C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

2009 C-Class *COUPE*

Old 05-17-2008, 04:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chilledbenz
Only thing I can think of is its available as a convertible or with v8 power which would make it more expensive. To be accurate the CLK 350 coupe is $10 grand more than a C350, but I still agree with you on it being too expensive for what it is. By the way a new version of the CLK is on its way soon and will be based off the w204 platform.
Well, the truth actually lies in between.

The base price of a CLK350 is 14000 Euro more than a CLC350, which comes out to about $22000 more.
Old 05-17-2008, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2002 C230K, 2013 BMW 328, 2015 BMW X5
This thread has been entertainment. I'm not here to fan the flames of Coupe bashing. I just think it is funny that people who have the w204 chassis don't realize how close the car looks to the new Honda Accord.

People who bought Coupes generally bought it for cargo space. I did.

The fact that the first year got the M111 engine was icing on the cake.

E
Old 05-17-2008, 07:25 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Prices

<<With the 204 being out, the CLC should be put up against the CLK for comparison, and I have yet to find the CLK's justification for being twice as expensive as a CLC.>>

You are failing to grasp MB pricing schemes. For each door you remove, add $10000.
Old 05-17-2008, 07:30 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Coupe styling, if you want to call it that.

The few Coupes I have driven have been service loaners. If you can't sell them......

Some with Pano roof, some not. Interiors in several shades of black, pick your favorite. All were the nasty 4-cylinder model with the flatulent exhaust note. The body shape made me think of a baboon in heat, what with the rear end hiked up in the air that way.

It's really a beginners car.
Old 05-17-2008, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by RLE
The few Coupes I have driven have been service loaners. If you can't sell them......

Some with Pano roof, some not. Interiors in several shades of black, pick your favorite. All were the nasty 4-cylinder model with the flatulent exhaust note. The body shape made me think of a baboon in heat, what with the rear end hiked up in the air that way.

It's really a beginners car.
Another hilarious post.

Quite comical. Most of the dead stock cars are a bit numb. The loaners anyway.

I invite you to drive my Coupe. Not like a M271 loaner.

E
Old 05-18-2008, 01:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 Mercedes C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by emrliquidlife
Another hilarious post.

E
How is it hilerious, its so true. The coupes are ugly. (The rear ends look like they been hit by a semi).
Old 05-18-2008, 03:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 Arctic White C300 Sport 6M
Another hilarious post.

E
I bet it still looks like a cold, dry, hard piece of shat though. Too bad.

And there's already another thread about the w204 looking like the Accord. I disagree. The '02 Camry, perhaps, from the back. But not the new Accord. Nice try though.
Old 05-18-2008, 03:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by narky

And there's already another thread about the w204 looking like the Accord. I disagree. The '02 Camry, perhaps, from the back. But not the new Accord. Nice try though.
I don't know what it is about your personality that requires you to go beyond obnoxious. But no matter.

I gave my input on the looks of the W204 versus the Accord. End of story. I have no need to attempt to convince you of anything. Were I you, I would surely drink any amount of Jim Jones Kool-Aid in order to maintain that my German car bore no resemblence to a lesser import.

E
Old 05-18-2008, 07:48 PM

C350 2008
Don't like it at all, looks cheap and ugly.
Old 05-18-2008, 08:49 PM

2008 Sport C-300, 2003 Accord Coupe V6

I agree, the new Accord looks more like the BMW 5 Series, but no where near W204. Not that i have anything against the Accord, I have an 03 myself.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I don't know what it is about your personality that requires you to go beyond obnoxious. But no matter.

I gave my input on the looks of the W204 versus the Accord. End of story. I have no need to attempt to convince you of anything. Were I you, I would surely drink any amount of Jim Jones Kool-Aid in order to maintain that my German car bore no resemblence to a lesser import.

E
Weren't you the one who started this hissy-fight by claiming that the w204 looks like an Accord? Weren't you doing it only to spite those of us w204 owners who were crappin' all over your car's design?

I have no reason or capacity to be convinced that the C-coupe is anything other than a horrible design mistake by MB. You can't do it. So don't be so hurt because someone thinks your car looks like crap. Talk about being defensive... inferiority complex, anyone? If someone says my car is garbage (my brother does so weekly while pointing out how cheaply this and that are made), I don't get hurt. And were I you, I would never drink any amount of "Jim Jones Kool-Aid", for any reason. End of story. Oops.

Oh, and no C-coupe owner I know bought it for its cargo space; they bought it because it was the cheapest MB.

Good job on the correct usage of the subjunctive form "were I" though. I commend you on your excellent (in this case, at least) grasp of the English grammar. However, the word is spelled resembl"a"nce, not resembl"e"nce, if you really want obnoxious.

... and I think obnoxious is a person who believes that a Honda or a Toyota is a "lesser import" simply because it is made in Japan, not in Germany/South Africa. In fact, I love Hondas/Acuras in general for their mechanical design philosophy (less is more), and hate Toyotas/Lexuses for their absolutely bland personalities. Yet I still respect the latter for their rock-solid reliability.

I bought this car because it's a cool car, not because it's a German car. Take that, you obnoxious snob.

This is fun. Let's keep going. Kinda reminds me of elementary school.

Last edited by narky; 05-19-2008 at 12:26 AM.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Another hilarious post.

E
Oh and one more cheap shot. The fact that you have to spend all that money to make it not "numb" just goes to prove my point that...

eh... let's stop.
Old 05-19-2008, 04:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I am disappointed in the direction of this thread; why are we here arguing about opinions? It is impossible to accomplish anything more than making others aware of your justifications and preferences.

Once we have made our opinions clear, input beyond objective commentary is simply a waste of time and screen space, and without a doubt reflects poorly on its author.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Untertürkheim
I am disappointed in the direction of this thread; why are we here arguing about opinions? It is impossible to accomplish anything more than making others aware of your justifications and preferences.

Once we have made our opinions clear, input beyond objective commentary is simply a waste of time and screen space, and without a doubt reflects poorly on its author.
And your posts passing judgment on the others' waste of time and screen space is a better use of your time?

Stop moralizing from your lofty perch. You're not my father, and as such you have no right or reason to tell me how to best utilize my time. Neither are you a moderator. So until a mod steps in and says, "This inane and asinine discussion is OVER," let us waste as we please. No one's forcing you to read this.

I must, however, admit that this thread is degenerating into a cold, hard, piece of poo, not unlike the ... yeah.

Last edited by narky; 05-19-2008 at 09:07 AM.
Old 05-19-2008, 02:48 PM

Waiting for W204 Facelift
Oh and one more cheap shot. The fact that you have to spend all that money to make it not "numb" just goes to prove my point that...

eh... let's stop.
yeah what is your problem narkosY ? be calm and Listen

What is your 2 door car in the market ? Show us give name and shut up
Old 05-19-2008, 03:05 PM

09 E350

. . . Oh, and no C-coupe owner I know bought it for its cargo space; they bought it because it was the cheapest MB . . .
A couple of thoughts here:

First, I respect the fact you don't like the coupe. It is a free country and car design is emotional -- some people like certain designs and some do not. That's absolutely fine. Look at the never-ending controversy surrounding Chris Bangle. But there's no need for anyone to get rude in terms of expressing opinions. Not just you, but others here too. Why the anger? It's just a car, at the end of the day.

Second, you are aware, aren't you that you also own the cheapest Mercedes currently available in the U.S.? Did you buy it because it was the cheapest, or because it was a manual transmission? It very well could be because it is the only manual sedan Mercedes sells. There's absolutely nothing wrong if you purchased it for either reason, btw.

Third, our household income was about $300k per year when we purchased the W203 C230K coupe. We purchased it because we wanted a practical two door car with flexible cargo room, a manual transmission, either a convertible or very large sunroof, good fuel efficiency (to lessen our dependence on people who do not like us), and a full complement of safety equipment. This was the car that met our requirements, and we have been very pleased with it. Lack of income did not come into play, in other words.

I don't like the 204 coupe becuase it strikes me as a marketing effort not backed by real advancements in engineering, in the sense that MB simply tweaked a 203. The original 203 coupe was a cool car, IMHO, because it combined Mercedes' latest safety and chassis engineering into a compact, fun to drive, practical and safe car. The 204 is a better car, as is always the case when Mercedes introduces a new model, so it would have been cool to see those advancements incorporated into a new coupe.

My opinion is the problem Mercedes had with the coupe has to do with the fact that relative to its peers, i.e., other sporty hatchbacks, it was very expensive, and that because it was a small Benz (the W201 190 series also received significant criticism when it was introduced in the U.S. as the "cheap Benz"), there is a percentage of the public that buys cars for the brand and not the engineering, and is thus too insecure to own the coupe if that is the car that would otherwise serve their needs. When everyone leases, the difference in price between the coupe and the CLK probably was $100 a month or so, so get the more expensive car and impress the neighbors, right? That's the American way, after all.

Last edited by maryjcl; 05-19-2008 at 03:09 PM.
Old 05-19-2008, 03:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by maryjcl

First, I respect the fact you don't like the coupe. It is a free country and car design is emotional -- some people like certain designs and some do not. That's absolutely fine. Look at the never-ending controversy surrounding Chris Bangle. But there's no need for anyone to get rude in terms of expressing opinions. Not just you, but others here too. Why the anger? It's just a car, at the end of the day.

Second, you are aware, aren't you that you also own the cheapest Mercedes currently available in the U.S.? Did you buy it because it was the cheapest, or because it was a manual transmission? It very well could be because it is the only manual sedan Mercedes sells. There's absolutely nothing wrong if you purchased it for either reason, btw.

Third, our household income was about $300k per year when we purchased the W203 C230K coupe. We purchased it because we wanted a practical two door car with flexible cargo room, a manual transmission, either a convertible or very large sunroof, good fuel efficiency (to lessen our dependence on people who do not like us), and a full complement of safety equipment. This was the car that met our requirements, and we have been very pleased with it. Lack of income did not come into play, in other words.

I don't like the 204 coupe becuase it strikes me as a marketing effort not backed by real advancements in engineering, in the sense that MB simply tweaked a 203. The original 203 coupe was a cool car, IMHO, because it combined Mercedes' latest safety and chassis engineering into a compact, fun to drive, practical and safe car. The 204 is a better car, as is always the case when Mercedes introduces a new model, so it would have been cool to see those advancements incorporated into a new coupe.

My opinion is the problem Mercedes had with the coupe has to do with the fact that relative to its peers, i.e., other sporty hatchbacks, it was very expensive, and that because it was a small Benz (the W201 190 series also received significant criticism when it was introduced in the U.S. as the "cheap Benz"), there is a percentage of the public that buys cars for the brand and not the engineering, and is thus too insecure to own the coupe if that is the car that would otherwise serve their needs. When everyone leases, the difference in price between the coupe and the CLK probably was $100 a month or so, so get the more expensive car and impress the neighbors, right? That's the American way, after all.
I would have to agree with everything you just said. Although who the hell is Chris Bangle? haha. But you are right there is way to much anger in this thread over simple opinions.
Old 05-19-2008, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by maryjcl

+1 good review and let me add some info

I am not fun W204 coupe for some reason - maybe 4 doors for my age and this w204 are not built in Germany they are built Brazil and this coupe I think MB Authority set to produce line rapidly not too much think about design maybe thay had no time if you remember 2-3 years before MB authority said that Sportcoupe finished never produce again but Market want it.

So I give you some CLC reviews because this thrad beginner's pic is 2 years before

http://www.autocarmagazine.co.uk/Car...LC-350/232329/

http://www.autocarmagazine.co.uk/Car...-Sport/232450/

http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/tol...cle3812156.ece

http://carsguide.news.com.au/site/re...budget_beater/

http://www.channel4.com/4car/rt/mercedes/clc/21440/2

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/au...cedes_clc.html

http://www.carpoint.com.au/car-review/2928946.aspx

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carrevi...20_cdi_se.html

Old 05-19-2008, 03:27 PM

the most bad-*** C-Class Mercedes ever has built

Businessweek says narky not me

Foollow link

http://www.businessweek.com/lifestyl...429_030893.htm
Old 05-19-2008, 03:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ismeto
Businessweek says narky not me

Foollow link

http://www.businessweek.com/lifestyl...429_030893.htm
what?
Old 05-19-2008, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by micropower99
what?
never mind ... he says bad rear -***- design that I think same since beginning ...... weak rear design not as strong face
Old 05-19-2008, 03:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

And your posts passing judgment on the others' waste of time and screen space is a better use of your time?

Stop moralizing from your lofty perch. You're not my father, and as such you have no right or reason to tell me how to best utilize my time. Neither are you a moderator. So until a mod steps in and says, "This inane and asinine discussion is OVER," let us waste as we please. No one's forcing you to read this.

I must, however, admit that this thread is degenerating into a cold, hard, piece of poo, not unlike the ... yeah.
My post did not "tell" anyone how to use his time. I enjoy this forum, but having been forced to sift through several of your useless posts that declare nothing more than your negative opinion of the coupé. I (and I am sure everyone else) would much rather read new information from you or other posters instead of your repeated antagonism of another member. Just to be clear, no matter how many times you state your opinion, it remains nothing more than just that. People agreeing with you, or you repeating yourself, will not transform your opinion into fact.

Of course I am aware that I have no hard authority here, not being an admin or mod, but that should have nothing to do with appropriate behavior.
Old 05-19-2008, 04:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ismeto
never mind ... he says bad rear -***- design that I think same since beginning ...... weak rear design not as strong face
oooh! haha
Old 05-19-2008, 04:34 PM

2008 Sport C-300, 2003 Accord Coupe V6
I apologize for starting this thread and created all these anger...
Old 05-19-2008, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Devastator187
I apologize for starting this thread and created all these anger...

not anger just have fun with different angle

This thread show us : Need C coupe but real good format better design .

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2009 C-Class *COUPE*