MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   IPOD Kit can display Chinese ? (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/241340-ipod-kit-can-display-chinese.html)

rs1985 04-24-2008 06:20 AM

IPOD Kit can display Chinese ?

I am wondering
with the monitor on the cockpit
it turns into blocks
if i have a navi monitor
would it display chinese ?

kimidjk 04-24-2008 12:07 PM

nope
Ipod kid let u display only japanese at the tachmeter info screen. non of the asian language is displayed at nav screen they all become block as u mentioned
but I heard since now they are using the harddrive based nav and all that they can have other languages displayed at nav screen. I've heard c class in korea has full korean version of operating system

spotless 04-24-2008 11:15 PM

sometimes even japanese shows up as blocks. this is really annoying.

fibbi 04-26-2008 04:12 AM

I want to know that too. I don't have Navigation but wonder if the center display can show chinese character via Ipod kit. If it can't I'll just stick to the auxilary input then...

rs1985 04-26-2008 08:56 AM

the aux is in the glove box
is really weird
how do you close it properly
it really weird how it jsut comes out of the glove box

Alsocute 04-26-2008 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by rs1985 (Post 2785165)
I am wondering
with the monitor on the cockpit
it turns into blocks
if i have a navi monitor
would it display chinese ?

Not too sure what do you refer to the Navi Monitor. If you are refer to the Command APS screen, (Not the one inside the Speedometer), then it can display chinese character. However, I am not too sure whether it can pick up anything from the ipod kit though.

I have some MP3 which the tracks name are in chinese, and I can display them in the multimedia screen. (Both traditional and simplified).

Regards
Alsocute

itcrashed 04-26-2008 11:49 PM

my navigation display shows japanese characters without any problem. but they show up as blocks in the instrument cluster.

rs1985 04-28-2008 12:59 PM

so any chinese manage to try the ipod kit with the navigation screen?????

kfm999 04-28-2008 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by rs1985 (Post 2792967)
so any chinese manage to try the ipod kit with the navigation screen?????

the thing is Ipod info does not show on the Nav screen, it ONLY shows in the instrument cluster and it cannot show Chinese.

I'd suggest not getting the Ipod kit as the PCMCIA slot utilize the Nav screen and it can show anything and is easier to navigate

I hardly use the Ipod in my car anymore - it crashes every other day for me

rs1985 04-28-2008 09:36 PM

can you explain more about the PCIMA or sth slot a bit more ?
so I can display chinese ?
what kinda format does it support ?
does it support folders ?

Alsocute 04-29-2008 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by rs1985 (Post 2794275)
can you explain more about the PCIMA or sth slot a bit more ?
so I can display chinese ?
what kinda format does it support ?
does it support folders ?

Yes,it can display chinese, and the PCMCIA slot will host any memory card with the appropriate card reader/adapter. It support folders as well as format like MP3, and WMA.

I currently have a 4GB compact flash memory card with a PCMCIA adapter into the PCMCIA slot, and can display any Chinese, (both traditional and simplified) on the NAV/Multimedia screen.

rs1985 04-29-2008 04:54 AM

i heard a lot of bad reviews for the slot
how do u like it ?

Alsocute 04-29-2008 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by rs1985 (Post 2794730)
i heard a lot of bad reviews for the slot
how do u like it ?

Hi mate:

I've only have the car for about 6 weeks. Been using it since the first week. Wouldn't say it's bad at all. In fact, quite the opposite, people probably think why MB put a PCMCIA slot there instead of USB, or other media format card reader.

But as for myself, I think it works just fine, and I would not comment anything bad on it.
The memory card is always in the slot and it fits in so neatly that I don't think anyone notice there is a card located there.

webada 04-29-2008 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Alsocute (Post 2794839)
Hi mate:

I've only have the car for about 6 weeks. Been using it since the first week. Wouldn't say it's bad at all. In fact, quite the opposite, people probably think why MB put a PCMCIA slot there instead of USB, or other media format card reader.

because its the most versatile and streamline the design. PCMCIA adapter exists for most of the major flash types (CF, MS, MMC/SD..) While usb port might make the most sense but it will have a something sticking out of the console, not cool.