MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   "Send to Car" and Tele-Aid (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/226176-send-car-tele-aid.html)

ni2mi2 01-12-2008 07:48 PM

"Send to Car" and Tele-Aid

We activated Tele-Aid today from our new C300 and overall it was a smooth process. The connection was clear and we got through to a person within 20 seconds of pressing the "I" button.

Something that the tele-aid support person told me didn't feel right - the new C300 is not supported with the "Send to Car" feature from Google/Yahoo maps. She mentioned it was a new feature introduced by MB (DUH - I didn't want to bust her thunder by telling I knew all about it!!) and the new C is not compatible with it. If I need any directions, she said, I should call the Tele-Aid support person and I would be charged for every direction call after the first three ones. That sounded wrong to me - rather, it sounded she did not want me to research on this but rather pay for a feature that could very well be available at no cost!! :bs:

Anyhooo...my qn is - "Has anyone tried this option of Send to Car with the new C"? If yes, what is the email id that I need to put in Google / Yahoo maps? Is it the email ID that we registered for Tele-Aid?

Thanks in advance!

emps 01-12-2008 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by ni2mi2 (Post 2595137)
We activated Tele-Aid today from our new C300 and overall it was a smooth process. The connection was clear and we got through to a person within 20 seconds of pressing the "I" button.

Something that the tele-aid support person told me didn't feel right - the new C300 is not supported with the "Send to Car" feature from Google/Yahoo maps. She mentioned it was a new feature introduced by MB (DUH - I didn't want to bust her thunder by telling I knew all about it!!) and the new C is not compatible with it. If I need any directions, she said, I should call the Tele-Aid support person and I would be charged for every direction call after the first three ones. That sounded wrong to me - rather, it sounded she did not want me to research on this but rather pay for a feature that could very well be available at no cost!! :bs:

Anyhooo...my qn is - "Has anyone tried this option of Send to Car with the new C"? If yes, what is the email id that I need to put in Google / Yahoo maps? Is it the email ID that we registered for Tele-Aid?

Thanks in advance!

Yes it does work. I had the same problem as well when I first got the car and the teleaid folks said the same thing to me. I told my salesguy about it and he spoke to corporate and a few days later it was working as advertised. Your email that you signed up for is the correct email address to use. Pester your salesguy about it.

Savage c-300 01-12-2008 08:31 PM

those sales people sound soo shady! whats wrong with them?!

emps 01-12-2008 10:10 PM

Not really the salesguy being shady, its the teleaid folks that don't know what's going on.

ni2mi2 01-16-2008 05:04 PM

Just got off the phone with Tele-Aid customer support. They mentioned that the equipment in the car that can work for "Search and Send" feature are of the type LCT2 and LCT5 - I have no idea as to what these are!!

He mentioned that the one on my car is a LCT4 and that CANNOT get updates for "Search and Send"!!! :wtf::wtf:

Can anyone help me on this? Should I report this back to the dealer??

emps 01-16-2008 05:13 PM

Call the dealer. If that's the case make the point that this was an intergral part of why you purchased Teleaid and there should be some sort of reimbursement since this is an advertised feature of the car.

itcrashed 01-16-2008 05:37 PM

I'm guessing LCT refers to the Luxury and Convenience packages. I think one of the packages gives you a "per use" rate and the other is unlimited.

As a new owner, you have a 1 year, free subscription to the Security and Care package - which, according to the website, should give you the "search and send" feature.

Here is the link...

http://www.mbusa.com/navigation/trip...-send/index.do

MBfan21 01-18-2008 11:27 PM

This isn't true. I have the regular TeleAid subscription and I use google search and send. However I think it only lets you send the addresses of businesses. I find it easier to use it through Yahoo. Yes it's the address you signed up with tele aid.

However when I use it, it will spit out directions to old search and send directions I had asked for. I don't like this. So I am having problems with it. It won't give me the latest directions.

itcrashed 04-03-2008 03:00 PM

i had the same problem when i activated my teleaid...

the teleaid csr told me that i needed lct2 or lct5 and my car was equipped with lct4. he said to talk to my dealer.

after getting kicked back to my dealer...and again kicked back to teleaid...i called again...this time the csr from teleaid knew exactly what the problem was...

she explained that when the dealer submits the electronic agreement, they have to specify that your car has navigation. she also explained that lots of dealers are forgetting to do so. once she changed my profile, it worked within minutes!

hope this helps others.