MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   Did your dealership advertise on your car? (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/221776-did-your-dealership-advertise-your-car.html)

MBfan21 12-08-2007 11:53 PM

Did your dealership advertise on your car?

I'm not referring to the dealer advertising on the bracket. But did your dealership (or I guess it would be the motor group who built your car?) put their emblem on the back of your car? I'm looking at some of the pics in the official thread and I notice some people were lucky to not get the extra advertising emblem.

But in a way it doesn't look that bad as I guess they usually color match it to your car.

stephensong 12-09-2007 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by MBfan21 (Post 2542405)
I'm not referring to the dealer advertising on the bracket. But did your dealership (or I guess it would be the motor group who built your car?) put their emblem on the back of your car? I'm looking at some of the pics in the official thread and I notice some people were lucky to not get the extra advertising emblem.

But in a way it doesn't look that bad as I guess they usually color match it to your car.

What is an advertising emblem?:nix:

MBfan21 12-09-2007 12:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Like this? Did he put this in the back?
Sorry the picture is dark outside. But did you get one of those put on the back of your car?

omgitselaine 12-09-2007 01:01 AM

had the exact same one as above from Prestge and i took it off as soon as i got home :) nothing that some goo gone cant handle in lesss than a minute :)

MBfan21 12-09-2007 01:09 AM

What is goo gone?

Shake 12-09-2007 01:32 AM

Its a solution that removes sticky stuff off. You can find it in most stores.

chilledbenz 12-09-2007 01:42 AM

I made this comment on the R class thread, someone got a nice looking R but the dealer glued their emblem to the back. Any dealer that glues anything to a Benz should be taken behind the show room and beaten down. I am passionate about that, it really ticks me off to see a dealership do that. I'll let them put license plate brackets on my car, I'll even tell people where I bought it from, but don't spit in my eye by glueing something to a $40k or in the case of some models well over $100k investment.

KiwiRobbie 12-09-2007 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by chilledbenz (Post 2542517)
someone got a nice looking R but the dealer glued their emblem to the back.

What a nice looking R, you're kidding right, in no way can a hearse ever look nice.

Stiggs 12-09-2007 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by chilledbenz (Post 2542517)
I made this comment on the R class thread, someone got a nice looking R but the dealer glued their emblem to the back. Any dealer that glues anything to a Benz should be taken behind the show room and beaten down. I am passionate about that, it really ticks me off to see a dealership do that. I'll let them put license plate brackets on my car, I'll even tell people where I bought it from, but don't spit in my eye by glueing something to a $40k or in the case of some models well over $100k investment.

I agree. Luckily my dealership does not do this. If they did I would be pissed.

stephensong 12-09-2007 11:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by MBfan21 (Post 2542461)
Like this? Did he put this in the back?
Sorry the picture is dark outside. But did you get one of those put on the back of your car?

Yes they did, I informed them that I charge $25 a month to advertise their dealership on the back of my car. They removed it before I drove off the lot. It is the white round emblem in the photo. I removed the dealer license plate frames when I got the car home. I have never allowed a dealer to place its name on MY car.

MBfan21 12-09-2007 09:49 PM

When my dealer took the plates from my trade in off the car, they threw away the old bracket with the other MB dealership advertising. Just handed me my old plate. I think they were afraid I would install the other bracket on my car and advertise that dealer. :smash:

Also of all "words" they could advertise on my car, they had to advertise Prestige. That's going to make me look so pretentious. I don't want people thinking I put that there.

430752 12-09-2007 11:11 PM

MB Morristown - Yes

MB of Morristown tried, but a hair dryer and dental floss and 30 seconds later it was gone. What got me more mad was that is wasn't even metal. I've noticed almost all NJ Merc dealers seem to have a round emblem (excpet maybe prestige) and it was always minted out of some thick metal. Kinda looked nice, except it being advertising. Catena had the gullwing merc as their symbole. MB of Morristown had the symetrical MBM in the circle, with either M being cut off for the circle. Benzl Busch had the four little circles forming a square inside the circle, etc. Didn't know Prestige (bergen county?) was not a circle. Anyway, all used to be metal. Well, this time I got a plastic! raised sticker. Like about a 1/8 inch thick, metallic sitcker covered by a puffy clear sticker. Cheap. DIdn't even really need the dental floss cuz once you got an edge, you could roll it back.

Well, seems like MB of Morristown got cheap. At least if they wanted me to keep it they could've done it nicely. :nix: And, like other things I've noticed in my car purchase, they truly treat it like they're selling a chevy or ford. I would not recommend Mercedes of Morristown at all, unless you don't think buying a merc should be better or more nice than buying a chevy or ford (or honda or etc.)

S-Clusiv 12-09-2007 11:21 PM

MBZ of Alexander put a damn asterisk on my ML350 so it says; ML350*

chilledbenz 12-10-2007 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by KiwiRobbie (Post 2542592)
What a nice looking R, you're kidding right, in no way can a hearse ever look nice.

The R is a very nice looking vehicle. When I go to trade my ML in, in about 10k more miles, I will seriously look at the R. I drove one and the ride beat my ML to pieces, and it has a lot more room inside ( its actually longer than the S class). It doesn't get near the credit it should, probably why its selling in such low volumes in the states.

Stiggs 12-10-2007 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by S-Clusiv (Post 2543528)
MBZ of Alexander put a damn asterisk on my ML350 so it says; ML350*

What? We need pics of that ASAP!

MBTex 12-10-2007 10:21 AM

My dealer just had a license plate cover. When I got my plates I told them I had my own cover to put on the rear, but I let them put theirs on the front. It does look pretty nice and I don't mind plugging the dealer if people really wanted to look at it.

atiqa 12-11-2007 11:10 AM

I really get annoyed by that also, but luckily my dealership didn't do it. No one's sticking anything on my car.
Also, when I went to pick up the car, I brought my own license plate frames with me.