MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   I ordered the stickshift.... (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/218485-i-ordered-stickshift.html)

TrafficCriminal 11-15-2007 02:33 AM

I ordered the stickshift....

Anyone else have one yet? or driven one? wondering what you think?

01S408C300 11-15-2007 07:53 AM

I do....

Very smooth semi short throw not bad...

Stick Girl 11-15-2007 10:26 AM

Ditto for me...

I have a stick as well (thus the username) :) It is very fun to drive and carries a lot more power than I expected.

01S408C300 11-15-2007 10:36 AM

I was a little hestitent because i couldnt test drive it. but im very happy with the decision.

Kev204 11-15-2007 03:53 PM

very smooth and light clutch, easy to drive.

Brad G 11-17-2007 02:12 AM

C300 Manual

Smooth as silk. Totally different driving experience than w/ the auto. Lots of feedback and control.

It was hard to find a manual just to test drive and hard to find one to buy/lease in the color I wanted.

Actually was going to try to wait a few more weeks since my lease on my 2004 C230 manual wasn't up til the 13th. However, the front pads were wearing thin and the word I got was sticks are going to be very hard too find all year unless special ordered and that is taking up to 90 days.

However, a friend works in the office for one of the dealers in S. Cal and helped me locate the car exact I wanted (almost).

Just drove mine home tonight!

Uridium Silver w/ Black MB Tex, 18" AMGs.

Only other option I was looking for was the P-1 pkg.

Oh well. At least my payment is lower and I still love the car.

Stick Girl 11-17-2007 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Brad G (Post 2507982)
Smooth as silk. Totally different driving experience than w/ the auto. Lots of feedback and control.

It was hard to find a manual just to test drive and hard to find one to buy/lease in the color I wanted.

Actually was going to try to wait a few more weeks since my lease on my 2004 C230 manual wasn't up til the 13th. However, the front pads were wearing thin and the word I got was sticks are going to be very hard too find all year unless special ordered and that is taking up to 90 days.

However, a friend works in the office for one of the dealers in S. Cal and helped me locate the car exact I wanted (almost).

Just drove mine home tonight!

Uridium Silver w/ Black MB Tex, 18" AMGs.

Only other option I was looking for was the P-1 pkg.

Oh well. At least my payment is lower and I still love the car.

I totally can relate with you, Brad. I lucked out when I got mine. I was actually looking for a low mileage lease return 2007 c-class, but just happened to "peak" at the 2008. I told the salesguy that I would only get the 2008 if it was a manual (and any color other than black) and one of the other guys there said that he had one on order that would arrive early to mid November. It turned out to be black (yikes!) w/ P1. It came in on Oct. 30 and I was at the dealership the next day driving it off of the floor (there goes that 'no black car' thing...):eek: Note: there was one at another dealership in the area with the same specs plus pano and ipod connector. I was offered that one but they used that car at car shows and therefore I couldn't vouch for how well it was treated.

I knew if I ordered it I would have had to wait the 3 months, or they could have searched for one in another color, but I would have had to deal with the transport fees of up to $1k).

Krytech 11-17-2007 10:43 AM

Glad to hear good things about the manual. My dealer didn't have one avail for test driving. Lets hope they offer the C350 w/ a manual next year!

alpinweiss 11-17-2007 12:00 PM

My understanding of the situation is MB will build all the manual transmission cars we want. But US dealers are reluctant to keep any manual cars in inventory, fearing they won't sell.

In the US, we buy almost all our cars with automatics. Most manufacturers don't even offer an MT version.

When I bought my car (W203) a couple years ago, I had to special-order it and wait. I was lucky, the dealership in Albuquerque had a C230K with MT for me to test drive. None of the other dealerships anywhere within about 500 miles had an MT model of any description. I ordered my new MB within a couple weeks after the test drive from that same dealer.

I have never had any regrets about ordering, waiting, and getting the car I truly wanted.

Dealerships will tell you that a Mercedes with manual transmission will be hard to resell. And that may be true for the first few years of its life. But then a strange thing happens; as the car ages, the MT versions become more desirable and the AT versions become less desirable. Purists and collectors normally want an MT in their Mercedes.
:zoom:

omgitselaine 11-17-2007 12:07 PM

wow i admire anyone with the patience to wait for "stick" :) God knows id love to drive one but im also the most IMpatient person on earth sooo suucks for me i know :mercy: i miss driving a manual though it wasnt easy with 4" high heels :rolleyes: my dealer told me itd be a 3 month special order :eek:

Kev204 11-17-2007 06:10 PM

Its worth to wait. I've been waited 3 months and 7 days for my sticky benz.:)

bonds 11-18-2007 12:54 PM

a question for you guys with the stickshift. Did you purchase the car or lease the car? If lease, what are your month payments?

Brad G 11-19-2007 12:48 PM

Stick: Buy or Lease

:confused:

I leased. Unless you plan on keeping the car for many years, or just drive alot of miles, I'd recommend leasing it. Manuals in the Mercedes are difficult to sell.

Dealers told me that my payments would have to be in the $500's however, I was able to get into the upper $400 range.

Difference between Mercedes Benz Financial's 39 mo and 48 mo. was less than $10 difference per month. The warranty is 4 yrs 50k miles so I went w/ the 48 month w/ 12 miles per year.

Be prepared to pay $595 at lease end if you choose not to buy the car at the end which most people don't.

bonds 11-19-2007 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Brad G (Post 2511223)
:confused:

I leased. Unless you plan on keeping the car for many years, or just drive alot of miles, I'd recommend leasing it. Manuals in the Mercedes are difficult to sell.

Dealers told me that my payments would have to be in the $500's however, I was able to get into the upper $400 range.

Difference between Mercedes Benz Financial's 39 mo and 48 mo. was less than $10 difference per month. The warranty is 4 yrs 50k miles so I went w/ the 48 month w/ 12 miles per year.

Be prepared to pay $595 at lease end if you choose not to buy the car at the end which most people don't.

Thanks for the info Brad. One more question. How much money did you put down?

Brad G 11-19-2007 06:02 PM

Re: How much down?

Put $2,500 down for drive off.

Brad G 11-19-2007 06:11 PM

Shudder betweeen shifts. Anyone hear this?

Hey, anyone w/ manual.

We were pulling into the LA Auto Show yesterday. It was heavy stop and go traffic in the area because in addition to the show there were also the American Music Awards at Nokia and Lakers playing at Staples all at the same time. So going slow in stop and go, I noticed pulling into 1st from rolling slowly into neutral a "slight shuddering sound". Also have heard between second and third.

Stopped into my local dealer and had their shop Forman drive w/ me and he heard it too. He's going to take a look in the morning but isn't sure if this is normal because their dealer hasn't even seen another C300 stick yet to compare it too.

Just wondered if any of you have noticed this sound? (You kind of have to listen for it.)

TrafficCriminal 11-20-2007 03:43 AM

THANKS FOR THE REPLIES! YEA, I WAS HESITENT TO ORDER THE STICK WITHOUT DRIVING ONE, BUT I WENT FOR IT.:zoom: