MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   headlight washers spray the entire car! (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/223640-headlight-washers-spray-entire-car.html)

wase4711 12-23-2007 07:55 AM

headlight washers spray the entire car!

So, alot of you are dealing with the winter mess this time of year, and I have noticed a problem with my 300 lux...the headlight washers seem to be out of alignment; when we use them, the entire hood, roof, and car behind me seems to get blasted..the hood is covered in a white soapy coating after it happens, and its a real pain in the butt..
I have had cars with headlight washers before, and they actually stayed on the headlights, but this one seems to blast all over.
Anyone else have this problem? I assume the dealer can adjust this, but not sure...its almost time to take it in, with 1000 miles on it, and this AND the tire pressure warning "issue" are the only 2 things that we have dealt with so far...

Stiggs 12-23-2007 10:17 AM

Sounds like an easy fix for the dealer.:nix:

Kieffer 12-23-2007 10:51 AM

Maybe your should see the bright side to this - it might be a great way to get tailgating drivers to back off, especially if they are in convertibles!

This made me remember a 1999 BMW 750iL I had - it would shoot the headlight washer nozzles out of their housings with so much force that one of them dented the edge of the hood. Now THAT was a fun warranty claim.

wase4711 12-23-2007 11:10 AM

well, I assume they are super powerful so that they will actually do something while traveling at a high rate of speed, and since my wife never goes faster than 40mph, I thought that might have something to do with it!
I hope the dealer can actually aim them downward a little bit; yes, it shouldnt be that big of a deal

Krytech 12-23-2007 05:02 PM

Does any ones washers NOT spray the entire car? The one I test drove sprayed us and every other car in a 50ft radius. Ok, slight exaggeration, but the salesperson said it was designed that way so it would work efficiently on the autobahn. I think US dealers just like saying the word autobahn. I wonder how many salespeople know bahn translates to road. It's just a freeway for crying out loud...

Personally, I thinking of find a way to install a switch or something to disable the headlight washers when I don't want them turning on if they bug me too much.

tanktube67 12-24-2007 01:23 PM

<<So, alot of you are dealing with the winter mess this time of year, and I have noticed a problem with my 300 lux...the headlight washers seem to be out of alignment; when we use them, the entire hood, roof, and car behind me seems to get blasted..the hood is covered in a white soapy coating after it happens, and its a real pain in the butt..>>

YES IT DOES

User110 12-24-2007 02:54 PM

Diff car, same problem, the little cap in the housing for mine must of came off, it went flying 3 cars behind me when i tried to test it out in my driveway. have not taken it in yet thou.

ALi