MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   White C300 Sport Manual w/ Pano and AMG 18" Price (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/222462-white-c300-sport-manual-w-pano-amg-18-price.html)

narky 12-14-2007 04:16 AM

White C300 Sport Manual w/ Pano and AMG 18" Price

Hello.

I'm about to put a deposit down for a manual transmission, white C300. The only two options are panorama roof and the AMG 18" wheels. :D

I tried reading through the forum to find a similar vehicle to compare, but everyone has P1/P2 and/or Multimedia and/or Automatic. But I've always driven a manual, and I thought all the options other than navigation and bi-xenons were useless for me. I would've liked to have those two without the extra bundles, but I think I'm gonna have to go aftermarket for them.

edmunds.com says that a car equipped as such should cost $33,696 in my area. But the dealers are offering me MSRP - %5, which comes out to $32276.25. OTD price is MSRP - %5 + tax and licensing. And I'm thinking maybe I can get the price before TTL down to $31999.99, just for fun.

Even if I can't, $32276.25 still seems to be a fair price for the vehicle.

What do you guys think? Good deal? Fair price? Bad deal? :nix:

c300lv 12-14-2007 04:57 AM

:zoom:good deal..but the multimedia is something that u definitely need to get..its great! if u dont mind spending the extra cash.. im glad i got it but i wish i had the 18"s

stephensong 12-14-2007 06:31 AM

Without either P1 or P2 you might as well by a Honda V6. The resell value without one of these packages and the 6 speed is going to be next to nothing. When you add after market Bi-Z lights and other mods, forget about it.

tanktube67 12-14-2007 08:29 AM

will you be purchasing or leasing?

Untertürkheim 12-14-2007 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by stephensong (Post 2550420)
Without either P1 or P2 you might as well by a Honda V6. The resell value without one of these packages and the 6 speed is going to be next to nothing. When you add after market Bi-Z lights and other mods, forget about it.

+1

chilledbenz 12-14-2007 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by stephensong (Post 2550420)

Lol you know your probably right. And the Honda Accord with the 6 speed manual would walk all over the C300! :rolf:

narky 12-14-2007 07:08 PM

I'm purchasing in full with cash.

I have no plans on selling it in the near future. I am working now, but preparing for grad school, so I'll be driving this car for at least the next 5 years.

I could care less for the resale value, as I'm not trying to make money off this car. I make money by more efficient means.

I plan on modding the car, and damn the resale value, if only to belatedly live out my unfulfilled boyhood dreams of owning a fixed up car.

I know that this car is mad slow. Yes, even slower than the Accord.

I was looking at much faster and/or better handling cars (08 Miata, 08 WRX (STi), 08 S2000 (CR), Mazdaspeed 3, 2006 Evo, 2008 Evo, and a few others). But settled on the 08 C class after taking into account my line of work; I can't afford to be seen as an adolescent. At least it's RWD, and I think the Pano Roof should keep me happy for at least 6 months. And I didn't want a BMW 3-series because my good friend just picked up a 335. No copycat.

Even so, I refuse to drive an automatic, so C350 was out of the question. And I think P1 and P2 are filled with mostly useless garbage. I asked the dealer if I could add bixenons and navigation without all that other stuff, and was told "no." And I don't feel like being forced to buy options I don't want just because they are bundled together.

That's the whole, long story.

What about now, is that price a good deal? :confused:

Cameron Reddy 12-14-2007 07:41 PM

Phooey on slow. The car is nice and zippy. All you will need, certainly. And, as a grad school student, you will hardly want to take the hits of several speeding tickets.

Yes, it's a good deal. BUT, think of this... you will grow accustomed to the luxury features so "bundled" as you say. More accurately, you will grow to be very thankful for those features.

Look, a few bucks is not apparently a big deal for you. So spend them and get a world class car with a little pampering. You will enjoy the luxuries long after you have forgotten the few bucks spent to get them.

Cameron

narky 12-14-2007 07:55 PM

That's what I originally thought as well. But, things like heated seats, I would NEVER use. I'm a winter person -- can't stand heat.

But now, I have a new offer: same car (white, manual, pano, AMG18"), but with P1 added for $32,353 plus tax and license. I emailed to see if they'll go down to, once again, $31,999. :naughty:

This is definitely a good deal, it seems, adjustment or not. Yes?

Oh, and due to arrive in January (as opposed to mid-, late March) to boot! :y

Krytech 12-14-2007 08:49 PM

Sounds like a good deal to me. :y

chilledbenz 12-15-2007 01:56 AM

Well I understand where your coming from. First if you want a manual transmission car you pretty much have to jump on what ever you can find, cause they are quite rare in the sense that there aren't many on lots.

I'm with you on the whole resale thing, you buy a car because you like it, not because you think you will get more money out of it when you go to get rid of it. Just thought that because you wanted the manual that you were going more for the sporty feel and not for the looks.

The Accord may have more speed, but it can't compare to the C in the looks department, not to mention even though the Accord has went more upscale in its interior this year, its still not as solid as a Benz.

As for the zippy comment, it's only zippy in the manual two wheel drive config. (0-60 in 6.5 with the manual, 7.1 with the auto) don't have numbers for a 4matic but I'm guessing you can add another second or two to the autos time. I do own a C300 so I'm not running the car down, I'm just saying the auto cars are fat piggies specially with the 4matic and could use about 30 more hp make it a nice 250. The extra horses wouldn't improve 0-60 times, but they would make for better performance in real world situations.

narky 12-15-2007 03:22 AM

6.5s for the manual? That's not half bad! I've only seen 7s everywhere. I guess they were talking about the automatics. Pleasant surprise!

I do care more about the "sport feel." In fact, before, that's all I cared about. So when I decided to buy a new car, I was at first bent on buying a Civic Si sedan and "pimpin" it up, just like a high schooler. Then I ran into strong, very strong, opposition from all sides, and had to move up a bit in the price range. :mercy:

This is only the second car I will have bought new, and I wanted a RWD this time. I still have the 02 Altima 3.5L V6 manual bought new right after college. Acceleration decent, handling and build quality crappy. In fact, I gotta say Nissan truly sucks in the interior build quality department.

This time, my top three choices were 2008 Honda S2000, 2008 Mazda Miata Grand Touring with PRHT, and 08 Infiniti G35 sedan. I really liked all three for vastly different reasons, but then I saw the new 08 C-class, and forgot everything.

I had never liked Mercedes before, because I've always felt like it was the more luxurious (read: opposite of sporty) one of the German cars. But the white Sport with pano roof looked so beautiful. And it's RWD, offered with manual. I had to have it.

That's how I came to buy my first M-B. Can you tell I'm excited from my long, long, long story? :y The dealer is trying to secure the January delivery for me, and if all goes well, I go make a deposit tomorrow. Wish me luck!

I can't wait until the car is well broken in. I expect to spend a lot of money replacing tires. :naughty: