MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   C280 Air Circulation mode is killing me !! plz help!! (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/221357-c280-air-circulation-mode-killing-me-plz-help.html)

twinspark 12-05-2007 07:20 PM

C280 Air Circulation mode is killing me !! plz help!!

Guys,,, I have never experienced this b4 in any of my previous car, and it is really bothering me. Even when the air circulation is on, i can still smell the outside (Egypt is so polluted and i really cant stand this anymore-- i can smell the outside as if the windows were opened),,, the dealer told me that it is specifically designed in order to prevent 70% only of the air coming in & not 100% for safety reasons... and if i want it to prevent 100%, they should upgrade the software.

I find this very hard to believe,,, do u think he is saying the truth??? IF not, what can i do??:nix:

PoaMike 12-05-2007 10:55 PM

Wear a gasmask.
1-You wont smell the outside
2-People would 'admire' you
3-Cops would dare touch your licence with it on
Lol everyone wins!
Really tho i have never hurd of such a thing. im guessing there can be somekind of software mod. that you could install. but i have never even thought this would be a problem.

-Mike:y

Yacht Master 12-05-2007 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by twinspark (Post 2537818)
Guys,,, I have never experienced this b4 in any of my previous car, and it is really bothering me. Even when the air circulation is on, i can still smell the outside (Egypt is so polluted and i really cant stand this anymore-- i can smell the outside as if the windows were opened),,, the dealer told me that it is specifically designed in order to prevent 70% only of the air coming in & not 100% for safety reasons... and if i want it to prevent 100%, they should upgrade the software.

I find this very hard to believe,,, do u think he is saying the truth??? IF not, what can i do??:nix:

Two things, push recirculate and the cabin filter. The cabin filter has activated charcoal to absorbs odors.
If that fails consider relocating, the smell is not the fault of the car.

RLE 12-05-2007 11:56 PM

Smells

<<Two things, push re-circulate and the cabin filter. The cabin filter has activated charcoal to absorbs odors.
If that fails consider relocating, the smell is not the fault of the car.>>

You can certainly use the recirculate function which reverts to normal after 30 min but the activated charcoal filter does not exist in the W204. Just another W203 item removed.

Brad G 12-06-2007 01:11 AM

Recirculation Button?

Does anyone know if there is a way to have the recirculation button remain on even after the car is turned off and resarted?

I alway forget to repush the recirculation button until I ususally am reminded by fumes from the vehcle in front of me?

Thanks.:nix:

twinspark 12-06-2007 04:08 AM

Even when it is still on. It is not efficient!!! need ur help here :confused:

lx Raven xl 12-06-2007 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by twinspark (Post 2538513)
Even when it is still on. It is not efficient!!! need ur help here :confused:

check with your dealer. I do not think anyone of us has this issue with air circulation.

tanktube67 12-06-2007 08:35 AM

at lest you have a choice.

twinspark 12-06-2007 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by lx Raven xl (Post 2538552)
check with your dealer. I do not think anyone of us has this issue with air circulation.

Damn!! I called him again,,, and he is sticking to what he said.. I will have to sign a form that will be sent to Germnay in order to update the software!!

The new software will close the gates 100% and wont disconnect the circulation after 30 min. ( it will always remain on)... which i dont mind!

But I have trouble believing that its a software thing...!! :smash:

twinspark 12-12-2007 07:18 PM

Guyss!! could someone plz check the validity of what I said above! I cant believe this :bs:

it only shuts the gates passing air from the outside to the inside by 70% !!

lx Raven xl 12-13-2007 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by twinspark (Post 2547903)
Guyss!! could someone plz check the validity of what I said above! I cant believe this :bs:

it only shuts the gates passing air from the outside to the inside by 70% !!

Which module you have installed for the airco? is it the standard one or the one thats called.Airconditioning: autom. airco THERMOTRONIC ??? ( costs here around 1000 Euros )

twinspark 12-13-2007 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by lx Raven xl (Post 2548514)
Which module you have installed for the airco? is it the standard one or the one thats called.Airconditioning: autom. airco THERMOTRONIC ??? ( costs here around 1000 Euros )

well, i think its the standard one. how can I know whick one i have?

lx Raven xl 12-13-2007 06:46 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by twinspark (Post 2548563)
well, i think its the standard one. how can I know whick one i have?

let me show you picture. Is this the one you have??

twinspark 12-13-2007 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by lx Raven xl (Post 2548574)
let me show you picture. Is this the one you have??

It looks exactly the same with the 2 knobs shown. However, i dont have the reset button and the button beneath it. I think mine is the thermatic

And i dont have aircon for the rear. only vents.

lx Raven xl 12-13-2007 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by twinspark (Post 2549003)
It looks exactly the same with the 2 knobs shown. However, i dont have the reset button and the button beneath it. I think mine is the thermatic

And i dont have aircon for the rear. only vents.

There is no button under the reset. its actually digital display of the air flow.

I think you have what we call standard here. but none the less contact MB directly . Dealers mostly have less information or totally incorrect info.

Baron Samedi 12-13-2007 05:06 PM

I've heard of this before. Actually, I had heard that the fresh air vents closed to 80% (but that was for BMW). I'm surprised that they'll modify it for you. Wouldn't happen in the US.

twinspark 12-13-2007 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Baron Samedi (Post 2549475)
I've heard of this before. Actually, I had heard that the fresh air vents closed to 80% (but that was for BMW). I'm surprised that they'll modify it for you. Wouldn't happen in the US.

I will have to sign a form first that my dealer will send to Germany. The form states that the gates will close by 100% at user's risk and the circulation mode wont be switched off automaticaly after 30 min (as it was used to be).

'91 300CE 12-15-2007 11:24 AM

From what I understand... it is not good at all to drive with the recirc on all the time... it will over time freeze the A/C system as it needs some moist air to work properly and if you are in recirc 100% of the time... its just running really dry air through the system.

And it's not good for YOU as you are getting no fresh air and just breathing stagnant air with no refresh of oxygen... airplanes dont even run pure recirculated air for that reason... it is refreshed with outside air