C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

After-Delivery Additions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 10:04 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Garage door openers

<<I hate having those things on my visor. Not to mention it's a security nightmare if you car gets broken in to, those guys will have your address and opener!>>

Precisely. I know someone who parked his SUV outside because his S500 and SL500 were in the garage. So, late one night, some thieves opened up the Explorer, grabbed the door opener and opened the garage, loaded a lot of valuables stored there and then made off with both cars because the keys were in them.

Can't do that with the built-in openers, obviously.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:07 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Programming them pesky buttons

The rolling code programming procedure is in the owners manual.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 E350 4Matic Wagon, 2013 C350 4Matic Sedan
Originally Posted by RLE
So, late one night, some thieves opened up the Explorer, grabbed the door opener and opened the garage, loaded a lot of valuables stored there and then made off with both cars because the keys were in them.
And this is why I keep telling my MIL to lock her car even when it's in the garage, and to look the door to the house from the garage.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK55
Originally Posted by Jorg
Hi Marakbai:

Here are the instructions very simplified.

You take your car away from your house, hold down the outside buttons until the light flickers, now everything is empty. Than you take one garage opener hold it to the mirror and depress the desired button until it flickers. Now you car has learned the code.

Now you drive back to your home and park in front of your garage. Have your wife standing on the step ladder, garage door is now open and you can see the car in plain view and have her press the learn button, usually a red button. Simultaneously you press the programmed button in your car and after a view tries the code is synchronized and you can open and close the garage.

That's it. Piece of cake, a lady taught me the trick.

Jorg
You don't need two people. I programed my CLK by myself. I think I had to hit the red button on the garage door opener and run back to the car fast and hit the button. Can't remember, it was a while ago but I know I did it alone.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:43 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Programming

<<You don't need two people. I programed my CLK by myself. I think I had to hit the red button on the garage door opener and run back to the car fast and hit the button. Can't remember, it was a while ago but I know I did it alone.>>

If you can make from the opener back to the car in 30 sec or less (I did) then you can do it by yourself. But, as Jorg posted, you must pair the old opener and the mirror first. Just follow the manual's instructions. Just as a last resort, you understand.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:02 AM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
2020 GLC 43
programming the remote with rolling code is brainlessly simple to do by yourself. and its also in the manual. I have done it with a former acura tl, benz ml320, lexus ls 430, and my current lexus IS 350. the directions are exactly the same for all vehicles. they are contained in most likely the form most easy to digest [manuals tend to suck] by a poster above.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 (W204) w/ MM, P1, & 18"amg's
Originally Posted by JohnGjolaj1
actually, c350 does not come standard with xenon lights unless your from canada or europe. For us americans we would have to order it seperately or get the p2 package. I ordered my xenons seperately from ebay.
And the price was? if u dont mind =)
Old 11-26-2007, 11:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 E350 Coupe Steel Gray
I was able to program my garage door with the rolling code - took me a few tries, but finally success. One thing that I did notice that was different in this car as opposed to the last is that the key must be in the ignition and turned for the remote to work. My last car (a Chrysler) would work without the key even being in the ignition.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:12 AM

2008 - S550 4Matic, 2010 - E350 4Matic, 2010 - C350 4Matic
Sure you can do it by yourself it is just a lot easier if you have somebody who pushes the red "learn" button while you sit in the car.

Looking back I think we made the mistake by thinking the learn button signal would be adopted by the car. In fact you use the learn button to program in the signal from the car to the garage door opener.

Once the young lady taught me how to do it, it is simple. I found the manual very confusing

Like with many things if you do it often it gets simpler each time. One thing is for sure it is more convenient than the garage door opener remotes.

Jorg
Old 11-26-2007, 11:34 AM

2008 MB C300; 2007 Acura RDX
Originally Posted by Jorg
Sure you can do it by yourself it is just a lot easier if you have somebody who pushes the red "learn" button while you sit in the car.

Looking back I think we made the mistake by thinking the learn button signal would be adopted by the car. In fact you use the learn button to program in the signal from the car to the garage door opener.

Once the young lady taught me how to do it, it is simple. I found the manual very confusing

Like with many things if you do it often it gets simpler each time. One thing is for sure it is more convenient than the garage door opener remotes.

Jorg
Thanks Jorg ...that's exactly my mistake when programming .... I neglected to do the remote to car first! I will try on my wife's RDX and do my C whenever it comes in ... thanks for the instructions!