MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   Nav Disc on Ebay Soon (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/246364-nav-disc-ebay-soon.html)

Kieffer 05-30-2008 12:30 PM

Nav Disc on Ebay Soon

I'm getting the navigation update DVD today. Look for it on Ebay soon - hoping to get some of my costs back. And I'm very anxious to have my freeway exit (which has been open for 2 years!) on my navigation screen.

schvamf 05-30-2008 12:50 PM

Hopefully it's the original one your talking about ;)

micropower99 05-30-2008 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Kieffer (Post 2855403)
I'm getting the navigation update DVD today. Look for it on Ebay soon - hoping to get some of my costs back. And I'm very anxious to have my freeway exit (which has been open for 2 years!) on my navigation screen.

Did you buy it from the parts department with the part number I supplied? Haha You took my idea of making a copy of it and selling it! lol

micropower99 05-30-2008 05:34 PM

By the way guys, I went to the parts department at my local MB dealer and the Nav DVD update part number I gave you was incorrect. I don't know the correct one but they tried searching the number I got and found nothing. Sorry guys.

Kieffer 05-30-2008 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by micropower99 (Post 2841738)
Has anyone purchased the upgrade dvd for the navi? Supposedly there is one out there with the part number:

BQ 646 0238

Supposedly it's like 200 bucks or something.

Originally Posted by micropower99 (Post 2856157)
By the way guys, I went to the parts department at my local MB dealer and the Nav DVD update part number I gave you was incorrect. I don't know the correct one but they tried searching the number I got and found nothing. Sorry guys.

Your dealer is a moron. I have the DVD right here - with that part number.

C300Man 05-30-2008 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Kieffer (Post 2856662)
Your dealer is a moron. I have the DVD right here - with that part number.

Kieffer,
Can you tell us what kinda of update did it improve with the updated DVD? thank you

Kieffer 05-30-2008 08:58 PM

The only thing I noticed was that the navigation system now knows that there is a "new" freeway exit near my home. If I notice more than just updated map data, I'll definitely post my discoveries this weekend. Visually, everything looks the same.

The dealer said that it take quite a while for the full update to process when you insert this DVD. Mine took over an hour.

Hazemonster 06-01-2008 07:30 PM

so....the part number please?

Kieffer 06-01-2008 07:35 PM

The DVD case has two part numbers, one on top of the other. Here is how they are printed on both the case and the DVD itself:

BQ 6 46 0238
A204 827 37 59

Version 2008
Compatible with:
C-Class (From MY 2008 - 2009)

RLE 06-01-2008 10:15 PM

Update

<<The only thing I noticed was that the navigation system now knows that there is a "new" freeway exit near my home. If I notice more than just updated map data, I'll definitely post my discoveries this weekend. Visually, everything looks the same. >>

There must be a production date (by chassis number) after which this software version is factory installed. Any info on that? I can't believe all C-classes need an update. Mine, delivered last October probably does, but it was built in August.

micropower99 06-02-2008 02:10 AM

Ah so theres 2 numbers:

BQ 6 46 0238
A204 827 37 59

I'll try the A204 number at the dealer tomorrow maybe that'll work.

Kieffer 06-05-2008 03:03 PM

Now that I've had the updated nav software, I have noticed one very subtle difference. My C350 was produced in October 2007. The navigation voice had these horrible inflections on certain words - like everything was phrased as an exaggerated question.

For example, instead of "Turn right in 500 feet," if would be more like "Turn right in 500 FEET????" I noticed that this seems to have been fixed. Unfortunately, there's still no muting or lowering the stereo when the nav voice comes on. I knew that was unlikely, but I was hoping....

So far, that's the only material difference I've noticed other than updated streets.

dalazernet 06-05-2008 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Kieffer (Post 2866718)
Now that I've had the updated nav software, I have noticed one very subtle difference. My C350 was produced in October 2007. The navigation voice had these horrible inflections on certain words - like everything was phrased as an exaggerated question.

For example, instead of "Turn right in 500 feet," if would be more like "Turn right in 500 FEET????" I noticed that this seems to have been fixed. Unfortunately, there's still no muting or lowering the stereo when the nav voice comes on. I knew that was unlikely, but I was hoping....

So far, that's the only material difference I've noticed other than updated streets.

I noticed that inflection and its darn irritating! Makes me question her ability in guiding me to my destination! ;-)

Well thats very promising -- how can we tell what version of the navigation software we are running? My car was born approx 18-20 days ago, so I would have thought that I'd have the latest version but possibly not if this questioning voice has been fixed.

- Eric

Kieffer 06-05-2008 03:37 PM

I'm not sure how you determine this.

Don't get me wrong - the inflection is still there. It just doesn't seem as exaggerated as before. Before, it was almost comical. I wondered who on earth would speak like that, until I remembered how my friends who live in Bremen, Germany speak English with that highly exaggerated inflection.

And GREAT PHOTOS, dalazernet!

itcrashed 06-05-2008 10:55 PM

The inflection drives me nuts too...

I think it would sound a bit more natural if the voice said

"In 500 feet, turn right." instead of "Turn right in 500 feet."

It seems as if that was the intent and at the last minute they decided to flip-flop the directions.

micropower99 06-06-2008 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by itcrashed (Post 2867530)
The inflection drives me nuts too...

I think it would sound a bit more natural if the voice said

"In 500 feet, turn right." instead of "Turn right in 500 feet."

It seems as if that was the intent and at the last minute they decided to flip-flop the directions.

I kinda like it like: "Turn right in 500 feet." cause thats how a normal person would say it if they were giving you directions.? lol

micropower99 06-06-2008 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by Kieffer (Post 2855403)

Any update on the Nav disc and the ebay thing?

Edit: Went again to another MB dealer, no part number like that in the database. So I guess it's only in the MBUSA database?

Hazemonster 06-06-2008 07:49 AM

Unfortunately, there's still no muting or lowering the stereo when the nav voice comes on. I knew that was unlikely, but I was hoping....

I have found that you CAN control the radio volume and the Nav volume independently. When the NAV voice is speaking, you can turn it up to any volume you desire....maybe make it slightly louder than the stereo. It works quite well.

Try it! :y

Kferg7 06-06-2008 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Hazemonster (Post 2867954)
I have found that you CAN control the radio volume and the Nav volume independently. When the NAV voice is speaking, you can turn it up to any volume you desire....maybe make it slightly louder than the stereo. It works quite well.

Try it! :y

You can also hit the mute button when NAV is talking. It will mute then report on the display that routing directions have been muted...

Try it!

Ken

thatonealex 06-06-2008 05:17 PM

The US version doesnt lower the volume of the music when the nav woman talks? Im pretty sure my Euro w204 does.

micropower99 06-10-2008 04:47 PM

So I'm looking at the EPC startek system (That the mercedes Parts department uses) and when looking for the Nav part I see it listed on the system with this part number:

A204 827 36 59

And not the one you supplied:

A204 827 37 59

I'm using the MBUSA Startek Program. It's wierd. :nix: (Saw your ebay post btw and saw that the part number on there was what you said so I'm questioning why it says diff in the MB database. (No wonder my dealer couldnt locate it.)

Any thoughts guys?

Regards,

Daniel

jzchen 11-24-2009 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by micropower99 (Post 2875585)
So I'm looking at the EPC startek system (That the mercedes Parts department uses) and when looking for the Nav part I see it listed on the system with this part number:

A204 827 36 59

And not the one you supplied:

A204 827 37 59

I'm using the MBUSA Startek Program. It's wierd. :nix: (Saw your ebay post btw and saw that the part number on there was what you said so I'm questioning why it says diff in the MB database. (No wonder my dealer couldnt locate it.)

Any thoughts guys?

Regards,

Daniel

The 36 number could mean the original DVD used to load the system. I've always had issues ordering an update for our 2004 Sienna!!! Some dealers would look up the part and it's like $1000, I'm betting for the original DVD that came with it. Have you guys checked navteq.com? Discs are available there...

mrod81 11-24-2009 02:49 PM

I CANT FIND IT ON EBAY POST THE LINK

qwqwerertyty 11-24-2009 03:22 PM

Firstly, our nav is just polite. she says please before everything. so putting the sentence in a semi-question tone is also just her being polite. i guess.. :rolleyes:

Secondly doesn't yours lower the stereo's volume when the nav talks? mine does. It's somewhere in the settings.

My friend got a 09 C recently, which should have the exact nav system as mine, but his tells him "your destination is on your left/right" as he approaches the destination. does yours do that? mine doesn't.
I was guessing its because he has the updated DVD?

hdoolabh 11-25-2009 10:44 AM

maybe we can get a group of folks to purchase this update disc and that way every one here would get a chance to update thier systems and then pass it on to the next.

Would any one be interested.. also would one of the members who purchased it be willing to sell it to this "group".

Let me know an I will deffinatly co-oridinate the pass along, but we need enough people to subscribe and we need everyone to forward on this disc to the next in line .