MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   Door panel rattling noise while playing stereo.... (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/222543-door-panel-rattling-noise-while-playing-stereo.html)

twinspark 12-14-2007 08:09 PM

Door panel rattling noise while playing stereo....

I've noticed that the driver's door panel rattles and make noise when i increase the volume above avg. sound levels . The bass is set at 6-7 most of the time. Do u have any ideas that could help eliminate it ??

This actually reminds me of my previous alfa 156.... rattles rattles & rattles...

W0n6_3d4n 12-14-2007 08:12 PM

Lower down the bass :D. Does it rattle when opening and closing the door?? Probaly a panel resonance caused by the bass in the music.

twinspark 12-14-2007 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by W0n6_3d4n (Post 2551633)
Lower down the bass :D. Does it rattle when opening and closing the door?? Probaly a panel resonance caused by the bass in the music.

yeah i know,,, and when i press on the door panel,,, all rattles disappear and there is nothing but pure bass :D

but how could i get this fixed for good??

spotless 12-14-2007 09:10 PM

I get the rattle coming from the front pass. speakers, especially when I listen to AM news radio. Dealer ordered a new speaker for me. Albeit, mine rattles even at low volume.

Moviela 12-14-2007 09:39 PM

Line the inside of the door with dynamat. It is a thick sheet of dampening material that stops surfaces it is applied to from vibrating. A professional sound company knows how to get it and use it.

ATSOBE 12-15-2007 09:56 AM

I too in my right door have the smae issue lower the bass it goes away

rb23lb 12-15-2007 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by twinspark (Post 2551679)
yeah i know,,, and when i press on the door panel,,, all rattles disappear and there is nothing but pure bass :D

but how could i get this fixed for good??

I have the EXACT same problem, only on the front passanger door... and have already posted on this...

when i press on the wood insert or the door panel right below it, it fixes the problwm and hear nothing but clean bass.... the volume doesn't even have to be that loud for it to happen, and i can only hear it from one door so it is definitely a defect... i am planning on placing a wedge piece inbetween the door panel seam underneath the wood trim...

dissapointing that MB has such cheap build quality

rb23lb 12-15-2007 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Moviela (Post 2551775)
Line the inside of the door with dynamat. It is a thick sheet of dampening material that stops surfaces it is applied to from vibrating. A professional sound company knows how to get it and use it.

not necesseary!!! this is a problem of a loose panel that could be tighter seamed, not a dynamat issue...

i have dynamatted 2 cars that had aftermarket 2-4 12" subwoofer systems...
they had real bass which would of course need it...

get real, that would never be the case in the MB HK system

rb23lb 12-15-2007 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by spotless (Post 2551724)
I get the rattle coming from the front pass. speakers, especially when I listen to AM news radio. Dealer ordered a new speaker for me. Albeit, mine rattles even at low volume.

EXACTLY! am radio news as a low end that causes my front passenger door to rattle/vibrate...

place a wedge piece between the door panel seam beneath the wood panel, this will fix the problem

my retarded dealer said they could not find the issue, and that everything was fine, BS:smash:

W0n6_3d4n 12-15-2007 05:41 PM

Foam in a strategic position will help immensely. My installer is against dynamat in a stock car like mercedes because of it's mess and ability to cut people finger, he uses foam instead, work like magic. Just need to track down the noise and apply proper type of foam depending on the location.

ffejalink 12-15-2007 06:47 PM

If you can locate the rattle, it may require some as little as a strategically placed piece of felt. This stopped the seatbelt height adjuster and center console trim rattle in my W203.

Kieffer 12-15-2007 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by ffejalink (Post 2552845)
If you can locate the rattle, it may require some as little as a strategically placed piece of felt. This stopped the seatbelt height adjuster and center console trim rattle in my W203.

I agree. I, too, had this in a previous car. Once I finally found the rattle / vibration, jamming some felt between the vibrating pieces solved it once and for all.