MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   Free Car Wash (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/220347-free-car-wash.html)

Lakerz4sho 11-28-2007 11:44 AM

Free Car Wash

So, my dealer told me about getting free car washes anytime i took my car into the dealership. Question is, can you just go to any MB dealer, or does it have to be the one that I purchased from?

I live in So. Cal and purchased from Laguna Niguel.

MBTex 11-28-2007 12:44 PM

It's a dealer perk so you have to take it to the dealer that you bought from.

Warranty issues, however, will gladly be accepted by any MB dealer.

angeloxnet 11-28-2007 01:37 PM

anyone know if the dealers will wash the car for a fee?
instead of me going to the local gas station do they provide this service?

MBTex 11-28-2007 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by angeloxnet (Post 2525812)
anyone know if the dealers will wash the car for a fee?
instead of me going to the local gas station do they provide this service?

Depends on the dealer...ask your sales rep.

misterng 11-28-2007 02:46 PM

I wouldn't get the car wash from the dealer, swirl marks for sure!

Timeless 11-28-2007 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by misterng (Post 2525928)

What he said...and every MB dealer I have been to does free car washes no matter if you bought it there or not. I'm even the third owner of this car. :)

chilledbenz 11-28-2007 03:21 PM

My dealer does free washes as well, its hand washed with pressure washer, never done me wrong yet (no swirls, scratches, or dings). :y

stephensong 11-28-2007 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by MBTex (Post 2525722)
It's a dealer perk so you have to take it to the dealer that you bought from.

Warranty issues, however, will gladly be accepted by any MB dealer.

I have taken my C350 to three dealers and purchased nothing from them but they washed my car for free. In fact Phil Smart in Seattle, whenever the sun is shing come in and get a car wash but get here early as the lines are long.

emps 11-28-2007 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by misterng (Post 2525928)

I've told every dealer not to wash my car when it's brought in for service. ever see those mitts they 'hand' wash your car with?

chilledbenz 11-28-2007 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by emps (Post 2526898)
I've told every dealer not to wash my car when it's brought in for service. ever see those mitts they 'hand' wash your car with?

Yeah to be honest, I've watched my dealership wash my car...and they don't handwash it as they claim. They use a power washer to wash down the car and the only "hand washing" is applying wheel bright to the wheels. Might be why I haven't gotten any swirls or scratches. Lol I think it just sounds better if they say its handwashing. At least it isn't one of those automated washes that scratch places you didn't know would scratch and leave you holding your rearview mirrors at the end. :smash:

DrDanNJ 11-29-2007 12:34 AM

I don't think the free car wash is a perk. I really hate it when they wash my car. They never ever do a good job. You can see scratches. Last time, I bought the car in for a recall. My rims were all scratched up. I don't like to bring it in unless it is necessary.

RLE 11-29-2007 08:24 PM

Free?

<<So, my dealer told me about getting free car washes anytime i took my car into the dealership....I live in So. Cal and purchased from Laguna Niguel.>>

In a very weak moment six months back, I asked my dealer for a car wash because the weather was crappy and the car was dirty. I lived to regret it because one of the car wash apes took one of the wheel pushbrooms and scratched the living hell out of the roof and trunk lid. Not swirls but scratches, some of which I could not polish out with my random-orbital polisher.

I will say that if one is an apartment dweller with no garage, then the idea of a free wash is tempting but the possibility of real damage is just too great.

Never again.

AsianML 11-29-2007 08:44 PM

My dealer only has time to do it after they're done servicing it. Which brings me to another point: they're not giving our cars TLC like we would if we were washing it. They're just doing it as a courtesy and doing it quickly to get the next car in line washed.