MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   Q: Anyone installed mudflaps yet? (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/218890-q-anyone-installed-mudflaps-yet.html)

Rick Hunter 11-17-2007 10:04 PM

Q: Anyone installed mudflaps yet?

Just curious to see if anybody has put on mud flaps on their cars, and thoughts about having / not having it on. Pics welcome!

Cheers

chilledbenz 11-17-2007 11:06 PM

Mudflaps are one thing Benz has to clue how to do right. I think they look awful on the sedans, very plain and don't form or blend in well with the body. Honda has learned the art of the flap and incorporated them nicely into the design of the car so you don't even notice them. I look at a Benz sedan and its the first thing I see, breaks the lines up and takes your eye off of the car. I had a set on my first ML, they were a pain to install myself, they were way too expensive, they didn't exactly look the best, and when it came down to it, they really were just so so in keeping debris off the car. Ha ha I sound like a hater now, but thats just my experience, I passed on putting them on my new ML and for the most part haven't had a problem with dirt ,but I will say that I have a few stone chips on the bottom doors that would have most likely been avoided if I had installed the flaps. I won't be putting them on the C sport when it comes in though, I think the aero effects should do a good job of keeping down dirt and stones, also not sure if the flaps would fit on a sport or not.

TEAShea 11-18-2007 09:34 AM

I installed front and back splash guards on my C350. Mercedes actually does not make thm for a C350 so I custome made some. I want to protect my paint since I will use this car as a show car for a year before it becomes my daily driver.

TEAShea
from Nebraska

Jorg 11-19-2007 10:57 AM

I have installed mud flaps on my cars except for the C350. MB does have any.

Yes the looks is not the best but the result is. No mud is thrown against the side of the car and no stone chips either. With the winter coming, slush and salt spray I would love tho have them.

My other cars are so much cleaner, no comparison.

It depends what you want, looks or cleanliness.

Jorg

Krytech 11-19-2007 11:13 AM

I would sacrifice the looks if MB would offer a set for the Sport models. I'd probably just take them off in the summer, but here in MN I need all the help I can get to prevent chips and save the paint. I wonder if the luxury flaps could be mod'd to fit.

If anyone locates a set that fits good, please let us know! :y

Krytech 11-19-2007 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Rick Hunter (Post 2508977)
Just curious to see if anybody has put on mud flaps on their cars, and thoughts about having / not having it on. Pics welcome!

Cheers

Maybe you chould add the option, "Yes, but only out of necessity" :nix:

Jorg 11-20-2007 09:43 PM

I was told there are no mud flaps for the C Sport models. Pitty me!!!!

On the S and E Class there is a difference bewteen the regular model and the sport model mup flaps. If you look close you see rigth away why they are not interchangeable. Once they ordered the wrong flaps and they were unable to install them.

Jorg

CarGuru 11-20-2007 11:09 PM

Just say no to mud flaps, they only suffice on pickup trucks. Most sedans are so low, and the wheel arch controls 98% of what the tires throw. Any dings or dirt is going to be thrown under the aerodynamics anyhow :nix: On my '07 Tacoma that's a different story, the tires are meaty, and pick larger rocks up, the body sits higher and less tire is protected via the wheel arch so it makes sense.

-Ryan