MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   Found a card holder and pen holder... (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/239557-found-card-holder-pen-holder.html)

itcrashed 04-13-2008 02:18 AM

Found a card holder and pen holder...

...in the glove box. I didn't notice it until now.

Any other things anyone else has found?

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/IMG00137.jpg

mac911 04-13-2008 02:22 AM

My salesman put a pen in my pen holder. That is what they do when you overpay! :)

AkaSigFreak 04-13-2008 11:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
How long have you had your car? You're just noticing that now?
Every time I buy a new car I live in it for the first couple days (playing with everything in it or on it and reading the manual). Nothing like having someone get in your brand new Luxury car saying "what is that?" and you saying "I have no frickin idea". My wife is pissed because I put my Mont Blanc in the pen holder. She called me a frickin idiot. Looks great though:D

QQQ 04-13-2008 11:16 AM

Coin holder on left side of the glove box.

AkaSigFreak 04-13-2008 11:24 AM

It doesn't seem to work except for 2 quarters. Any more or anything else and they fall out when you close the glove box.:shakehead
I like to keep my insurance card and registration in the card holder.

Saks_C350_Sport 04-13-2008 12:02 PM

My salesman showed me those items in the glove box when he showed me that I could heat and cool it. Why would you want to AIR CONDITION your glovebox ??????? hahahahhaaa. Keep your Ipod cOOl ?

shag 04-13-2008 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Saks_C350_Sport (Post 2764179)
My salesman showed me those items in the glove box when he showed me that I could heat and cool it. Why would you want to AIR CONDITION your glovebox ??????? hahahahhaaa. Keep your Ipod cOOl ?

Very handy when you've got a chocolate bar or soft drink in there. Nobody likes a melted Kit Kat...

itcrashed 04-13-2008 01:27 PM

my salesman didn't show me squat...he was shooing me away as quickly as he could. (it was the last day of the quarter, and i was buying the cheapest model in the line, so i kinda understood. those snobby MB salesman lol!)

thatonealex 04-13-2008 06:36 PM

Is it by just turning the AC on or is there a mode you have to put the AC in?

Txhurdle 04-13-2008 06:40 PM

hahahahhaaa. Keep your Ipod cOOl ?

Yes. So an iPod (or any electronics device plugged into the 12V) doesn't overheat.

Hungy 04-13-2008 08:36 PM

Wow, i didn't know that. haha ... i will check it out later.

AkaSigFreak 04-13-2008 09:52 PM

If you look under the top left of the glove box you'll see a slim knob with a white flow indicator. Just turn it when your A/C is on.:y

CzchMex 05-01-2013 03:56 PM

I know I'm resurrecting a really really old thread but I did my searching and this is the best I could find. I figure that there is a pen holder and is that card holder in the center? For two cards?

Also like mentioned earlier the coin holder on the left. If that is what it really is. It only does two quarters on top. Anyone figure out what the rest is for?

xjaymzzx 05-01-2013 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by AkaSigFreak (Post 2764144)
It doesn't seem to work except for 2 quarters. Any more or anything else and they fall out when you close the glove box.:shakehead
I like to keep my insurance card and registration in the card holder.

My dad always told me never to leave anything with your address in your car. In nyc, there was a news story that somebody got their car stolen, they found their address in the car. Used garage door opener, and then robbed their house!! I always put those documents in my wallet :y

YoussefAbe 05-01-2013 05:29 PM

yes i heard about the same story that your'e father told you about. its really scary, but that has to be a professional crook to know that information.

xjaymzzx 05-01-2013 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by YoussefAbe (Post 5632930)
yes i heard about the same story that your'e father told you about. its really scary, but that has to be a professional crook to know that information.

90% of people put their Insurance Card and Registration in their glove box. The insurance card has your address on it. if a car thief steals your car. all they have to do is look in the glove box for the insurance card/any mail. POP there goes where you live. Then juss press garage door opener (which i say alot of people have in their car 24/7). BAM! they get access to your house. Steal your tv and your car in the same night.