, but just a FYI. Funny thing is, I don't have a front plate and he didn't bother to check.

Stick Girl 11-12-2007 10:27 AM

Has anyone purchased the frame with the trunk handle? If so, what do you think?

Jorg 11-12-2007 10:31 AM

Part of any deal I sign is a chromed license plate holder. They look so much better than the plastic ones with the advertising on them.

I think of it as adding jewelery to my car.

Jorg

MBHustla858 11-22-2007 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Stick Girl (Post 2499028)
Has anyone purchased the frame with the trunk handle? If so, what do you think?

the handle is something separate.

Stick Girl 11-22-2007 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by MBHustla858 (Post 2516550)
the handle is something separate.

You are right. I went to pick up my permanent plates from the dealership yesterday, and went to the parts dept. to get one. They wanted ~$30 for it, when it is listed on MBUSA for $19. I think I'll wait this one out... :)

chilledbenz 11-22-2007 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Stick Girl (Post 2516580)
You are right. I went to pick up my permanent plates from the dealership yesterday, and went to the parts dept. to get one. They wanted ~$30 for it, when it is listed on MBUSA for $19. I think I'll wait this one out... :)

Price is $21 dollars now. Its basically a bracket that goes on under your license plate and is held on by the normal screws that hold on the license plate itself. The price of almost all the accessories went up in the past week, not quite sure why. I have been keeping an eye on the all weather floor mats, they jumped from $91 to $102.

Stick Girl 11-22-2007 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by chilledbenz (Post 2516702)
Price is $21 dollars now. Its basically a bracket that goes on under your license plate and is held on by the normal screws that hold on the license plate itself. The price of almost all the accessories went up in the past week, not quite sure why. I have been keeping an eye on the all weather floor mats, they jumped from $91 to $102.

That really sucks. I guess they are trying to force the aftermarket vendors to hurry up and put their stuff out! :nix:

bostonmarc 11-22-2007 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by chilledbenz (Post 2516702)

I picked up the all weather mats last week. They were $ 112 plus tax

aansonsit 11-23-2007 12:39 AM

my chrome license plate frame , all season mat and C letter key chain is FREE
, Sunoco VIP card, Gas coupon , car wash coupon (MB Markham)Canada