MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   a couple of issues: side mirror tilt not working, static with ipod (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/222880-couple-issues-side-mirror-tilt-not-working-static-ipod.html)

AMG BRED 12-17-2007 07:54 PM

a couple of issues: side mirror tilt not working, static with ipod

1. The ipod connection lately is getting alot of static when playing songs. what gives?

2. the right side mirror no longer tilts when you put the car in reverse. how can i fix this? yes, i have also made sure the right mirror switch is selected.

RLE 12-17-2007 07:56 PM

Tilt? Not again.

<<the right side mirror no longer tilts when you put the car in reverse. how can i fix this? yes, i have also made sure the right mirror switch is selected.>>

If your right side mirror ever tilted in reverse, it must be possesed because that feature is not present on US models.

RLE 12-17-2007 08:00 PM

Wrong list

<<the right side mirror no longer tilts when you put the car in reverse. how can i fix this? yes, i have also made sure the right mirror switch is selected.>>

<<If your right side mirror ever tilted in reverse, it must be possesed because that feature is not present on US models.>>

Posted without noticing that you are asking a question about a CLK on the W204 list for some reason.

Regardless, that failure is caused by the driver's seat memory module and was very common on W203s, as just one example. If you are out of warranty, you are looking at a big bill.

AMG BRED 12-17-2007 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by RLE (Post 2555855)

<<If your right side mirror ever tilted in reverse, it must be possesed because that feature is not present on US models.>>

Posted without noticing that you are asking a question about a CLK on the W204 list for some reason.

Regardless, that failure is caused by the driver's seat memory module and was very common on W203s, as just one example. If you are out of warranty, you are looking at a big bill.

no, i am posting in regards to my mom's W204. She has a C350. Are you saying the W204 never had this feature of auto-tilt? wtf?

RLE 12-17-2007 08:23 PM

Tilt

<<no, i am posting in regards to my mom's W204. She has a C350. Are you saying the W204 never had this feature of auto-tilt? wtf?>>

WTF, exactly. Does she live in the US or Canada? To have right mirror tilt, the car must have seat memory and that feature is not available on cars built for the US market. Canadian cars are different.

AMG BRED 12-17-2007 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by RLE (Post 2555888)
<<no, i am posting in regards to my mom's W204. She has a C350. Are you saying the W204 never had this feature of auto-tilt? wtf?>>

WTF, exactly. Does she live in the US or Canada? To have right mirror tilt, the car must have seat memory and that feature is not available on cars built for the US market. Canadian cars are different.

that's crazy, yeah i noticed she didn't have memory settings when i picked up the car from her. i also noticed she doesn't have a PDC or a back up camera yet it plays dvd in park. Someone screwed up in their logistics meeting.

For the demographic the car is aimed at (females) PDC should be a must. :nix:

sou98 12-18-2007 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by AMG BRED (Post 2555895)
that's crazy, yeah i noticed she didn't have memory settings when i picked up the car from her. i also noticed she doesn't have a PDC or a back up camera yet it plays dvd in park. Someone screwed up in their logistics meeting.

Canadian spec do not have tilt mirror when backing (reverse) up.
Seat memory is part of the package (option)

stephensong 12-18-2007 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by AMG BRED (Post 2555895)

PDC?

AMG BRED 12-18-2007 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by stephensong (Post 2557424)
PDC?

Parktronic

pmb600 12-23-2007 11:27 AM

BMW calls it PDC: Park Distance Control I think. MB is Parktronic.

peabers 12-24-2007 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by RLE (Post 2555888)

I distinctly remember my dealer demo had tilt down passenger side mirror. I even complained that the feature on my TL was driver-programmable.

Read somewhere on this forum that there's a flash to get this onto the W204.

Stick Girl 12-24-2007 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by peabers (Post 2565654)
I distinctly remember my dealer demo had tilt down passenger side mirror. I even complained that the feature on my TL was driver-programmable.

Read somewhere on this forum that there's a flash to get this onto the W204.

Peabers, I just noticed (or really paid attention) that there is a cutout on the drivers door where I would assume that the keyless entry would be. How many things do you think are actually prewired into the car but are "currently unavailable" in the US?

Jorg 12-24-2007 10:15 AM

When it gets cold in Canada and I do wash my car very frequently to get the salt spray off, these features, folding mirrors and tip down rear view mirror will freeze up. I park the car in a heated garage and it will work again. So during the coldest winter months, I turn both features off, to protect the gears.

Jorg