MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   After-Delivery Additions (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/219089-after-delivery-additions.html)

Stick Girl 11-19-2007 10:03 AM

After-Delivery Additions

This is a spinoff from something on another thread. What are the dealer/mfg additions? The ones I have read (correct me if I'm wrong, please):
  • Homelink
  • Sirius
  • 6 disc changer
  • Ipod Kit

Any others?

WillBenz 11-19-2007 10:40 AM

Add ons

I'm looking for a source for the 18" AMG wheels...other than the dealer...of course...BTW I love a girl who can handle a stick!

Jorg 11-19-2007 10:43 AM

Xenon lights

deleted the rear head rest fold down feature

Improved rear view mirrors.

Jorg

Stick Girl 11-19-2007 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by WillBenz (Post 2510972)
BTW I love a girl who can handle a stick!

WOO HOO. Both times I test drove the stick at 2 different dealerships, the salesguys told me that they were amazed how well I "handled" the stick. I'm not sure if that is a good claim to fame or not. :naughty:

Stick Girl 11-19-2007 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Jorg (Post 2510977)
Xenon lights

Jorg, how much extra were the xenons? I've actually thought about that upgrade.

tanktube67 11-20-2007 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Stick Girl (Post 2510920)
This is a spinoff from something on another thread. What are the dealer/mfg additions? The ones I have read (correct me if I'm wrong, please):
  • Homelink
  • Sirius
  • 6 disc changer
  • Ipod Kit

Any others?

rear view mirrors, I'm looking on some wheels, quad exhaust and 1 1/2 to 2'' lowering kit :zoom:

Stick Girl 11-20-2007 09:58 AM

I was reading on the MBUSA site (in the Owner's Online) that navigation was a factory option OR dealer installed accessory. How is the latter possible?

peabers 11-20-2007 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Jorg (Post 2510977)
Xenon lights

JORG -- Bi-xenon's are standard on the C350W4M.... so not sure what you mean by this....

Brad G 11-21-2007 02:21 AM

After Delivery Options

Checked w/ my local stealership today. (I was having them check for the linkage shudder noise going into first and second gears I was hearing w/ the stick - they checked everything out and said everything looked okay - still waiting to hear from any manual owners if this is normal?)

Anyways, the parts guy there quoted me $1,200 for the homelink/auto dimming mirror combo. (The car I chose didnt have the P1 but had the rare stick so I took it).

Said the mirror w/ just the homelink was around $500 and the auto dimming only would be around $475, parts only, no labor??

BTW, he also said he didn't believe cars w/o P1 would have come prewired w/ the correct harness for the Homelink??

Anyone know about this?

What about waiting a few months and going through an auto dismantler for parts like this (from a totaled car, etc.?)

Stiggs 11-21-2007 08:12 AM

I ordered the rear trunk lid spoiler. Dealership will stick it on when the car comes in.

Stick Girl 11-21-2007 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Stiggs (Post 2514764)
I ordered the rear trunk lid spoiler. Dealership will stick it on when the car comes in.

I really wish that I had this. I didn't even know that it existed at the time I bought the car. Maybe if I flirt real hard with the salesguy... :naughty:

Jorg 11-23-2007 04:00 PM

The three items I listed make no sense. I forgot why I wrote it.

The xenons are standard, I miss the rear headrest folding down button

and I like to over sized mirrors.

Jorg

RLE 11-23-2007 04:45 PM

Wiring harness

<<BTW, he also said he didn't believe cars w/o P1 would have come prewired w/ the correct harness for the Homelink?? Anyone know about this?>.

That is correct. MB wiring harnesses no longer include unused conductors. You are out of luck unless you want to install a new wiring harness.

Easier to sell the car and buy the one you should have gotten in the first place.

Brad G 11-23-2007 05:22 PM

No Pre-wire for Self Dimming/Homelink Mirror

RLE:

Not sure who your message was directed too but I am very happy with my particular car. The car I chose is leased through MB Financial and I did not want to pay any more than I have agreed to pay. This is a full $100 higher than my 2004 C230 manual.

Wanted the manual trans and from all information I've researched, the manuals in the 08s are few and far between unless special ordered. I was told I would have had to wait 90 days for a special order which I really didn’t want to have to do. This car was the exact color I wanted and even had the 18" AMG wheels.

Honestly, the only thing I do miss that would have been included on the P1 package would be the Homelink button for my garage door (I'm storing my garage remote hidden in the covered in the ash tray slot since I don't smoke) and the self dimming mirror.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe the self dimming feature on the mirror requires any power? I understand it is a liquid or chemical thing within the mirror itself?

Also, there is power going to the review mirror because the two map lights (controlled by separate switches on the headliner console) are housed at the bottom of the mirror.

I have a car audio person who I'm sure could find a way to make it work, however, my local stealership quoted me $475 to purchase the self dimming mirror and $500 for the homelink mirror and for the one that has both features at $1,200.00. The entire P1 package is only a $1,400.00 option.

Maybe in a few months, I might be able to find one of these mirrors for a couple hundred bucks at an auto dismantler?

marakbai 11-23-2007 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Jorg (Post 2517804)
The three items I listed make no sense. I forgot why I wrote it.

The xenons are standard, I miss the rear headrest folding down button

and I like to over sized mirrors.

Jorg

Priceless! thanks for the clarification; I guess we've all been having long days!

Jorg 11-24-2007 01:56 PM

The garage door opener is standard on the C350 models. I feel that should be standard on all MB cars.

Jorg

Krytech 11-24-2007 02:03 PM

I'm thinking about getting the QuickPark package and maybe doing the install myself. I saw on another thread here that the wiring harness that it plugs into is already existing in the trunk so the install sounds fairly simple. Not looking forward to removing the bumper though, hopefully it comes off easily... :nix:

peabers 11-24-2007 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Jorg (Post 2518870)
The garage door opener is standard on the C350 models. I feel that should be standard on all MB cars.

Jorg

*In Comic Book Guy voice* Most useless feature ever....
... for me, as I don't have a garage :mercy:

chilledbenz 11-24-2007 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by peabers (Post 2519091)
*In Comic Book Guy voice* Most useless feature ever....
... for me, as I don't have a garage :mercy:

Its a good feature if you actually have a garage ha ha, saves you from having a bulky opener fastened to your sunvisor. You can also buy plugs for your house that work with the homelink, so you can hit the button and it will turn on a light for you inside your house. I saw on another post someone wanted to add this feature to a base car and the cost was $400 bucks, thats plain crazy, you could buy a new garage door opener for that ha ha.

JohnGjolaj1 11-24-2007 06:59 PM

actually, c350 does not come standard with xenon lights unless your from canada or europe. For us americans we would have to order it seperately or get the p2 package. I ordered my xenons seperately from ebay.

peabers 11-24-2007 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by JohnGjolaj1 (Post 2519198)
actually, c350 does not come standard with xenon lights unless your from canada or europe. For us americans we would have to order it seperately or get the p2 package. I ordered my xenons seperately from ebay.

The poster (Jorg) is from Canada where, as you have pointed out, xenon's are standard feature.... hence my comment. :smash:

Jorg 11-25-2007 09:16 AM

It took me some doing, but I have the three garage door openers programmed:

Left button: Wife's garage

Right button: My garage

Center button: Office garage door

In earlier days, I had three garage door openers laying in the car.

I love it now after I really learned how to program then in properly. It always took MB a few hours to have the right button work on three cars for three doors and all in the identical position. It was getting so complicated that I made it a special note on my car purchase agreements.

Then I bought a BMW and I had a sales lady. She told me she would do it and bring a technician. Then she came alone to the house and I told her that I made a detailed instruction sheet how to get this complicated task done. While I was inside the house looking for my instruction sheet, she finished the job. I was amazed. She showed me how to do it and now it's a piece of cake.

Leave it up to the ladies.!!!!!!

Jorg

marakbai 11-25-2007 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Jorg (Post 2519904)
It took me some doing, but I have the three garage door openers programmed:

Left button: Wife's garage

Right button: My garage

Center button: Office garage door

In earlier days, I had three garage door openers laying in the car.

I love it now after I really learned how to program then in properly. It always took MB a few hours to have the right button work on three cars for three doors and all in the identical position. It was getting so complicated that I made it a special note on my car purchase agreements.

Then I bought a BMW and I had a sales lady. She told me she would do it and bring a technician. Then she came alone to the house and I told her that I made a detailed instruction sheet how to get this complicated task done. While I was inside the house looking for my instruction sheet, she finished the job. I was amazed. She showed me how to do it and now it's a piece of cake.

Leave it up to the ladies.!!!!!!

Jorg

guaranteed I would need some help with this when my car comes in ... I've never been able to program the Homelink on my Acuras as my opener has a "rolling code" ... I've been able to do it on my Aunt's house though with an older opener. If I could figure this out I'd feel so much better; I hate having those things on my visor. Not to mention it's a security nightmare if you car gets broken in to, those guys will have your address and opener!

Jorg 11-25-2007 09:22 PM

Hi Marakbai:

Here are the instructions very simplified.

You take your car away from your house, hold down the outside buttons until the light flickers, now everything is empty. Than you take one garage opener hold it to the mirror and depress the desired button until it flickers. Now you car has learned the code.

Now you drive back to your home and park in front of your garage. Have your wife standing on the step ladder, garage door is now open and you can see the car in plain view and have her press the learn button, usually a red button. Simultaneously you press the programmed button in your car and after a view tries the code is synchronized and you can open and close the garage.

That's it. Piece of cake, a lady taught me the trick.

Jorg

Andr3an 11-25-2007 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Jorg (Post 2520817)
Hi Marakbai:

Here are the instructions very simplified.

You take your car away from your house, hold down the outside buttons until the light flickers, now everything is empty. Than you take one garage opener hold it to the mirror and depress the desired button until it flickers. Now you car has learned the code.

Now you drive back to your home and park in front of your garage. Have your wife standing on the step ladder, garage door is now open and you can see the car in plain view and have her press the learn button, usually a red button. Simultaneously you press the programmed button in your car and after a view tries the code is synchronized and you can open and close the garage.

That's it. Piece of cake, a lady taught me the trick.

Jorg

Gonna try it when the car arrives..