MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   Photo of Quick Park Sensors (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/219015-photo-quick-park-sensors.html)

Kieffer 11-18-2007 09:33 PM

Photo of Quick Park Sensors

1 Attachment(s)
I picked up my C350 on Friday. The day before, I insisted on "supervising" the installation of the Quick Park sensors. When they pulled the bumper cover off, we were all surprised to see that the inside of the bumper cover was already scored with marks showing exactly where each sensor hole should be drilled - and those marks were exactly where the accessory brochure shows they should be! So those of you who have had dealers say that the instructions indicate otherwise, they are truly full of it.

Here is a "fair" photo of the sensors. They hardly show at all, but the camera's flash makes them appear more noticeable than they really are. And the system works perfectly. No false alarms, etc.

itcrashed 11-18-2007 09:40 PM

thanks for the info and the pic, kieffer.

i plan on getting quick park installed as well.

Bokx_350 11-18-2007 09:49 PM

Thanks for the info. I would like to ask a couple of questions.
Does the quickpark system mutes/lowers the volume of your stereo when you put your car in reverse? Does the beeping sound from the system comes out of your stereo speakers? if not, where does it come from. And the big one; how much was your total? I appreciate your help as this will be a great aid in making my desicion.
Thanks

lx Raven xl 11-19-2007 02:58 AM

it does not mute the stereo for me. Normally I use the visual than the sound. visual are very accurate as well. or press the mute button on steering.

I do not think the sound comes from the stereo speaker. I will check where it comes from.

The total ? well i got a comfort package and this includes the park sensors. I m in amsterdam btw.

and yes , You wont even notice the park sensors standing close the car unlesss you really look for them. I got metalic black and still they are not noticeble.

Bokx_350 11-19-2007 07:01 AM

I thought the dealer-installed quick park did not have a visual. Kieffer, does yours have a visual?

lx Raven xl 11-19-2007 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by Bokx_350 (Post 2510808)
I thought the dealer-installed quick park did not have a visual. Kieffer, does yours have a visual?

Then it must be something different you guys have in US. I got front and rear park sensor and have the diplay unit for them as well at front dash centre and at rear seat roof behind the rear seats reading lights pannel.

PHYBENZ 11-19-2007 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by lx Raven xl (Post 2510818)
Then it must be something different you guys have in US. I got front and rear park sensor and have the diplay unit for them as well at front dash centre and at rear seat roof behind the rear seats reading lights pannel.

You have praktronic, which is not offered in the US. Quickpark is sensors only in the rear bumper, and only audio aid.

Kieffer 11-19-2007 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Bokx_350 (Post 2510313)
Thanks for the info. I would like to ask a couple of questions.
Does the quickpark system mutes/lowers the volume of your stereo when you put your car in reverse? Does the beeping sound from the system comes out of your stereo speakers? if not, where does it come from. And the big one; how much was your total? I appreciate your help as this will be a great aid in making my desicion.
Thanks

Though the QP system plugs directly into the wiring "hub" in the trunk, it does not do anything to the stereo volume. It has its own speaker that mounts under the back shelf - completely invisible. There is no visual. It is NOT like Parktronic, where you rely on the visual first, then get the audible warning only when you are in the visual's "red zone." The QP starts beeping immediately upon sensing an obstacle, then the beeps get progressively closer as the bumper gets closer to the obstacle.

Though it is in the back, the sound is definitely loud enough to notice, but I don't find it intrusive at all. My dealer made the mistake of doing the QP at the price on the accessories website - $400 something, including installation! They said they sent out a company-wide e-mail saying that, though Mercedes says it should take 1.2 hours to install it, they said something like 4.0 hours should be allotted, which included painting the sensors. I was told that Mercedes is already re-evaluating their 1.2 hour estimate, but it's all probably a moot point with parktronic likely coming in 2009.

For you, just get your estimate in writing like I did so that they don't try to charge you for being on the early side of the installation learning curve. Let me know if you have any more questions.

I tested it in various parking and backup situations, and it works just as well as the Parktronic on our ML.

red309 11-19-2007 10:08 AM

Does it beep inside the car or outside?

tanktube67 11-19-2007 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Kieffer (Post 2510288)
I picked up my C350 on Friday. The day before, I insisted on "supervising" the installation of the Quick Park sensors. When they pulled the bumper cover off, we were all surprised to see that the inside of the bumper cover was already scored with marks showing exactly where each sensor hole should be drilled - and those marks were exactly where the accessory brochure shows they should be! So those of you who have had dealers say that the instructions indicate otherwise, they are truly full of it.

Here is a "fair" photo of the sensors. They hardly show at all, but the camera's flash makes them appear more noticeable than they really are. And the system works perfectly. No false alarms, etc.

Did you get it done in the USA?

Krytech 11-19-2007 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by tanktube67 (Post 2511035)
Did you get it done in the USA?

His profile says he's from Colorado.

Krytech 11-19-2007 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by lx Raven xl (Post 2510731)
You wont even notice the park sensors standing close the car unlesss you really look for them. I got metalic black and still they are not noticeble.

Question, so your car is painted in a metallic black and your sensors are not painted? I heard they came black, but I wasn't sure if it was a glossy black or not and my dealer wasn't sure. I ask because I ordered an Obsidian Black car and would like to get the sensors installed, maybe even do it myself. Thanks!

Bokx_350 11-19-2007 12:24 PM

OK, So I called my dealer about the quickpark. They say it is $450 + 2 hours labor at $125/hours = $700 + tax. That does not include the painting (which they tried to convince me into not doing stating that it was optional :crazy:). Any ideas on how to bring this price down?

Krytech 11-19-2007 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Bokx_350 (Post 2511168)
OK, So I called my dealer about the quickpark. They say it is $450 + 2 hours labor at $125/hours = $700 + tax. That does not include the painting (which they tried to convince me into not doing stating that it was optional :crazy:). Any ideas on how to bring this price down?

Did they say what color they come in? If I recall, the mbusa site says they come 'ready for painting' but that may mean primer gray?

aansonsit 11-19-2007 01:35 PM

my quickpark sensor (CAD $510+ $3xx labor+tax) is FREE:zoom:

Bokx_350 11-19-2007 03:20 PM

I checke in another dealer and they are asking for 4 hours at $125/hour for the instalation (the first dealer raised their time to 2.5 hours). They both are charging an additional 125 just for the paint. So the totals are $1100 in one dealer and $910 in the others.

I guess I'll look for other aftermarket options as both of these prices are more than I'm willing to pay for a sensors-only kit ($700 is my highest value). I just wanted to point out the big differences in price among Mercedes dealers in the same city.

ogrotewohl 11-21-2007 02:22 AM

Parktronic

Originally Posted by PHYBENZ (Post 2510883)
You have praktronic, which is not offered in the US. Quickpark is sensors only in the rear bumper, and only audio aid.

I had a rear Parktronic installed by my dealer in San Francisco. Has audio and visual indicators, works perfectly.

Bokx_350 11-21-2007 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by ogrotewohl (Post 2514626)
I had a rear Parktronic installed by my dealer in San Francisco. Has audio and visual indicators, works perfectly.

Wow. Finally some good news. Now thats something I'm willing to pay for. Could you plese give more details? Like price and part number or some other reference that will help me get it here in Boston. BTW, is your car MM-packaged?

Thanks

Kieffer 11-21-2007 10:19 AM

Do you really have "Parktronic," or did your dealer install an aftermarket system?

MBfan21 11-22-2007 12:09 AM

I was interested in getting it but how would it be in bumper to bumper traffic? I try to avoid parallel parking at all costs. I haven't quite mastered it yet. Which probably means I should get it.. ha.

ogrotewohl 11-23-2007 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by Bokx_350 (Post 2514792)
Wow. Finally some good news. Now thats something I'm willing to pay for. Could you plese give more details? Like price and part number or some other reference that will help me get it here in Boston. BTW, is your car MM-packaged?

Thanks

Price was about $700 if I remember correctly (for rear Parktronic only - I think they said front and back would have been $1300). Am currently traveling, so will have to get back home for exact price, not sure if part number is indicated on the sales contract.
The dealer was really nice - my sales person came to my office (10 miles out of town) to pick up the car for installation and dropped it off the same afternoon. The sensors on the rear bumper look exactly like on the pix in this thread. I can't imagine that they would have installed an aftermarket system, but I can post some pix when I get back for you all to decide. In any case, it works quite well. The indicator in the back has vertical bars left and right and a number (in feet) in the center to indicate the distance. The audio indicator beeps with increasing frequency the closer you get to an obstacle.

It's an expensive option, but really very useful for the tight parking spaces in San Francisco. I fail to see the use for front sensors though, since the C300 really has excellent visibility out front.

ogrotewohl 11-23-2007 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by Bokx_350 (Post 2514792)

Thanks

Oh, and forgot to say: Yes, my car is MM packaged.

aansonsit 11-23-2007 02:33 PM

i feel my quick park sensor is ugly, my car is white , not too macth, coz that sensor colour is too white, i wiil post pic later!

Krytech 11-25-2007 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by MBfan21 (Post 2516120)
I was interested in getting it but how would it be in bumper to bumper traffic? I try to avoid parallel parking at all costs. I haven't quite mastered it yet. Which probably means I should get it.. ha.

I would it would only turn on when in reverse.

phs 11-25-2007 10:35 PM

If it is not too inconvenient, would you be so kind as to post a picture of the parktronic indicator inside your car cabin?