MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   Sports mode button? (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/221232-sports-mode-button.html)

webada 12-04-2007 10:36 PM

Sports mode button?

Does the US C300 sports/luxury/4matic have the sports mode button on the center console?

or is this the same button by the shifter?

stephensong 12-04-2007 10:46 PM

This vehicle does not have a sport button. Maybe next year on the 2009.

Aggressive 12-04-2007 11:14 PM

There is a C and S button that allows you to switch between Sports mode and Comfort mode. It is located to the left of the shifter on my C300 Sport

CarGuru 12-04-2007 11:38 PM

Don't take it from me as my dealer explained it as (S) for sport :nix: But I later found out from this forum the C designates "Control" for a more luxurious and smoother shift pattern or starting out in inclimate conditions i.e. snow/ ice etc... the S designates "Standard" although arguably it shifts more sporty.
-Ryan

lx Raven xl 12-05-2007 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by webada (Post 2536432)
Does the US C300 sports/luxury/4matic have the sports mode button on the center console?

or is this the same button by the shifter?

The sports button in Europe models in the center console is advanced agillity package.

S and C button ( which is sports or comfort mode, Agility Control Package with Selective Damping System ) comes in all model that is present by the shift knob.

stephensong 12-05-2007 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by lx Raven xl (Post 2536711)
The sports button in Europe models in the center console is advanced agillity package.

S and C button ( which is sports or comfort mode, Agility Control Package with Selective Damping System ) comes in all model that is present by the shift knob.

Not on USA models. There is no Sport button and no agility control package.

tanktube67 12-05-2007 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by stephensong (Post 2536750)
Not on USA models. There is no Sport button and no agility control package.

I hade the understanding the agility control is standard on all C350 for the S and C mode, the C Mode (comfort)is for smooth shift and when the car takes off starts on 2nnd gear, the S mode (sport) the car takes off on 1st gear and shifts faster

lx Raven xl 12-05-2007 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by tanktube67 (Post 2536818)
I hade the understanding the agility control is standard on all C350 for the S and C mode, the C Mode (comfort)is for smooth shift and when the car takes off starts on 2nnd gear, the S mode (sport) the car takes off on 1st gear and shifts faster

Hes referring to the Advanced agility package which is not offered in US. Standard Agility Control Package with Selective Damping System is present in all cars. even in US. The C and S mode.

AsianML 12-05-2007 04:00 PM

So is it Control/Standard or Comfort/Standard? Comfort/Standard is what is always has been (after the change from W/S).

e1000 12-05-2007 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by AsianML (Post 2537481)
So is it Control/Standard or Comfort/Standard? Comfort/Standard is what is always has been (after the change from W/S).

comfort/standard

MBTex 12-05-2007 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by AsianML (Post 2537481)

There is a lot of confusion on this one, even amongst the dealers. My dealer has told me (and I've seen W203 OM's to confim this) that it is Control/Standard. That is what I've thought it was.

However, I have now been shown a W204 OM that specifically states it is Comfort/Sport so that is what I am calling it.

Whatever it is called Control/Comfort or Sport/Standard, as long as it does what it is supposed to do I don't care.

e1000 12-05-2007 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by MBTex (Post 2537550)
There is a lot of confusion on this one, even amongst the dealers. My dealer has told me (and I've seen W203 OM's to confim this) that it is Control/Standard. That is what I've thought it was.

However, I have now been shown a W204 OM that specifically states it is Comfort/Sport so that is what I am calling it.

Whatever it is called Control/Comfort or Sport/Standard, as long as it does what it is supposed to do I don't care.

it's Comfort/Sport on the W203 owner's manual too.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....8&postcount=21

MBTex 12-05-2007 04:46 PM

Here's a link to a W204 online OM that has Comfort and Sport...

http://www4.mercedes-benz.com/e/cars...2F.html#N17DFB

MBTex 12-05-2007 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by e1000 (Post 2537572)
it's Comfort/Sport on the W203 owner's manual too.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....8&postcount=21

Yeah which explains all of the confusion....even the dealers call it different things.

Maybe it is different in different MB models (I don't know if it is) but there is definately a lot of confusion.

lx Raven xl 12-06-2007 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by MBTex (Post 2537597)
Yeah which explains all of the confusion....even the dealers call it different things.

Maybe it is different in different MB models (I don't know if it is) but there is definately a lot of confusion.

Not sure about US but over here ( Amsterdam NL ) its called Comfort /Sport.

All MB dealers i have been to said the same thing.

Maybe In US the dealer confused the buyers.

The manual states its comfort/sport.

webada 12-06-2007 09:45 AM

I guess what I'm really asking is whether the c/s button in the US models comes with suspension dampering and agility control.

Some one posted here saying all US 2008 c-class models has it but not the ADVANCE agility control.

I didn't know there is a difference.

QQQ 12-06-2007 09:59 AM

All cars come std with Agility Control but US and Canada does not come with Advanced Agility package. Here is the excerpt from UK site:

Standard on the new C-Class Saloon, the Agility Control Package with Selective Damping System raises the bar for ride comfort without compromising on precision and control.

This intelligent suspension set-up recognises the road conditions and adapts the damping behaviour accordingly. So, on a smoother road surface an integral valve reduces the damping force automatically to accommodate the smaller shocks. This significantly reduces road roar and tyre vibration, and improves the chassis’ characteristics, while maintaining high levels of active safety and comfort.

The new Advanced Agility Package – available as an optional extra for the new C-Class Sport – lets you adjust the car’s driving characteristics to suit your mood.

Choose 'Comfort' Mode and you’ll enjoy a smooth, luxurious ride. The continuously variable dampers adjust to suit the road surface and driving style, reducing road noise and vibrations. Meanwhile, the car’s control module ensures that gearshifts are seamless and throttle and steering response is subtle and understated. In Comfort Mode, cruising is the order of the day.

But if you’d prefer something a little more exhilarating, simply push the button to 'Sport' Mode and everything changes.

With the continuously variable damping, handling becomes more taut, body roll is reduced and the ride becomes firmer. Steering and throttle response becomes sharper and gear changes more responsive. Even ESP® (Electronic Stability Program) intervention is marginally reduced to help enhance the dynamic driving sensation – without compromising active safety, of course.

But don't mix up with the S/C button on the gear shift. That is the Standard/Comfort mode for transmission to start in 1st or 2nd gear and in C mode will upshift earlier. In some markets the Advanced Agility also comes with the paddle shifter.

MBTex 12-06-2007 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by webada (Post 2538655)
I guess what I'm really asking is whether the c/s button in the US models comes with suspension dampering and agility control.

No. In the US the c/s button changes the transmission settings only, not the suspension settings. Maybe next year...

webada 12-06-2007 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by QQQ (Post 2538665)
All cars come std with Agility Control but US and Canada does not come with Advanced Agility package.
But don't mix up with the S/C button on the gear shift. That is the Standard/Comfort mode for transmission to start in 1st or 2nd gear and in C mode will upshift earlier. In some markets the Advanced Agility also comes with the paddle shifter.

Thanks for the clear up.

I guess the one I saw in a video is the non-US model with sports mode button on the center console. Why do us americans always end up with the short end of the stick? (no flames plz)

430752 12-06-2007 10:40 AM

look at euro online manual for more

C or S button is stated as comfort-sport in USA. seems to be transmission only, but not sure. Thereis the additional advanced agility control button located int he center console, in that bare gap between the heated seats buttons, which would be for advanced agility control. Not available in USA. The auro cars offer so much more, do a google search of mercedes c-class online manual, or interactive manual, and you should get a mercedes website for an interactive manual for their german cars (in english). real time traffic, advanced agility control, memory seats, keyless go, seat adjusters on the door, not on the seats, impvoed climiate control (thermatronic instead of thermatic), cell phone holder in the armrest compartment, roll-over door above the cup-holders, etc. I forget, but the site showed three buttons in the center stack between the seat heater, only one of which was the advanced agility control.

Oh yeah, funny thing is that on the euro interactive online manual, it says to leave the car selected in Sport, only to use comfort in limited circumstances (doesn't specify, forget the exact language), which is pretty much directly opposite to what I've heard every american dealer say that i've dealth with (4 of them).

Oh yeah, again, the german version had an oddity to adjust the headlight cone height. Yeah, it had adjustments settings for driver only, driver and a few passengers, driver and all passengers and baggage, and then a final setting for max weight on rear axle, which it said was for towing (:confused:), each settng adjusted the headlights so that the dispersion of the cone or beam was adjusted accordingly. This adjustment button or scroll wheel was next to the traditional headlight selector. I dunno of thats cool or dumb. Well, whatever.

lx Raven xl 12-06-2007 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by 430752 (Post 2538713)
C or S button is stated as comfort-sport in USA. seems to be transmission only, but not sure. Thereis the additional advanced agility control button located int he center console, in that bare gap between the heated seats buttons, which would be for advanced agility control. Not available in USA. The auro cars offer so much more, do a google search of mercedes c-class online manual, or interactive manual, and you should get a mercedes website for an interactive manual for their german cars (in english). real time traffic, advanced agility control, memory seats, keyless go, seat adjusters on the door, not on the seats, impvoed climiate control (thermatronic instead of thermatic), cell phone holder in the armrest compartment, roll-over door above the cup-holders, etc. I forget, but the site showed three buttons in the center stack between the seat heater, only one of which was the advanced agility control.

Oh yeah, funny thing is that on the euro interactive online manual, it says to leave the car selected in Sport, only to use comfort in limited circumstances (doesn't specify, forget the exact language), which is pretty much directly opposite to what I've heard every american dealer say that i've dealth with (4 of them).

Oh yeah, again, the german version had an oddity to adjust the headlight cone height. Yeah, it had adjustments settings for driver only, driver and a few passengers, driver and all passengers and baggage, and then a final setting for max weight on rear axle, which it said was for towing (:confused:), each settng adjusted the headlights so that the dispersion of the cone or beam was adjusted accordingly. This adjustment button or scroll wheel was next to the traditional headlight selector. I dunno of thats cool or dumb. Well, whatever.

Everything stated here is true for a euro model. Except dealer told me to use C not S for first 1500KM or 1000 miles.

That scroll button is actually quite handy. you can see bit of more road at night.

QQQ 12-07-2007 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by webada (Post 2538707)
Thanks for the clear up.

I guess the one I saw in a video is the non-US model with sports mode button on the center console. Why do us americans always end up with the short end of the stick? (no flames plz)

Yes Advanced Agility has a Sport button on centre console. I heard Advanced Agility is delayed in Europe and not available until Fall 2007. So there could be a pent up demand to fill and they are not coming stateside this year. Another explanation is when they uprate the C350 with CGI engine that churns out 290hp (already available in Europe) they may bring the Advanced Agility package with paddle shifter... of course by then you expect they will match the 335 price point.

peabers 12-07-2007 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by lx Raven xl (Post 2539179)
Everything stated here is true for a euro model. Except dealer told me to use C not S for first 1500KM or 1000 miles.

That scroll button is actually quite handy. you can see bit of more road at night.

Oh no.... not his argument again.... :bow:
BTW, when my car was delivered, it was in S mode (as with the European deliveries I have heard thus far) and the salesmen made no specific mention about leaving it in C.

As for the headlamp levels... all Bi-xenon equipped vehicles should have an auto-leveling function. I believe this was mandated by EU regulations. You will notice it when you first start up the car... the cutline will move downwards then up again, as the initial adjustment.

lx Raven xl 12-07-2007 03:42 PM

mine was in S when it was deleivered. My dealer changed it to C while he was diving a demo and told me to keep it there for first 1500K Also yes the cutline moves up and then down again to auto level. This feature was in my bro's 2006 BMW 3 series as well.