MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   I'm making a right onto 8th ave from 23rd st (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/243231-im-making-right-onto-8th-ave-23rd-st.html)

AMGTestDriverNJ 05-08-2008 01:36 AM

I'm making a right onto 8th ave from 23rd st

in N.Y.C. Its about 12:30 am or so, and as I reach the first light I look up ahead about 3 lights ahead an SLR comes blazing down 26th street and makes a hard right onto 8th right in front of me. The lights turn and I speed up there to see who the clown is with their rear fog light on in their SLR. So I get up next to it and my girlfriend is in the passenger side. We both look over and the SLR has about 75% tint on the windows. Then it hit me....SWIZZZY!!!! I yelled out my window. He starts to shake his head as if to be like "yuuuuup." He nods to me, I nod to him, and the light turns and we both take off. It was pretty cool, however I was a little upset I wasn't in the 55 I would have liked to have f-d around with the SLR on city streets. Unfortunately I'm sporting PS2 slicks at the moment and I didn't want to take a chance I'd blow a tire in the city. Either way, it was pretty cool and I wanted 2 share it with you guys, wouldn't it be cool if Swizz was somehow on the boards?? haha. :zoom: Good night!

stephensong 05-08-2008 08:41 AM

SWIZZZY????

Hazemonster 05-08-2008 08:48 AM

He's probably talking about Swizz Beats

http://swizzbeatzonline.com/

Derspeed 05-08-2008 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Hazemonster (Post 2811808)
He's probably talking about Swizz Beats

http://swizzbeatzonline.com/

wow.

:shakehead

RLE 05-08-2008 04:07 PM

swizzy?

<<wouldn't it be cool if Swizz was somehow on the boards?? haha. :zoom: Good night!>>

I guess you had to be there.

micropower99 05-08-2008 04:24 PM

What or who is Swizz? lol I'm so confused.

broke_R 05-08-2008 04:35 PM

he is a rapper for all of you old white folks :D

AMGTestDriverNJ 05-08-2008 06:05 PM

I forget I'm not talking to people from the NY/NJ area. He is a famous producer in the hip hop industry. He has produced for the likes of all the Ruff Ryders which includes DMX and others. He also does his own music now and produces for other artists in the industry. He is also know as a big car aficionado and can be found in a lot of those celebrity rides magazines for his collection. It was just cool see the SLR on the road. Maybe you did have to be there. I just figured since I was in the C class and he was driving the SLR that I'd share my experience with you guys.

chilledbenz 05-08-2008 10:40 PM

Lol yeah guess we had to be there...on a side note...I felt the SLR looks much better in pictures, when I finally saw one in person I was let down. Its about the same exact size as a Corvette, just with a wider nose. Plus if you aren't a Benz fan or a fan of cars in general, it comes off as looking like an SL specially if you get the SLR look a like wheels AMG is selling as an option for the SL.

RLE 05-08-2008 11:43 PM

Oh, I see....

<<he is a rapper for all of you old white folks :D>>

Isn't there a fairly large surplus of those guys these days? Of course what with so many of them being in and out of jail all the time, it sort of levels out.

micropower99 05-09-2008 03:04 AM

LOL I listen to rap almost everyday and have never heard of him. Is he a producer for Death Row Records, Roc-A-Fella Records..etc?

Derspeed 05-09-2008 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by broke_R (Post 2812754)
he is a rapper for all of you old white folks :D

Yes, because rap is brand new. It just came out in 1979 with the pioneering Sugar Hill Gang's "Rapper's Delight" which sampled the disco song "Good Times" by Chic.

Or, was it when Grand Master Flash (Melle Mel) and the Furious five began rapping in clubs in the late 70s? There are many more.

Or, maybe it was in the 80s when Run DMC or UTFO Crew hit. Does anyone remember the Roxanne Wars. Funny!

...90s, Public Enemy.

Seriously, how old do you have to be to not know what rap is? :rolleyes:

Oh...and these days the term rap "music" is an oxymoron.

Sorry for the :rant:

AMGtd, I see your point, it is kinda cool to see a celebrity. I see Lebron occasionally. He lives about 5-10 min away. He has some nice cars.

angeloxnet 05-09-2008 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by micropower99 (Post 2813752)
LOL I listen to rap almost everyday and have never heard of him. Is he a producer for Death Row Records, Roc-A-Fella Records..etc?

I too, was confused by "swizzy"
but i do know "swizz beats".

Swizz Beats is the studio name I believe, its quite famous in the rap industry, just like kanye west, only recently he's become famous in the last couple years but he's been making beats for other artists for a lot longer including pop artists like britney spears. A lil factoid for u all

flexdmc 05-10-2008 12:03 PM

cool

ruffrob 05-10-2008 03:37 PM

It IS cool to know celebrities even close relatives of theirs. I met and am in contact with Shaun Carter's (Jay-Z) mom. What a great lady she is,very worldly in a knowledgable way,and as kind and loving as any human being could be. People normally have these pre-conceived notions about relatives in positions like hers ,and upon meeting the woman,well suffice it to say,if you didn't know, you couldn't tell. But she's shows love to all who have the honor of her presence.