MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   Phone & Audio Delay (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/219904-phone-audio-delay.html)

pcb 11-25-2007 09:44 AM

Phone & Audio Delay

Just recently a new issue has come up with my bluetooth phone and an audio delay through the multi media system.

Now each time I hang my phone through the MB MM system it takes 10 seconds or so to bring back the audio that I was listening to prior to my phone call.

It is as if the phone call is still connected (but it is not)...then 10 seconds later the music I was listening to returns.

Hitting disconected on the MM system does nothing to bring audio back sooner nor does going to the audio source inside the MM system. It is almost stuck on the phone setting for a bit.

This was not the case when I first got the vehicle. Anyone else have this happening or fixed?

ryanrohaley 11-25-2007 02:08 PM

So it's a new issue w/ the same phone? I know that when I hit the "hang-up" button on the steering wheel, it takes only a split second before I'm returned to the audio I was originally listening to.

peabers 11-25-2007 03:43 PM

No issues after haning up my Blackberry 8800 either. I do notice that it seems to take a split second longer if I was listening to MP3's on a CD.

V8 AMG 11-25-2007 05:40 PM

On our C300, when we end a call, it also goes back to audio fairly quick. The only glitch i noticed is, if you open up a name in an address book and dialled their number by mistake and hit the "end " button, it doesnt happen straight away and can take up to 2-3 secs to perform the task. Has anyone else noticed that too ?

Krytech 11-25-2007 06:26 PM

Maybe try repairing your phone to the car? :nix:

Kind of like when your computer acts up and you need to reboot it... And my computer I mean Windows. :rolf:

tanktube67 11-25-2007 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by pcb (Post 2519925)
Just recently a new issue has come up with my bluetooth phone and an audio delay through the multi media system.

Now each time I hang my phone through the MB MM system it takes 10 seconds or so to bring back the audio that I was listening to prior to my phone call.

It is as if the phone call is still connected (but it is not)...then 10 seconds later the music I was listening to returns.

Hitting disconected on the MM system does nothing to bring audio back sooner nor does going to the audio source inside the MM system. It is almost stuck on the phone setting for a bit.

This was not the case when I first got the vehicle. Anyone else have this happening or fixed?

warranty :mercy:

pcb 11-25-2007 07:15 PM

Yeah it is a new issues with the same phone. If I hit hang up on the steering wheel I have the delay if I hit hang up on the radio I have the delay and when I hit hang up I also get the delay.

A few weeks ago it was only a minor (less then one second) delay and now it is upwards of 10 seconds before it returns to audio.

I will re-pair the phone and see what happens.

MBTex 11-26-2007 10:34 AM

I've had the same issue with my Treo 700wx. It sometimes waits for the other party to hang up before releasing the BT in the car. Hitting the hang up button does no good. In fact, the whole MM system freezes up until the phone finally lets go.

I've got a Sprint phone so I had figured that was the problem...