MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   Just a heads up, (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/229477-just-heads-up.html)

AMGTestDriverNJ 02-05-2008 12:09 AM

Just a heads up,

I was looking at the silver trim today in the C class and noticed already a few scrapes and light scratches in them. At first I couldn't figure out what would cause these types of little scrapes and then I realized it was the buckle of the seatbelt when I would sometimes remove it more hastily and let it swing back into its position it will knock the door panel right where the trim is placed. I looked over on the passenger side trim to see the results were similar. So, just a heads up to all of you with the silver trim. Be aware of how you and your passenger take your seat belts off!

IgorDj 02-05-2008 12:18 AM

where the dorr handle is and the controls to put ur window up or down theres scratch marks, (its plastic there) looks like some one was knawing on them :P

dunn owhat happend :(

chilledbenz 02-05-2008 12:27 AM

I've started to get some scratches near the handle as well, luckily the paint hasn't come off. If it does I would certainly have it brought in and replaced under warranty, I had the seat covers replaced on an old ML after 40k miles because they cracked, it would seem this would fall under the same catagory. Probably just depends on your dealership and how much they want to work with you on it, as it is wear and tear, but sounds more like a flaw than wear and tear.

Kieffer 02-05-2008 10:19 AM

We had the exact same thing happen in our ML. They replaced the interior door's faux aluminum trim strip under warranty. I have a really good dealer, too. The service adviser did kind of hint to me that they'd probably only do it one time. Now that I know that this can happen, I'm more gentle when unbuckling the seat belt.

tanktube67 02-05-2008 11:53 AM

Thanks

chilledbenz 02-05-2008 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Kieffer (Post 2637116)
We had the exact same thing happen in our ML. They replaced the interior door's faux aluminum trim strip under warranty. I have a really good dealer, too. The service adviser did kind of hint to me that they'd probably only do it one time. Now that I know that this can happen, I'm more gentle when unbuckling the seat belt.

Same way when I got my seat covers replaced...they were real nice about it but made sure I got the hint that it was a one time thing. Maybe keep this thread in mind when you go to get rid of the car, if you have lots of scrapes, scratches, or dings in the silver trim, have them replace it before you go to trade it in or sell it.

Benz084 02-05-2008 05:09 PM

Thanks for the heads up.

How about indents in the seat from your wallet?

Lately I've been taking my wallet out before I get in the car. After a few weeks I'm leaving a dent in the seat like I did with my old one. It's driving me nuts.

AMGTestDriverNJ 02-06-2008 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Benz084 (Post 2637977)
Thanks for the heads up.

How about indents in the seat from your wallet?

Lately I've been taking my wallet out before I get in the car. After a few weeks I'm leaving a dent in the seat like I did with my old one. It's driving me nuts.

I have this problem in my CL. The seats seem to take on an impression of my wallet after about a half hour of driving. My solution, that wallet/card holder Mercedes sent me for the C class purchase!! Its flat, it won't protrude nearly as much as a traditional wallet. I never thought I'd find a use for it, but indeed I have! Give it a shot!