MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   2009 C-Class (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/230391-2009-c-class.html)

aparikh1207 02-11-2008 04:13 PM

2009 C-Class

When will we be able to order 09 C-Class. I'm really hoping for some of the missing features, which should have been there like keyless go, memory seats, etc.? Can't wait to get one :zoom:

Also, a couple questions for you guys, can I get the advanced agility package, is the C350 4Matic gonna be available? I live in the US by the way. Thanks a lot

Krytech 02-11-2008 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by aparikh1207 (Post 2648530)
When will we be able to order 09 C-Class. I'm really hoping for some of the missing features, which should have been there like keyless go, memory seats, etc.? Can't wait to get one :zoom:

Not sure but the '08 models didn't go on sale until September '07 so probably close to then. (Maybe it was earlier then Sept, but that's what I recall reading)

MBTex 02-11-2008 04:41 PM

'08's official release in the US was August 7 last year.

Best bet is that the 09's will come out sooner, maybe early summer. You probably won't see much different in the US from the '08 models because MBUSA doesn't want the new C eating into the E Class market, maybe a 350 4matic.

MY2010 I'd expect some changes (more options, hp) in the C Class to coincide with the release of the new E Class.

Jon935 02-11-2008 08:08 PM

2009 C-Class

every single day i have to keep myself from going to the dealership, i want to get a C-class now, but i think it will be such a waste to buy this car without a backup camera, my 2003 infiniti had it, my TSX doesn't, but i wouldn't even consider it a luxury car.... memory seats, and keyless go would be nice, but please MB give me a backup camera in the MY09!!!

aowhaus 02-11-2008 08:23 PM

There probably be very few (if any) changes for 2009.
There new C has been getting great reviews and sales has been very good (though strangely I don't see many on the roads).
Remember that Mercedes model life runs relatively long so new features and improvements will happen very gradually through out its generation to keep its consumer appeal.

aansonsit 02-11-2008 10:33 PM

..................i had all features la!! C350 4Matic C350 4Matic C350 4Matic C350 4Matic C350 4Matic C350 4Matic C350 4Matic C350 4Matic C350 4Matic

I'm Canadian I'm Canadian I'm Canadian I'm Canadian I'm Canadian I'm Canadian.............................

Wahahahahahahahahahahahahaaa)))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))))

CarGuru 02-12-2008 12:42 AM

Just remember every year there will always be something better, if you like the car & want the car just buy the car. Like the others have said no changes for '09 Oh wait just in I read the '09 will have four cameras, three mode hybrid, trunk monkey, upgraded muffler bearing for improved mpg. Duh:slap: I should have waited what was I thinking.

-Ryan

chilledbenz 02-12-2008 01:17 AM

Tough call on when 09's will be available. If I can remember right, the 08 was supposed to go on sale in June but was delayed till the end of August. You can't really go by that though because they were counting on bringing the car out earlier than normal as they stopped production of all 07 C's early to retool the plants. That could mean the 08's will run a bit longer than normal to make up for that. Also depends on models as I've seen new model year cars come in as early as July and as late as December for S classes.

As for the options, I don't think its going to be as long of a list as people on here speculate. They really want to get as much out of each model year as they can as they have a tendency to stretch out there models for quite a few years. Memory seats seems like a no brainer, but I don't see the Active Agility Control ever coming to the states on any C other than the C63. I could be wrong, but I don't see that as an option many of the mainstream buyers of the C would opt for. A C350 4matic is an interesting one, although I talked to a salesman and he claimed they really aren't missing it and with a GLK 350 in the works for this October, car lots will be getting crowded.

CarGuru 02-12-2008 03:01 AM

Also lets remember, the W204 is not only bigger but gained more safety and arguably better build quality over it's W203 predecessor. MB kept the new car at the W203's price point for the United States and thus left a few key accessories out intentionally to keep the cars cost down. The only time I think about not having memory seats, agility control & backup camera is when I log into this web site. There is no reason agility control is needed at least on the C300, with stability control enabled I can't get the car to loose control and I've tried. I mean foot to the floor accelerating flat out on a freeway on-ramp. As soon as the car even thinks it's going to slide or loose foot all of the aids come on and slow the car down.

uhear 02-12-2008 06:14 AM

I have not heard or read of any changes either. But hey it is only a 7 month wait and if you order what you want just add another 3 on top. You should be rollin sometime - well about now, only next year. Just in time for the next mild Ohio Winter.

I agree - if you like it now, go get your honey.

JimPap 02-12-2008 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by CarGuru (Post 2649463)
Just remember every year there will always be something better, if you like the car & want the car just buy the car. Like the others have said no changes for '09 Oh wait just in I read the '09 will have four cameras, three mode hybrid, trunk monkey, upgraded muffler bearing for improved mpg. Duh:slap: I should have waited what was I thinking.

-Ryan

Just gotta have trunk monkey. :rolf:

PoaMike 02-12-2008 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by aansonsit (Post 2649239)
..................i had all features la!! C350 4Matic C350 4Matic C350 4Matic C350 4Matic C350 4Matic C350 4Matic C350 4Matic C350 4Matic C350 4Matic

I'm Canadian I'm Canadian I'm Canadian I'm Canadian I'm Canadian I'm Canadian.............................

Poor Canadains and their speech impediments. (Canada... Americas hat) Lmao, No I dont hate canadains I just wanted to poke fun at this guy.

tanktube67 02-12-2008 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by aparikh1207 (Post 2648530)

Also, a couple questions for you guys, can I get the advanced agility package, is the C350 4Matic gonna be available? I live in the US by the way. Thanks a lot

there will be no changes for 09's
maybe a new color available :eek: :rolf:

QQQ 02-12-2008 01:14 PM

Where is Teleaid?

rb23lb 02-13-2008 03:44 PM

where is your back up cam? ha!

micropower99 02-13-2008 03:53 PM

I would like everyone to know that that guy does not represent us canadians in anyway. In fact he might be slightly retarded. haha

Savage c-300 02-13-2008 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by micropower99 (Post 2652417)
I would like everyone to know that that guy does not represent us canadians in anyway. In fact he might be slightly retarded. haha

hahah its so sad how one person can put a whole country into shame.

wmhjr 02-13-2008 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by CarGuru (Post 2649619)
Also lets remember, the W204 is not only bigger but gained more safety and arguably better build quality over it's W203 predecessor. MB kept the new car at the W203's price point for the United States and thus left a few key accessories out intentionally to keep the cars cost down. The only time I think about not having memory seats, agility control & backup camera is when I log into this web site. There is no reason agility control is needed at least on the C300, with stability control enabled I can't get the car to loose control and I've tried. I mean foot to the floor accelerating flat out on a freeway on-ramp. As soon as the car even thinks it's going to slide or loose foot all of the aids come on and slow the car down.

Well, not having memory seats is a deal killer for many of us - and is frankly criminal in a $40k car. As a tall person with a not so tall wife, the lack of memory seats removes the C from any consideration. Forget about keyless go, etc. But, MB completely missed the boat by deliberately making those options unavailable. If they wanted to maintain the price point, OK - just make those "extra" options at an additional price. Having them not available under any circumstance is about as stupid as it gets.

As for agility control, the main reason the C300 doesn't need it is because there just isn't enough oomph in the engine.

Bottom line is that the new C is a "nice" car, but the lack of some options keep it out of consideration - and the competition is not handicapped in that regard. Honestly, if it had memory seats, there's a 50% chance I'd buy one instead of an E. Now because it doesn't, I'm also considering an M35x. MB could lose $40+ of my money solely because of the lack of memory seats - which probably cost them less than $10.

Krytech 02-13-2008 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Jon935 (Post 2649001)
every single day i have to keep myself from going to the dealership, i want to get a C-class now, but i think it will be such a waste to buy this car without a backup camera, my 2003 infiniti had it, my TSX doesn't, but i wouldn't even consider it a luxury car.... memory seats, and keyless go would be nice, but please MB give me a backup camera in the MY09!!!

You can get a backup camera added to the car from a couple different places right now for about $1000-1500. If MB made that option available, it would probably cost about the same. Get the car now and make the backup camera your first mod! :y

MB-JIM 02-13-2008 04:56 PM

[QUOTE=wmhjr;2652508]Well, not having memory seats is a deal killer for many of us - and is frankly criminal in a $40k car. As a tall person with a not so tall wife, the lack of memory seats removes the C from any consideration. Forget about keyless go, etc. But, MB completely missed the boat by deliberately making those options unavailable. If they wanted to maintain the price point, OK - just make those "extra" options at an additional price. Having them not available under any circumstance is about as stupid as it gets.

As for agility control, the main reason the C300 doesn't need it is because there just isn't enough oomph in the engine.

Bottom line is that the new C is a "nice" car, but the lack of some options keep it out of consideration - and the competition is not handicapped in that regard. Honestly, if it had memory seats, there's a 50% chance I'd buy one instead of an E. Now because it doesn't, I'm also considering an M35x. MB could lose $40+ of my money solely because of the lack of memory seats - which probably cost them less
than $10.[/QUOT

I couldn't agree with you more. As much as I would like a W204, the lack of seat memory will keep me from EVER buying one. I have been the W211 route and have no desire for another. The C Class models are a lot more fun to drive.
The other thing is that I will not go back to an underpowered car. My 08 C350 is the most satisfying car to drive i have ever owned. A C300 is simply out of the question. It makes no sense that MBUSA will prevent us from getting a C350 Luxury mode and seat memory. I know that I can get a C350 Sport but I'm looking for comfort and don't want a low profile staggered wheel setup. MY CLK 430 cured me of low profile tires.

blastit 02-13-2008 05:50 PM

i never really noticed this but does the c350 4matic not come with memory seats?? i must have been so excited to get one of these things that i just did not take notice. this should be a standard feature. as for the teleaid did any of you guys opt to get this?? i dont think there is any use for it.

RLE 02-13-2008 08:05 PM

Tele-what?

[<<Where is Teleaid?>>

Went from free to optional at a high price. Passed.

nyca 02-13-2008 10:40 PM

another vote here for memory seats on the 2009, with seat controls on the door. also a key factor in my buying decision. and it should be a standalone option, not bundled with some $$$ package of other things.

Jon935 02-14-2008 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by Krytech (Post 2652541)
You can get a backup camera added to the car from a couple different places right now for about $1000-1500. If MB made that option available, it would probably cost about the same. Get the car now and make the backup camera your first mod! :y

when i wqs 17 i wasted 2k on upgrades to my first car, when i was 20, i wasted 5k on my second car, when i was 22, i finally got smart and bought and an infiniti with all the options... no need for mods, no need to ruin my resale, and i had all the latest technology... in other words i will never mod another car when all of the competitors have what i want, MB made a big point to have it front and center in a huge movie, and they have it in the Sclass, i cant imagine it not trickling down, just hoping for sooner rather then later

JimPap 02-14-2008 06:11 AM

Looks like you guys are all wanting an E or S class at the price of a C class....which would be a deal that I'd like to have too, but lets be realistic about this. You're getting a hell of a nice car for under $40K. If you want all these extras, shell out another $10K+.