MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   Maybe hope for those looking to get a C wagon (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/241647-maybe-hope-those-looking-get-c-wagon.html)

foofighter 04-26-2008 02:05 AM

Maybe hope for those looking to get a C wagon

We were going northbound on 405 tonight just passing the Irvine Spectrum when we spotted this wagon that was de-badged sporting Michigan "Manufacturer" plate. Noticed right away that it was the new C class wagon. Pulled out the trusted T-Mobile Curve and snapped a couple of pics...these drivers have a knack of knowing when you're stalking because the guy was going at a good clip and then when we tried to slow down and let him catch up he stayed behind us for a bit.

sorry for the so-so pics but you get the idea...there's hope for those looking at wagon options

http://images33.fotki.com/v1142/phot...MG00150-vi.jpg

http://images34.fotki.com/v1150/phot...MG00151-vi.jpg

Andr3an 04-26-2008 02:24 AM

nice....

tommy25000 04-26-2008 09:48 AM

Nice work man, always fun to see them before we are suppose to:y

evanswan 04-26-2008 10:30 AM

me too

I saw the same one on Wednesday on the 5 by San Clemente. looked very nice

foofighter 04-26-2008 10:56 AM

i bet they're doing emissions testing...im most impressed by how good the pic came out from a dam camera phone LOL

Kieffer 04-26-2008 11:28 AM

I really hope they bring this over. My C350 lease is up in 20 months and I'd put down a deposit now. It's exactly what I need, having only one child - a 70 pound German Shepherd who is forbidden to ride in the backseat of the C350 sedan.

jrct9454 04-26-2008 02:53 PM

All I can say is, "I sure hope so"....I had given up on MBUSA offering the W204 wagon here, as they were making noises that the GLK was all the soup we were entitled to. Now, the question is, can we hope for the diesel in the wagon body?

And yeah, good work with the quick camera action....

chilledbenz 04-26-2008 02:54 PM

Theres always hope with Benz..they never do anything logically. That said I wouldn't get your hopes up too much, I live near an automobile plant (not Benz) and they do quite a bit of testing with all sorts of models. This could be the case with the wagon you caught, they may just be testing a new engine or drivetrain and it was inside a wagon test mule, so instead of pulling it out they just shipped the whole car over. :nix: Keep in mind the GLK is set to debut here soon, I'm still on the side that a GLK and C Estate would over lap too much.

Germancar1 04-26-2008 05:41 PM

Interesting. Having a C Wagon and the GLK is no different from the ML and the E Wagon so they might do it.

M

chilledbenz 04-26-2008 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Germancar1 (Post 2790319)
Interesting. Having a C Wagon and the GLK is no different from the ML and the E Wagon so they might do it.

M

Um...actually it is. The ML and E are two different cars/trucks all together. One being a actual truck sitting high off the ground giving more ground clearance and offering towing setups, the other being a station wagon/car being lower to the ground and offering a traditional car ride. The GLK and C class are essentially the same minus the sheet metal. If the GLK is to be compared with an Estate wagon they will have the similar ground clearance (assuming you compare it with the GLK Sport, there will be an off road version but don't expect a huge difference in ground clearance), similar interior room, same engine/drive setup, they are both built on the same "frame", there are too many over lapping points. From a consumer stand point it would be great to have three versions (GLK Off Road, GLK Sport, C Estate) to chose from, but from a marketing stand point its bad business to have three cars competing for the same segment, your going to lose money.

foofighter 04-26-2008 11:11 PM

im hoping that it not the case of this is the soup you're getting (GLK) and that's it. Why not capture as much of the market as possible? I'm sure toyota has a few overlapping models but they still do because not everyone will want a cute ute and vice versa.

My other option will be a mazdaspeed3 since i just read that the new mazda 6 wagon will not be sold here in the states either.

James@Creative 04-27-2008 01:30 PM

Duan! what up brother, how you doing!

foofighter 06-18-2008 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by James@Creative (Post 2791209)
Duan! what up brother, how you doing!

fine fine james! what you been up to i see you're still doing well!

foofighter 07-27-2009 01:05 AM

bumping this because last week i saw another one going northbound on 73 toll road at el toro followed by a black ML w/ a camera boom following a C class wagon. filming a commercial i presume pretty cool sight.

MB300AMG 07-27-2009 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by tommy25000 (Post 2789805)
Nice work man, always fun to see them before we are suppose to:y

Dude I love your signature pic!

Back on topic...

Hopefully they'll release it for the 2011 model year!