MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   Sat radio dropping signal (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/241870-sat-radio-dropping-signal.html)

zakklp 04-27-2008 10:52 PM

Sat radio dropping signal

Anyone else have problems lately with the sat signal lost,out in the open with nothing to block the signal?:nix:

itcrashed 04-27-2008 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by zakklp (Post 2792080)
Anyone else have problems lately with the sat signal lost,out in the open with nothing to block the signal?:nix:

heh...i thought i was the only one. just started happening mid last week...and whenever i go underneath an overpass...it takes a bit longer to reacquire the signal than previous weeks.

Stick Girl 04-27-2008 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by zakklp (Post 2792080)

Yep, very intermittent for the last few days. Wonder what's up? Maybe there was some type of atmospheric event?

AZBenz123 04-28-2008 01:28 AM

I have the same problem. Also, the sounds quality of the Sat radio is really bad...the regular FM radio sounds better. Anyone else notice this???

norcal5 04-28-2008 02:11 AM

Sound quality has been consistent for me, but I do notice signal gets dropped in the open quite often the last 2 weeks.

benggolf 04-28-2008 04:59 AM

I noticed dropped signals a couple of times yesterday. In one instance, I was just under a tree waiting for the lights to go green. Go figure. :nix:

ColoradoDriver 04-28-2008 05:49 AM

It seems like the drops are on certain stations only. Noted it most on Gold Hits.:smash:

Stick Girl 04-28-2008 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by ColoradoDriver (Post 2792416)
It seems like the drops are on certain stations only. Noted it most on Gold Hits.:smash:

I don't know about that. Every station I listen to (Reggae, Blues, Radio Disney :D ) has been dropping out.

Baron Samedi 04-28-2008 02:53 PM

Been happening to me as well. Out in the open. Judging by everyone's location, it doesn't appear to be a regional thing.

zakklp 04-28-2008 07:50 PM

Must be something with the satellites. It worked great all winter.:nix:

kevin1446 04-28-2008 08:21 PM

I have the same problem in New York.

I contacted Sirius this afternoon,twice and they said I should take the car to Benz. I have had the auto for 6 months with no problem. This problem of dropped signal has been happening more often the past week or so. I also see the problem with the oldies station. I also have a problem with phone calls. I can receive calls and the clarity is perfect but people say my voice breaks up at times and I have to repeat myself. Has anyone else seen this problem? I live on Long Island and not in the wilderness. Other people might want to call Sirius because I really think the problem is on their end but they are not admitting it or just don't have a clue.

chilledbenz 04-28-2008 09:21 PM

I've experienced the drop of signal in both my new R and new C. I'm really disappointed with sat radio and glad I'm not paying for it. I won't be purchasing it when my free six months are up. Everything from poor sound quality (sounds like mono am on occation) to losing the signal (happened a few times but now more frequently). Not to mention their claim of being commercial free is false, I have to listen to them advertise who's guest hosting on another channel and that I should go online and sign up for contests ect. ect.

schvamf 04-29-2008 10:09 AM

I noticed that once the leaves start growing around by me the signal tends to drop more than in the winter :smash:

KHill 04-29-2008 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by schvamf (Post 2794910)
I noticed that once the leaves start growing around by me the signal tends to drop more than in the winter :smash:

Yup. You need clear LOS (Line of Sight) to the satellites. I've had Sat radio since 2002 and every summer when the trees come out I experience more drop outs if you are not near a teresterial repeater (usually in metro areas like Cleveland and Columbus).

Draz 09-03-2009 09:19 AM

This sat radio really sucks!
I take back roads of Ontario (between Cambridge & Mississauga) to work and in the mornings 90-95% of the way there is no signal (approx 40 min ride), but on my way back on the same roads in the afternoon it never drops out.
So, I'm thinking that I don't have an issue with the hardware on the car, its something with the service.
I will not buy subscription after freebie expires.

aowhaus 09-03-2009 11:45 AM

I thought it was just me too.
Dropped signals started occuring about 2 weeks ago. The signal will drop out for a couple seconds at least every 15 minutes. And this happens on a clear open road.

I think it must be a problem with Sirius' statellites, not our cars.
We should complain to Sirius so they know this is happening.