MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   Vinyl man strikes again! (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/234093-vinyl-man-strikes-again.html)

old lefty 03-08-2008 09:35 AM

Vinyl man strikes again!

2 Attachment(s)
Stickered up the chrome bar on the boot lid to compliment tha recently done grill. A half hour well spent I think!!

tanktube67 03-08-2008 10:36 AM

I like it!

angeloxnet 03-08-2008 12:15 PM

how durable is vinyl?
will u have to re-apply after a certain amount of time?

heat, cold? etc making it peel and what not

Savage c-300 03-08-2008 01:24 PM

vinyl is super durable, i dont think you'll ever have to change it out. it can withstand all sorts of weather changes. it looks good! and the great part about it, is if you ever decided you want the chrome back, you just peel off the vinyl! :y

trial0r 03-08-2008 04:21 PM

ive been thinking about doing this for a while. can you take some close ups?

Derspeed 03-08-2008 06:41 PM

I thought of using it for a blacked-out roof on my arctic white.

Kieffer 03-08-2008 09:19 PM

Nice - looks very sinister!

narky 03-09-2008 03:32 AM

Do you mind sharing where you got the materials and how you did it? Looks very nice!

old lefty 03-09-2008 10:01 AM

It's nothing special. If you go to any of the guys that do vehicle graphics just ask for a length of black gloss. I paid £5 for about a metre and I've plenty left. The beauty is that if you make a mistake just try again. make sure the area is clean and dry and you have a very sharp knife or blade and slowly smooth out any air bubbles. My wife's hair dryer came in handy to dispel any moisture and to help the vinyl to stick. I had no previous experience of doing this, so with a bit of patience anyone should be able to do it. If you change your mind you can always remove the stuff and return the car to the orginal form. I've also covered the mirrrors just to leave the line of the leds to show the turn signal.

itcrashed 03-09-2008 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by old lefty (Post 2698744)
It's nothing special. If you go to any of the guys that do vehicle graphics just ask for a length of black gloss. I paid £5 for about a metre and I've plenty left. The beauty is that if you make a mistake just try again. make sure the area is clean and dry and you have a very sharp knife or blade and slowly smooth out any air bubbles. My wife's hair dryer came in handy to dispel any moisture and to help the vinyl to stick. I had no previous experience of doing this, so with a bit of patience anyone should be able to do it. If you change your mind you can always remove the stuff and return the car to the orginal form. I've also covered the mirrrors just to leave the line of the leds to show the turn signal.

i wanna see what your mirrors look like ... please post a pic when you get a chance. thanks bro

@work 03-09-2008 04:22 PM

Thats clean, looks nice.

shaunpaulinc 03-09-2008 04:27 PM

WHERE DO U GET IT ahhhhhhhhhhhhh?

I have been trying all day to find a store that carries this stuff.. Nothing. I dont know any graphic guys... So where can i get it.. ANYONE HELP THIS WAS GOING TO BE MY SUNDAY PROJECT!!!!!!!!!!!! :) LOL

BlackMercBenz 03-09-2008 04:39 PM

+1

So unique!

AkaSigFreak 03-09-2008 07:07 PM

Alot of tuner shops and car audio shops carry the vinyl (they use it for "roll calls" on tuner cars. I used it to make eyebrows on my old car and it was on for years and never pealed or faded. Little tip- You can use 50/50 water and windex in a spray bottle. Lightly mist and it will make it so you can position the vinyl without it sticking. Squeegee out the air bubbles (if any) and your all set.

norcal5 03-09-2008 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by old lefty (Post 2697384)
Stickered up the chrome bar on the boot lid to compliment tha recently done grill. A half hour well spent I think!!

You're giving us some very original mod ideas that does not cost an arm and a leg, Old Lefty :bow:

shaunpaulinc 03-09-2008 10:18 PM

lol

ok lets go see what facial expression I get when I say roll call in the little place that the Japanese cars hang out at.. lol

hyukki 03-10-2008 04:13 AM

I would also like to do this, on my G35.

I got way too much chrome around the windows. I think I'm going to get rid of it.