MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   Is grey interior too boring? (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/240515-grey-interior-too-boring.html)

melbourne tim 04-19-2008 08:24 AM

Is grey interior too boring?

I'm getting a Palladium Silver C220 Avantgarde, and I'm considering getting grey leather interior with black . maple trim. My wife, the dealer and many other people say grey is for older people and black is more sporty and classy.

I like grey because for a small interior the lighter colour makes it look more spacious and less claustrophobic than black. Also cooler in our hot climate.

Please share your opinions. Anyone with grey interior who are not happy with it?

V8 AMG 04-19-2008 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by melbourne tim (Post 2775299)
I'm getting a Palladium Silver C220 Avantgarde, and I'm considering getting grey leather interior with black . maple trim. My wife, the dealer and many other people say grey is for older people and black is more sporty and classy.

I like grey because for a small interior the lighter colour makes it look more spacious and less claustrophobic than black. Also cooler in our hot climate.

Please share your opinions. Anyone with grey interior who are not happy with it?

I've also got the grey interior and chose it for the same reason as you.....to break the vast amount of black and make the cabin feel less claustrophobic. It also happens to give the interior a classier and more businesslike look too.
Go for it, you wont regret it !

itcrashed 04-19-2008 09:47 AM

i actually think the opposite to most: the two-tone grey black looks sportier to me than all black.

the grey seats sitting on black floors looks mighty sporty to me....add the leather interior and the stitching adds even more to the sportiness.

i have the grey/black leather interior with pano...man when i open up the pano...it looks like summer inside my car!!! (oh, thats a good thing lol)

the idea behind the pano was to provide an "airy" feeling inside the car...with an all black interior, it might make it look a bit claustrophobic.

in the end, i enjoy my grey/black interior...and have no regrets.

Mark08859 04-19-2008 02:17 PM

I chose the gray/black leather partly for looks and partly so the interior wouldn't be as hot in summer weather. My former Benz was all black leather. The gray mixed with the black looks good, IMHO.

Derspeed 04-19-2008 02:23 PM

I chose black because I didn't like the grey on the lower dash. It would be nice if just the seats and door inserts were lighter like the Saks Edition.

ManchesterMerc 04-19-2008 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Derspeed (Post 2775693)
I chose black because I didn't like the grey on the lower dash. It would be nice if just the seats and door inserts were lighter like the Saks Edition.

+1:y

benggolf 04-19-2008 07:40 PM

I chose grey/black interior with Palladium Silver for all the previous reasons stated. Also the black birdseye maple trim looks better and stands out with the black/grey combination.

The lighter color interior makes the cabin look more spacious and airy. :y

melbourne tim 04-19-2008 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by benggolf (Post 2776195)
I chose grey/black interior with Palladium Silver for all the previous reasons stated. Also the black birdseye maple trim looks better and stands out with the black/grey combination.

The lighter color interior makes the cabin look more spacious and airy. :y

I like your combination! Ok I hope it's not too late to change. The car is scheduled to be made either last week or this week... hopefully its this coming week!

mac911 04-19-2008 10:19 PM

At first I thought I preferred the grey, but later I changed to liking all black more. However, they both look good.

aowhaus 04-19-2008 11:23 PM

I have the black interior because it looks really stealthy and sporty, but I could see how people may not like it because everything is black, including the headliner, which makes it feel very dark and more closed in.
The gray interior does brighten the interior a lot as the seats, lower dash and door panels and the headliner are in light gray.

I really like the tan interior if I had to go with a lighter interior, however it's only avilable on the luxury models.
Another color I really like it the cognac interior, but it's not available here in the U.S. It's very rich looking and unique.

chilledbenz 04-20-2008 12:33 AM

Is the Avantgarde package the same as the U.S. Luxury model? Reason I ask is the grey interior in the Luxury is all gray and looks really boring. The Sport model has a two tone black and gray, which I got in my car and I like it a lot better than the solid black. I have Macadamia in my R class..not by choice..because I used to hate the color, but now its grown on me to the point where I would consider getting Macadamia over Gray.

melbourne tim 04-20-2008 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by chilledbenz (Post 2776593)
Is the Avantgarde package the same as the U.S. Luxury model? Reason I ask is the grey interior in the Luxury is all gray and looks really boring. The Sport model has a two tone black and gray, which I got in my car and I like it a lot better than the solid black. I have Macadamia in my R class..not by choice..because I used to hate the color, but now its grown on me to the point where I would consider getting Macadamia over Gray.

The Avantgarde is equivalent to the sport model. There will be black upper dashboard and door moulding, but grey headliner. There is a choice of black maple or metal trim.

Macadamia.... sounds interesting. Another colour I like is the Cognac, which I would have gotten if I got the black exterior. However I got the Palladium Silver and this doesn't go well with the Cognac.

norcal5 04-20-2008 02:23 AM

My 300C is Palladium Grey & two tone grey/black interior. I picked the grey /black as it is more unique than an all black; make the car look more airy and is cooler in summer.

I am happy with my choice. Good luck with yours.

narky 04-20-2008 03:15 AM

Black will stay cleaner longer, no? Not a concern?

aowhaus 04-20-2008 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by narky (Post 2776718)
Black will stay cleaner longer, no? Not a concern?

I have a white shedding dog and it is fairly dusty where I live so it does show dirt and hair.

tmehanna 04-20-2008 05:36 PM

I for one think the gray leather interior is VERY cheap looking, specially with the gray glove compartment. Why not cognac brown if you're going with leather?

melbourne tim 04-20-2008 05:51 PM

tmehanna,

I love the Cognac and see that that's what you have on your picture. Unfortunately it doesnt go well with the Palladium Silver, and the MB colour combination lists the combination as "not recommended". Its a pity. I like the Palladium too much to change that!

tmehanna 04-20-2008 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by melbourne tim (Post 2777473)
tmehanna,

I love the Cognac and see that that's what you have on your picture. Unfortunately it doesnt go well with the Palladium Silver, and the MB colour combination lists the combination as "not recommended". Its a pity. I like the Palladium too much to change that!

Actually I have tenorite gray with the cognac, also listed as "NOT RECOMMENDED" which I find absurd as everyone just loves the combination. I have seen brown with most colors including P. Silver and it goes well with all of them and is by far the classiest IMHO.

inactiveuser1019 04-20-2008 06:08 PM

My Iridium Silver C300's interior is grey with black, with real leather seats that bring much nicer door panels. I still like this color scheme after 6 months. Black interior always looks dusty, and was too dark for my taste.

Pierre

DNJ 04-20-2008 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by melbourne tim (Post 2775299)

I would go for the grey if I were you.

chilledbenz 04-20-2008 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by melbourne tim (Post 2776619)
The Avantgarde is equivalent to the sport model. There will be black upper dashboard and door moulding, but grey headliner. There is a choice of black maple or metal trim.

Macadamia.... sounds interesting. Another colour I like is the Cognac, which I would have gotten if I got the black exterior. However I got the Palladium Silver and this doesn't go well with the Cognac.

Ok so Avantgarde is Sport..man that gets confusing..ha ha...but if Cognac is available to you in your market thats a no brainer. I love the pictures I've seen of the Cognac, specially if you can get black maple trim...oh damn! :y

schvamf 04-20-2008 08:26 PM

I have the grey interior and am happy with it, it also doesn't get as hot inside when the car's been in the sun all day.

melbourne tim 04-20-2008 10:49 PM

TOO LATE!!!

My car has been built, so I am stuck with the black interior. I don't mind, but after all your input I would have preferred grey, or maybe Cognac. Never mind....... maybe sell this one and get a C63AMG! (Just kidding)

chilledbenz 04-20-2008 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by melbourne tim (Post 2778021)
TOO LATE!!!

My car has been built, so I am stuck with the black interior. I don't mind, but after all your input I would have preferred grey, or maybe Cognac. Never mind....... maybe sell this one and get a C63AMG! (Just kidding)

Well you don't have to take the car, just place an order for a different one. I don't imagine there's much of a wait list for this car now like when most of us placed orders at the end of last year.

mac911 04-21-2008 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by melbourne tim (Post 2778021)
TOO LATE!!!

I'm sure you'll really like the black. It's very sporty.