MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   Bluetooth Phone (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/219910-bluetooth-phone.html)

kevin1446 11-25-2007 11:01 AM

Bluetooth Phone

I am trying to find out what type of phone I need to link up with the new auto. I went to MBUSA site and all the phones the recommend for Verizon are outdated. I just want a simple connection . Example Samsung u410

peabers 11-25-2007 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by kevin1446 (Post 2520001)
I am trying to find out what type of phone I need to link up with the new auto. I went to MBUSA site and all the phones the recommend for Verizon are outdated. I just want a simple connection . Example Samsung u410

Basically, most Bluetooth enabled phones should be able to connect to the COMAND system for voice capabilities. Personally, I am using a Blackberry 8800. The audio level is good, but I have not been able to transfer the address book over to the car.

Jorg 11-25-2007 09:28 PM

They tell me that they have the best luck with the new Motorola phones.

The latest models are available this week and I will try one.

Jorg

stephensong 11-25-2007 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by Jorg (Post 2520825)
They tell me that they have the best luck with the new Motorola phones.

The latest models are available this week and I will try one.

Jorg

I have a Motorola that is a few months old and it works greats.

V8 AMG 11-26-2007 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by peabers (Post 2520020)
Basically, most Bluetooth enabled phones should be able to connect to the COMAND system for voice capabilities. Personally, I am using a Blackberry 8800. The audio level is good, but I have not been able to transfer the address book over to the car.

I believe that if you want to transfer the address book across, you need to buy an HFP (Hands free profile) adapter specific for your Blueberry from the dealership. This allows COMMAND to access more functions from your phone such as the address book, sms etc.

As i use a Nokia, i had to go for the SAP (Sim Access Profile) approach which does a similar thing. Note that SAP is Nokia prorietary so most Nokias need this to send address book info across to COMMAND. Have a look at the posting of my car pics in another thread and you will see the SAP device i am speaking of (located inside centre console area).

Hope this helps.

Jorg 12-05-2007 09:17 PM

I just got the latest Motorola Bluetooth cell phone. In the E-Class it works perfect including the address book shows up.

In the C-Class the phone works but I can't get the address book to show up. The dealership tells me it does not work on the C-Class.

I am not giving up yet.

Jorg

W204 12-05-2007 10:52 PM

Most of the sync issues (i.e. address book, etc) are cured with upgrading the firmware/software on either/or both ends. I've had experience with successfully doing this on other cars, with both Motorola & RIM (Blackberry) phones.

Lakerz4sho 12-06-2007 02:27 AM

if you're looking simply to answer and make calls on your phone, i think 99% of bluetooth enabled phones should work just fine.. i would say 100% but who knows?

if you're talking full synching capability, etc.. then probably you will be limited to the ones on the recommended list.

rmeltz1 12-06-2007 09:25 AM

I just upgraded to the new Verizon Voyager (a.k.a. "iPhone killer") and it works perfectly with the lastest Bluetooth puck from MB. The sound quality is great and (yes!) the address book syncs too.

Blk04cobra1 12-06-2007 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Jorg (Post 2538012)
I just got the latest Motorola Bluetooth cell phone. In the E-Class it works perfect including the address book shows up.

In the C-Class the phone works but I can't get the address book to show up. The dealership tells me it does not work on the C-Class.

I am not giving up yet.

Jorg

It's not that it wont work, you just have to share your contacts within the phone (my 2year old Razr phone does this, so im sure the new one would)...the phone has to be on "business cards" menu, ready to receive, then you can share your entries...it's a PITA I know, but that's the only we've been able to get it to work.

dmunjal 12-06-2007 11:43 AM

The easiest way to do this is to use a PCMCIA card or adaptor and upload them (VCFs) in.

inFiniTE LooP 12-06-2007 12:21 PM

i've tried a Sony Ericsson Z520a (not on the list of phones from mbusa) as well as a motorola RIZR Z3 and both work fine and identical. as Blk04cobra1 said, we transferred 'business cards' to the car and that's how we got our address book/contact list in there.

kimyoung_k 12-06-2007 02:12 PM

I have no luck with my Sprint Samsung SPH-A900 phone. It sees each other, but refuses to sync. I checked MBUSA for the Comparable phone list and Sprint is not even an carrier option to select. There is no Samsung phones listed neither.:mercy:

Anyone who has Samsung Sprint phone was able to successfuly connect to your C via bluetooth???
Thanks

MBTex 12-06-2007 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by kimyoung_k (Post 2539043)
I have no luck with my Sprint Samsung SPH-A900 phone. It sees each other, but refuses to sync. I checked MBUSA for the Comparable phone list and Sprint is not even an carrier option to select. There is no Samsung phones listed neither.:mercy:

Anyone who has Samsung Sprint phone was able to successfuly connect to your C via bluetooth???
Thanks

The Sprint phones work VERY poorly with the MB BT. I have a Treo 700wx on Sprint and it recognizes the MB BT about 85% of the time. When it does all I can do is make and receive calls though, no phone book downloading at all.

Jorg 12-06-2007 03:58 PM

Thank you for the good advise. My wife has the phone and car and i can't try it at this time.

We all reported the dilemma to MB and you would thing the get at it and try and solve the issue. I guess we have to push harder.

Thank you for the constructive advise, it's very much appreciated.

Jorg

Stick Girl 12-06-2007 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by MBTex (Post 2539140)
The Sprint phones work VERY poorly with the MB BT. I have a Treo 700wx on Sprint and it recognizes the MB BT about 85% of the time. When it does all I can do is make and receive calls though, no phone book downloading at all.

That's interesting. I have a Palm Centro and I have no problems with calls. Now, it didn't download my whole phone book (that is true), but I can go into each contact and select Send Contact --> BT and it'll pick it up.

BoLd69 12-06-2007 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by MBTex (Post 2539140)

My Treo 700 Verizon works no problem...again like others said you would have to beam your contacts 1 by 1 from your contacts and you should be fine.

Ed

MBTex 12-06-2007 07:10 PM

Yeah this issue has been discussed on the Electronics forum...it isn't a Treo problem, it's a Sprint problem with their PCS network. Those with Treo 700w's on Verizon have been reporting increased accessability. The Treo 700wx'ers on Sprint are still screwed apparently. Maybe it has something to do with the Microsoft OS in the wx model.

Stick Girl...who's your carrier?

Stick Girl 12-06-2007 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by MBTex (Post 2539439)
Yeah this issue has been discussed on the Electronics forum...it isn't a Treo problem, it's a Sprint problem with their PCS network. Those with Treo 700w's on Verizon have been reporting increased accessability. The Treo 700wx'ers on Sprint are still screwed apparently. Maybe it has something to do with the Microsoft OS in the wx model.

Stick Girl...who's your carrier?

I have Sprint.

MBTex 12-07-2007 09:54 AM

That's good to hear. Which OS does your phone use? Palm or Windows?

Stick Girl 12-07-2007 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by MBTex (Post 2540162)
That's good to hear. Which OS does your phone use? Palm or Windows?

It is Palm OS. It is the newest Palm phone called the Centro (the smaller one).

MBTex 12-07-2007 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Stick Girl (Post 2540748)
It is Palm OS. It is the newest Palm phone called the Centro (the smaller one).

Well, maybe we are narrowing my problems down to the Microsoft OS.

It works best with all of my home and work networks since they are also Microsoft products, but not with much of anything BT.

I'm starting to wish I'd gotten the Treo 700w instead of the 700wx...

wase4711 12-07-2007 11:00 PM

my Sprint blackberry 8830 synced just fine, as does my wifes LG Fusic through Sprint..

mbenz06 12-10-2007 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by dmunjal (Post 2538834)
The easiest way to do this is to use a PCMCIA card or adaptor and upload them (VCFs) in.

So I bought a PCMCIA card and have all my contacts in outlook but have no clue how to send them over to the card as a VCF... Any help here?

MBTex 12-10-2007 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by wase4711 (Post 2541353)
my Sprint blackberry 8830 synced just fine, as does my wifes LG Fusic through Sprint..

Transfer phone books ok? Which OS do the phones use?