MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   Why do you love the new C Class? (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/229387-why-do-you-love-new-c-class.html)

masterflex164 02-04-2008 09:41 AM

Why do you love the new C Class?

1. in Sports Trim, it looks sexy! Especially when it's barolo red or mars red
2. Merc. finally has incorporated technology, that was much needed in the previous-gen, such as Bluetooth, Better GPS, etc
3. Very spacious
4. Great to drive
5. Giant Panorama sunroof
6. Everybody looks at you! When my dad was test-driving it, a 328xi pulled up next to us. The driver wasn't just staring at the car

What I don't like!
1. BRING OVER THE DIESEL! and give it 4matic, and we'll sign up for it right now!

CarGuru 02-04-2008 01:11 PM

1) Love the new design, the understated but elegant profile and clean lines.

2) I love the way this car drives, and how well it handles, when I test drove it
I felt there was nothing I could throw at it to loose grip, it was safe for
my wife to drive daily in any condition.

3) I love how it feels like it cost $20K more than it did.

What I don't like...

1) The seating is hard and starts fatiguing the lower back on long drives.

2) We have the 3.0L motor and still fuel millage in the 24/ 26 range is in my
opinion dismal.

3) Practical features should be standard, 60/40 split rear seat, memory
seating, rear sunshade, premium sound, HID etc...

-Ryan

Bokx_350 02-04-2008 01:18 PM

I love how those "eyes" light up when I unlock/lock the car.

blastit 02-04-2008 01:40 PM

WOW...where do you start i would have to agree with the comments posted above. For me the design of the car is what got me. When i was online looking at pictures i was hooked. In fact my mind was 97% made up before i went to the dealer. Then when i saw the car at the dealer i bought it on the spot. this is the first time that i have bought a car without even a test drive. i have roughly another 8 weeks to wait for the car. but at least by the time i get it the weather will be nice :y

syrAMG 02-04-2008 02:06 PM

The overall exterior/interior design and comfort.
Feels and drives more like an e-Class except with fewer rear legroom.

The fact that the car comes in 2 different styles, gives more freedom of choice/preference.
basically saying the chances of your next door neighbor having the exact same car in the same color with the same option is less greater then it was for previous C-Class owners.

I love the agressive look for the sports model sharing close resemblance of the big brother CL ; drastically changing designs from the previous model.

I love the fact that for the time being its a head turner :)

Childish///AMG 02-04-2008 02:46 PM

The overall "Design" is top notch:y

Derspeed 02-04-2008 02:55 PM

I like that it came out of nowhere. I was waiting for the 135i, B8, A4 and also considering 3 series BMWs and a few others. They all had huge build-ups and hype. The W204 didn't. Not that I was aware of anyway.

I have always been a huge fan of VW/Audi, but lately their offerings have been disappointing. I have always liked Mercedes vehicles, but never really considered one until my dad bought a W203, in 2006 (now sold due to his fickle wife who has to sample every new car that comes out :slap:). I was waiting for my contenders to arrive at dealerships...zzzzzz, when I noticed MB ads pushing the W203s mid-2007. I thought, a new C might be on its way. I did a search, and saw a picture of the W204. I had a gut feeling like I never had a about a car before. All of the other cars needed this or that or had somethignabout them theat wasn't quite right. The W204 was perfect, although, both are a little short on hp. I don't even care now. The looks, superficial as that may be, peaked my interest and the purchasing process began.

So, I love how the new C Class gives me a good gut feeling. That is hard to beat.

narky 02-04-2008 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by blastit (Post 2635395)
For me the design of the car is what got me. When i was online looking at pictures i was hooked. In fact my mind was 97% made up before i went to the dealer.

Same here.

At first, I was trying to be rational and logical. I was considering buying a new Civic Si with cash for cheap performance thrills or a 335, even with a loan, for the pure performance aspect. And then there were a few more cars that I thought were compromises between those two cars. I was calculating, figuring numbers and trying to find the best price/performance ratio, and all that math. Plus, it had to be manual trans with Black on Black color trim, no matter what car.

And then I saw online a picture of a WHITE w204 with a pano roof. :eek:

Game OVER.

I didn't think that a car's looks could sway me like that. Never considered buying a Mercedes before this car.

red309 02-04-2008 04:49 PM

I was considering a 3 series and almost settled on the new accord but once I saw the C, I was blown away. This car seriously turns heads. The 3 series sedans look soooo outdated now.

norcal5 02-04-2008 04:55 PM

After looking at 328, G37 & Lexus 350IS, I was going to put a deposit on the IS. Then I saw an ad for the new C300 Sport & liked the look. Went to visit MB dealer, saw the car in person, took a test drive and was sold on it.
Besides the AMG look, the car is solidly built. So if MB has fixed the recent quality problems, I should have a car that looks great, drives well, and last awhile.
So far so good.

oblu 02-04-2008 06:23 PM

1. Exterior styling

2. Pano roof

3. Ride / handling compromise

4. Spare tire; seriously after having living with low profile runflats on poor streets, you really appreciate normal tires ... probably a big portion of #3 above.

Everthing else in the car I find insultingly cheap after living with it for awhile. No memory seats, chintzy rattling side mirrors, chintzy knobs, chintzy materials, bottom of class mpg, feels small inside, hard arm rests, weird arm rest opening, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy driving it because the ride/handling is spot on for my commuting. But I won't be buying another or trading up to a C63. I guess I'm just not a "mercedes" person. :nix:

W0n6_3d4n 02-04-2008 06:34 PM

The feeling of older Benz, can't beat that solidness. Love the way it drives too.

430752 02-04-2008 09:26 PM

no. 1: that it fits in my garage. The lexus and bmw didn't (too wide).

otherwise I like the looks and handling.:naughty:

I hate the lack of power and hesitant transmission.:confused:

mac911 02-05-2008 01:49 AM

1 it's a Mercedes-Benz and they "promised" us one

2 the standard features are impressive

3 it's gorgeous

4 the ride is so nice

5 6 7 8 9 all other attributes of car :)

ora12 02-05-2008 10:19 PM

1 it's sexy
2 it handles well
3 its affordable
4 i look hot in it... enough said lol

kfm999 02-05-2008 10:36 PM

1- The exterior styling
2- the star
3- the price is right

But it's slooow.........

I couldn't keep up with an Acura TSX tonight on my way home! 0-40 is sluggish, I had to pretend I didn't try and was on the phone :rolf:

uhear 02-06-2008 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by kfm999 (Post 2638627)
1- The exterior styling
2- the star
3- the price is right

But it's slooow.........

I couldn't keep up with an Acura TSX tonight on my way home! 0-40 is sluggish, I had to pretend I didn't try and was on the phone :rolf:

I think the C350 would fare better - the C300 is NOT a performance car and is only a SPORT model in name and appearance. Just not much GO in a 300. Not many mods to bring in the HP either.

micropower99 02-06-2008 03:41 AM

I don't find the C300 that slow, it's got quite a bit of power in my opinion. Does 0 to 100 (km) in under 8 seconds which isn't bad, but I bet as the years go on there will be alot of upgrades to kick this baby up like theres no tomorrow.

JimPap 02-06-2008 08:11 AM

1. Exterior style
2. Right size
3. Built quality - no squeeks
4. Quiet - very quiet

Derspeed 02-06-2008 10:38 AM

I'd like to see how a C350 would do against a C300 w/ a 6 spd manual. I'll bet that 1 sec difference in 0-60 times would be greatly reduced; probably eliminated.

uhear 02-06-2008 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Derspeed (Post 2639359)
I'd like to see how a C350 would do against a C300 w/ a 6 spd manual. I'll bet that 1 sec difference in 0-60 times would be greatly reduced; probably eliminated.

Perhaps but do not forget that the C350 has the manual shift mode. It would seem that this too might make it a little quicker as well.

It is my experience that you just cannot replace a difference in HP and torque.

Nonetheless they are both GREAT cars to own. I do not think any of us purchased these for their outright speed or quickness. It is the total package that matters.

emps 02-06-2008 02:10 PM

Styling and inexpensive.

Derspeed 02-06-2008 03:27 PM

[QUOTE=uhear;2639396]Perhaps but do not forget that the C350 has the manual shift mode. QUOTE]

I almost mentioned that, but I know everyone w/ the auto has tried it and knows how dreadfully slow the gear changes are. I test drove a C350 and the salesman was going on and on about how great the manual mode is. I tried it and was quite diappointed. It was much more enjoyable to let the car do the shifting. They are both great cars.

Drive a VW with DSG. That's how an auto with manual mode should function.

BTW, what city are you in?

mosquad 02-06-2008 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by micropower99 (Post 2639063)
I don't find the C300 that slow, it's got quite a bit of power in my opinion. Does 0 to 100 (km) in under 8 seconds which isn't bad, but I bet as the years go on there will be alot of upgrades to kick this baby up like theres no tomorrow.

Slow and fast are relative what is fast for you might be slow for someone else and vice-versa... As someone who's not CRAZY about performance, I find it fast too (on paper cause I don't own one yet :))

It's not a performance car (again relatively speaking)... I would say: it's a balanced car in terms of look, performance, price... etc

Krytech 02-06-2008 10:10 PM

I'll simply second what everyone else is saying because I couldn't say it any better.