MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   Hello from new member and pics of my ride! (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/245514-hello-new-member-pics-my-ride.html)

The Mercster 05-24-2008 06:12 AM

Hello from new member and pics of my ride!

6 Attachment(s)
Hi everybody :wavey:
Finally got my car, after what appears to have been a very long wait.
So far, enjoying every single moment. What a great car.
I'm in the UK - Yorkshire to be more precise. This V6 is one heck of an engine - diesel mind you, but still wow! It does 100 mph at barely tick-over rpm. Took it (very briefly) to 130 mph without it working a sweat. So far, it's returning an average of 31 mpg, with 70:30 town:open road driving. So not bad at all.
Look forward to share my experiences, mods etc with you guys and learn from you as well.
To start off, here are some pics to share.

ManchesterMerc 05-24-2008 06:38 AM

Hi and welcome to the forum, nice to welcome another Brit.:)
Plenty advice from some knowledgable guys on this site.:bow:

Nice Ride by the way:zoom:

The Mercster 05-24-2008 11:16 AM

Thanks ManchesterMerc. We are pratically neighbours! Manu fan by any chance?
I am enjoying the ride, but can't say I'm enjoying filling it up. Just cost me £80 to fill up my tank to the brim. That's 160 USD or 100 EUR for a tankful of diesel:crazy:Absurd.

angeloxnet 05-24-2008 11:41 AM

go ManU, love the team except for the pretty boy.... who can't kick penalties, i'm sure you know who i mean.

ManchesterMerc 05-24-2008 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by The Mercster (Post 2841361)
Thanks ManchesterMerc. We are pratically neighbours! Manu fan by any chance?
I am enjoying the ride, but can't say I'm enjoying filling it up. Just cost me £80 to fill up my tank to the brim. That's 160 USD or 100 EUR for a tankful of diesel:crazy:Absurd.

Where abouts in Yorkshire are you from?. Not really a football fan but I tend to follow Man City but I do prefer a northern team to win.

Don't understand why we pay 10p a litre more for diesel when most of the rest of europe diesel is cheaper:nix:

ManchesterMerc 05-24-2008 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by angeloxnet (Post 2841380)
go ManU, love the team except for the pretty boy.... who can't kick penalties, i'm sure you know who i mean.

Don't know if you were able to watch the match?. There's no denying he is an excellent player but he showed his arrogance taking that penalty:slap:

angeloxnet 05-24-2008 12:19 PM

ya i saw the match, but during the worldcup on portugal i think he's the ultimate diver/actor ever to play the sport, sure its part of the game but he just over does it.

sure i guess he's good, just not the attitude. but i must admit he has some amazing crosses.

oh ya and congrats on the car! hope you enjoy it!
when my gf moves to london from canada, it's going to be interesting going there and seeing the cars on the "wrong side" :zoom:

ManchesterMerc 05-24-2008 12:27 PM

ya i saw the match, but during the worldcup on portugal i think he's the ultimate diver/actor ever to play the sport, sure its part of the game but he just over does it.
^ I agree with that:y

when my gf moves to london from canada, it's going to be interesting going there and seeing the cars on the "wrong side"
^:nix:..:D

howie 05-24-2008 12:30 PM

dats gangsta

welcome

dragonii 05-24-2008 03:43 PM

Congrats !

Getting mine the 9th June (S204).

Planning on going the Brabus route ? :)

tbenz 05-24-2008 03:51 PM

wish we could get the diesel here in the states, I driven the e-class with the cdi diesel and it runs great

AMGTestDriverNJ 05-24-2008 05:09 PM

Welcome,

would you do me a favor and take a picture of the storage space in your console where the sliding cover is? I'm thinking about doing the conversion but I want to see what type of space is inside of there. Thanks!

The Mercster 05-24-2008 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by dragonii (Post 2841619)
Congrats !

Getting mine the 9th June (S204).

Planning on going the Brabus route ? :)

I know what you're saying - I was already thinking of getting the Brabus performance kit. Having said that, I'm still enjoying the box standard performance of that engine - and the honeymoon period with it is not yet over. The Brabus kit will be deferred until I hit the next mid-life crisis:D

The Mercster 05-24-2008 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by ManchesterMerc (Post 2841418)
Where abouts in Yorkshire are you from?. :

I live close to Queensbury which is officially the highest village in the UK, at 1200 ft above sea level.

Not really a football fan but I tend to follow Man City but I do prefer a northern team to win.:

Same here. But I do have a special affinity for both of the Manchester teams as I spent my university years and early professional life in Manchester.

Don't understand why we pay 10p a litre more for diesel when most of the rest of europe diesel is cheaper:nix:

Tax my friend. Simple as that. Did you know that, even if you were to fill your car up with used cooking oil, you are legally obliged to tell the tax man and pay the fuel duty on that! Blood suckers:X

The Mercster 05-24-2008 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by AMGTestDriverNJ (Post 2841715)
would you do me a favor and take a picture of the storage space in your console where the sliding cover is? I'm thinking about doing the conversion but I want to see what type of space is inside of there. Thanks!

Will do tomorrow when it's day light again.
But is this conversion possible? I suppose you will have to replace the entire centre console + the bit that's attached to the armrest. How much will that cost you roughly?

ManchesterMerc 05-24-2008 05:54 PM

Tax my friend. Simple as that. Did you know that, even if you were to fill your car up with used cooking oil, you are legally obliged to tell the tax man and pay the fuel duty on that! Blood suckers
Originally wasn't it 2p per litre extra on diesel when they reduced road tax on HGV's but now it's 10p:eek:

Queensbury is a lovely part of West Yorks. I do a lot of driving around Halifax,Bradford,Leeds.

AMGTestDriverNJ 05-24-2008 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by The Mercster (Post 2841751)
Will do tomorrow when it's day light again.
But is this conversion possible? I suppose you will have to replace the entire centre console + the bit that's attached to the armrest. How much will that cost you roughly?

Someone did it on MyMBonline forum. It cost approx $300.

The Mercster 05-25-2008 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by ManchesterMerc (Post 2841762)
Originally wasn't it 2p per litre extra on diesel when they reduced road tax on HGV's but now it's 10p:eek:

Yeah something like that. But in the rest of Europe, tax on diesel is lower than than on petrol, making diesel cheaper. So coupled with better mpg out of diesel, you are in a win-win situation. But not in the UK:rolleyes:

Originally Posted by ManchesterMerc (Post 2841762)
Queensbury is a lovely part of West Yorks. I do a lot of driving around Halifax,Bradford,Leeds.

Likewise here - I work in Leeds, but am a regular visitor to Manchester airport. So Queensbury is quite convenient for me.

The Mercster 05-25-2008 04:13 PM

4 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by AMGTestDriverNJ (Post 2841715)

Here you go. Some pics of the centre console storage box.
It is a decent size - approx 2.5 to 3 inches deep as it's deeper towards the back as the console/armrest slopes up. You can fit in a glasses case for example.
I'm sure our other US members will be keen to know how your retrofit goes, as I know a lot of people hate those twin cup-holders.

ismeto 05-25-2008 04:20 PM

Enjoy

I am fun of C320 CDI but it seems it has not AMG Sport Pack. :confused:

it is better with amg sport pack and also like it's face :y

The Mercster 05-25-2008 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by ismeto (Post 2842965)
I am fun of C320 CDI but it seems it has not AMG Sport Pack. :confused:

it is better with amg sport pack and also like it's face :y

It's simple. In the UK, the AMG pack only comes with the Sports model. You cannot have it on the Elegance model.
And I wanted the Elegance for the following main 2 reasons:
Wanted the traditional grill with the 3-pointed star on the bonet.
Wanted cream interior+burr walnut wood, which you can't get with the Sports model.

Now I know that European models, you can order the AMG pack with the Elegance, which I've got to admit would have been my preferred option, if it was available to me. Oh well:nix:

AMGTestDriverNJ 05-25-2008 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by The Mercster (Post 2842953)
Here you go. Some pics of the centre console storage box.
It is a decent size - approx 2.5 to 3 inches deep as it's deeper towards the back as the console/armrest slopes up. You can fit in a glasses case for example.
I'm sure our other US members will be keen to know how your retrofit goes, as I know a lot of people hate those twin cup-holders.

Thanks. Truth of the matter is I DO use the cup holders I just think your setup looks better. From what I understand, for an extra fee, you can purchase an adapter of some sort to make your sliding cover compartment a cup holder as well. Are you in any position to confirm this? If so, do you possibly know how much it costs, or how I can go about getting it? Thanks a lot, your pictures were helpful.

ManchesterMerc 05-25-2008 05:17 PM

The cupholder for the UK model that fits inside the compartment is £20 about $40.

The Mercster 05-25-2008 05:50 PM

AMGTestDriverNJ, yeah for approx £20/$40 you can buy a plastic 'lid' with 2 cup holder holes in it. It fits just inside the box. If you look carefully at the pics, you'll be able to see the grove around the box, where it locks in. The good thing with that set-up is you can still close the sliding cover, when not using the cup holders - making it quite neat.
I can get you the part number if you need. I'm sure any dealer from here will be happy to ship one to you. factor in about £20/$40 extra for shipping costs.

ismeto 05-25-2008 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by The Mercster (Post 2843018)
It's simple. In the UK, the AMG pack only comes with the Sports model. You cannot have it on the Elegance model.
And I wanted the Elegance for the following main 2 reasons:
Wanted the traditional grill with the 3-pointed star on the bonet.
Wanted cream interior+burr walnut wood, which you can't get with the Sports model.

Now I know that European models, you can order the AMG pack with the Elegance, which I've got to admit would have been my preferred option, if it was available to me. Oh well:nix:

I like AMG pack with traditional grill with the 3-pointed star on the bonet :y

I saw here only one C 220 CDI Elegance with AMG sport pack and its price higher than normal elegance and normal sport pack with sport grill

you hear 2010 C320 cdi comes 250 HP :naughty: