MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   My car's order status (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/240088-my-cars-order-status.html)

angeloxnet 04-16-2008 10:56 AM

My car's order status

So I've been waiting since November for my car and Im still waiting, so I finally raised some hell and got an answer.

Walked in on November 23rd 2007- purchased 08 ML350, ordered the c300
told I would get it late Feb.

Nothing in Feb, then told March, then April and now May.
I was never shown an allocation or proof or anything just a verbal "it's coming" and told that "demand was high" and that's why I was waiting.

So after raising a big stink I got a more solid answer and explaination.

My car wasn't ordered until Feb 22, because they said they could not find an earlier allocation due to previous orders earlier then mine.

I got a March build but the factory said they had a parts shortage causing it to be pushed to April (first week)

Now my car is assigned to ship, ETA to Halifax Canada April 23rd. and he said 2 or 3 weeks to my delivery.

That's my story, hopefully i get it soon.... I still am excited but just thought i'd share what happened! much of it is all BS to me, but what can I do? so apprently I will get an "appology" after all this.

MBTex 04-16-2008 11:39 AM

demand is still very high for the 300's. if you ordered some extra options, like P2, MM or the AMG rims that was probably the cause for the delay. the dealer probably could have gotten you an uncommitted base 300 or with P1 earlier.

In the end sounds like you are getting the car you wanted. In the meantime you are driving around in your new ML350 right?

newtonlaw 04-16-2008 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by angeloxnet (Post 2769407)
So I've been waiting since November for my car and Im still waiting, so I finally raised some hell and got an answer.

I was never shown an allocation or proof or anything just a verbal "it's coming" and told that "demand was high" and that's why I was waiting.

My car wasn't ordered until Feb 22, because they said they could not find an earlier allocation due to previous orders earlier then mine.

I got a March build but the factory said they had a parts shortage causing it to be pushed to April (first week)

Now my car is assigned to ship, ETA to Halifax Canada April 23rd. and he said 2 or 3 weeks to my delivery.

That's my story, hopefully i get it soon.... I still am excited but just thought i'd share what happened! much of it is all BS to me, but what can I do? so apprently I will get an "appology" after all this.

I got mine in the Markham dealer. I think what they are telling you is true, at least for the allocation part. they have to line up their orders to be submitted.

Peter_Biz 04-16-2008 12:12 PM

Hang in there.... My story is similar to yours and after 6 months i got it!! :zoom:

narky 04-16-2008 12:50 PM

6 months? :eek: I ordered mine mid-December '07 and was told car would arrive in mid to late January. Then it was delayed twice, and finally delivered on 2/29/08. I was furious over this delay, and here you guys are waiting 6 months!!!

Most of the members on this forum that complain of such outrageous wait times are from Canada. What gives? Any explanations?

drdata 04-16-2008 01:43 PM

I ordered a C300 Luxury (P2, MM, MB-Tex) on Feb 17, 2008 and was quoted delivery of "late April, early May."

Last time I heard from the dealer, (end of March) was the car was in the 15th day of its build cycle and we were on target for "early May". Stopping by there tomorrow for another update.

When ordering in February, they checked to see if an unallocated car with specs we wanted was "on the water". One of the transports was delayed multiple weeks becuase of a broken propeller.

blastit 04-16-2008 03:15 PM

hey bro sorry to hear about your experience. that is bad way for MB to do business with you. all i can say is that the car is worth the wait. and make sure they give you your coffee mugs.

angeloxnet 04-16-2008 06:47 PM

well the real frustration was the lack of communication by the dealer and not the actual wait, if there wasnt a "problem" at the factory it should of been April delivery and not May.

The Sales Manager disregarded my emails and didnt return my calls when i was inquiring, I had to climb the ladder to get answers, but i shouldnt be chasing them...

blastit 04-16-2008 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by angeloxnet (Post 2770217)
well the real frustration was the lack of communication by the dealer and not the actual wait, if there wasnt a "problem" at the factory it should of been April delivery and not May.

The Sales Manager disregarded my emails and didnt return my calls when i was inquiring, I had to climb the ladder to get answers, but i shouldnt be chasing them...

100% correct. you should not have to chase them. and the fact the sales manager did what he did leads me to believe that you should lodge a complaint straight to mercedes head office. do you have any documentation showing when you started your emails??

itcrashed 04-17-2008 12:12 AM

im just really surprised they didnt do what they could to "bump" someone else down the list since you did just buy a car from them. its not often someone comes back to buy another car within the same year. they should have treated you a lot better although it sounds like a similar experience i had. the only difference was that my sales rep kept me abreast of the progress and was completely honest throughout the 5 month wait.

in the end, dont sweat it too much...its definitely worth the wait!

narky 04-17-2008 01:07 AM

Worth the wait or not, I agree with members who have said that you should complain directly to the headquarters. If the ship has sunk and your car went with it, then you say "life sucks" and go on. If the your dealership/sales rep fails to return inquiring calls/emails or fails to be 100% honest in the process, then you say, "this ain't right!" and go complain like hell. Hopefully you didn't erase any of the email correspondences. Written record helps in a complaint.

Rick Hunter 04-17-2008 01:37 AM

Maybe a lesson learned is to have the Dealer sit down and plug through your order on their computer when you order the car. That way you can see that they have secured your spot in the lineup.

That's what happened with me. I went to the dealers 9/21/07. They sat me down, and showed me the computer screen with allocation detail and cars they could grab to finalize the details / packages / colours. He picked out the 10/10/07 production date for me and that was it. Car came in and I picked it up on 11/15/07.

jackass 04-17-2008 01:55 AM

I'd have to say I'm very luck to get my C300 this soon... I placed my order on March 16 for the C230 and the very next day changed my order to a C300.. Got my car on April 11. Woot~~!! :D

angeloxnet 04-17-2008 02:02 AM

thanks for all the responses and advice,
I did "complain" and took it to the top, I don't really want to say who i contacted but this is how i finally got the details of what happened.

It went beyond Mercedes Canada, and all the way to Germany (daimler) and all my emails we're CC'd down the line eventually to the dealer I went to.

But ya I can't wait, this is actually the 3rd car from the dealer. so yes i agree u'd think they'd at least answer my calls and emails..

I'll keep u all posted!

angeloxnet 04-27-2008 08:43 PM

Still waiting, car was in halifax on the 23rd

anyone know how long it would be until it reaches my dealer? In Mississauga

itcrashed 04-27-2008 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by angeloxnet (Post 2791812)
Still waiting, car was in halifax on the 23rd

anyone know how long it would be until it reaches my dealer? In Mississauga

It's finally here, aye! I'd say it hits the dealership on the 30th.

newtonlaw 04-27-2008 10:02 PM

i ordered Begining or Dec07 and got my car End of Feb

DD2008 05-04-2008 08:50 PM

Car Delivery

Originally Posted by angeloxnet (Post 2769407)

Just wondering if you picked up your car. I ordered mine from the Markham dealership and they told me it arrived in Halifax this weekend and I should get it in the next 10 days. Just wanted to see how long it takes after it arrives in Halifax. This waiting is driving me crazy! :crazy:

angeloxnet 05-04-2008 09:00 PM

I was also told 10 days
6 months and counting, every day, hour, second...

I'm still waiting.

itcrashed 05-04-2008 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by angeloxnet (Post 2805187)
I was also told 10 days
6 months and counting, every day, hour, second...

I'm still waiting.

dang i feel your pain...i thought you'd have it by now!
the last few days is the worst.

angeloxnet 05-04-2008 10:17 PM

i'm gonna throw a party when i get it, geez
and take a day off work..
lol, maybe sleep in it..... is that normal?
I'm going on a "post" strike..... the next post i make on this forum is when i get my car!

blastit 05-05-2008 01:28 PM

sleeping in it might be a bit of a stretch :D

but you could definately layback pop in a dvd and just chill :y

angeloxnet 05-09-2008 03:15 PM

car is in concord ontario as of May 9th 2008.
Someone please tell me it will be at my dealer (mississauga) soon!

DD2008 05-10-2008 09:02 PM

Just found out today that my car arrived at the Markham dealership today. I wanted to pick it up on Monday but my sales guy was telling me it still takes a few days after it gets to them. Is this normal?

Angelo, I'm guessing your car is probably at the mississauga dealership as well by now.

Can't wait to pick mine up! :zoom:

itcrashed 05-10-2008 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by DD2008 (Post 2816498)
Just found out today that my car arrived at the Markham dealership today. I wanted to pick it up on Monday but my sales guy was telling me it still takes a few days after it gets to them. Is this normal?

Angelo, I'm guessing your car is probably at the mississauga dealership as well by now.

Can't wait to pick mine up! :zoom:

thats crap...once it gets to them, they should be able to deliver it to you right away!

he probably wanted to wait until the middle of the week since you are a for sure sale, so he can do additional sales during the weekend.