MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   Would this piss you off? (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/249561-would-piss-you-off.html)

Hazemonster 06-22-2008 07:47 PM

Would this piss you off?

I take great pride in keeping my C300 very clean and safe from other knuckleheads out there. It is garage kept and I always park far away from other drivers...you think your vehicle would be safe in your own garage...right?
So my friend comes over on Saturday and brings his computer and a cardboard box with his Logitech steering wheel and some external hard drives. Since it was drizzling when he pulled up, I allowed him to pull into my garage so his computer wouldn't get wet. Long story short, when it was time to leave, I carried his computer case to his trunk and as I was loading for him, I noticed that he plopped the box right onto the hood of my BENZ!!! WTF???? I could hardly believe my eyes. I was very concerned, but he kind of blew it off saying, "I put it on there lightly". Well, needless to say, I now have about 20-30 very noticeable 6-8" hairline scratches in my clear coat that are in a straight line. WHY would you ever set a box on someone else's $40,000+, 4 month old Mercedes Benz? I can't figure it out. The only thing I can figure is that he would probably have no problem setting the box on his own piece of crap car, so he didn't think it would be a problem to set it on mine. If I even had the SLIGHTEST idea that he would do that, then I would have let him carry his computer into the house in the rain. To prevent his computer from getting drizzled on...I now have a scratched hood.

Yes, I am sure it will come out with some rubbing compound and a buffer, but now I have to take it to this guy that has one, and flip him $10 to do it.

I haven't really complained to the guy except to tell him that I couldn't believe that he would do that...but it really bothers me that someone would even THINK of doing it in the first place. Talk about a major brain fart!!!

Would that make YOU mad?

dalazernet 06-22-2008 07:50 PM

EEK!! That would really piss me off too! Doesn't he know thats what sunroofs are for? I always place items (albeit not heavy) on the sunroof because it is highly unlikely that you'll end up scratching glass.

Good grief - I give you the OK to be pissed off :-)

e1000 06-22-2008 07:51 PM

yes.

benggolf 06-22-2008 08:04 PM

Sorry to hear what happened. Yes, I too will be pissed if someone does the same thing to my car.:smash:

Good thing all my friends know how anal I am when in comes to cars. :rolf:

Azn_C300 06-22-2008 08:26 PM

i'd seriously tear into him for doing that. It's a freaking luxury car and you don't put **** like that on top of it. That's what the floor is for. You should at the very least force him to go with you and take care of any payment needed to fix it. Utterly ridiculous.

trial0r 06-22-2008 08:38 PM

honestly man it would bother me alot but sometimes you have to understand that people just dont "get it" i.e. they dont have the same passion for cars as we share.

at least that was a friend acting *somewhat* within the scope of what you allowed him to do...i park my car in a garage that also serves as the walkway for my apartment complex to our back alley. one day i walked out to discover that one of my neighbors was using the hood of my car to place her garbage bags that she was dragging through the alley to the dumpster. some cans in the back left some pretty deep scratches on my ride. that made me livid.

AkaSigFreak 06-22-2008 08:40 PM

He said ANAL:D
If he's a techno geek grab a drink and place it on his computer. Then tell him "Now you know how I felt!".
Then beat him senseless (just for fun)

cjh. 06-22-2008 08:43 PM

Geezus. You have no idea how mad I would be.
The lack of appreciation people have for cars is ridiculous these days.
I'm sorry for your scratches...I would be VERY angry. :X

benggolf 06-22-2008 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by AkaSigFreak (Post 2898399)
He said ANAL:D
If he's a techno geek grab a drink and place it on his computer. Then tell him "Now you know how I felt!".
Then beat him senseless (just for fun)

Sounds like a great idea! :rolf:

kirax2 06-22-2008 08:53 PM

talk about piss off..

10/31/07 got the 2008 SLK350 PIII, Bix, Airscarf, LoJack, extended warrenty sooo happy
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/5877/image027lo7.jpg
less than 6months later... and under 6000 miles

4/19/08
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/3264/image148uj4.jpg

talk about dumb new driver kid in a Mazda CX7 running red light :crazy::crazy:
wanna shoot him...

itcrashed 06-22-2008 09:16 PM

most defintely i would be pissed.

purefunk 06-22-2008 09:25 PM

Um yeah. A beatdown would have followed. In fact, if someone put a box on my 10 year old jeep, I would have been pissed. Some people just dont get it. But you are right, it will buff out.

joebenz 06-22-2008 10:23 PM

i'd be hella pissed. lucky all my friends know i'm a car guy or are car guys themselves and would never do such a thing

jherbias 06-22-2008 11:01 PM

It doesn't even matter what you drive. The only person who should be putting stuff on YOUR car is YOU. If it's a MB or a beater car, nobody should just dump their stuff on it.

That said, maybe you should "drop" a sledgehammer into his windshield.

RLE 06-22-2008 11:34 PM

The actions of idiots

<<I take great pride in keeping my C300 very clean and safe from other knuckleheads out there. .... I noticed that he plopped the box right onto the hood of my BENZ!!! >>

Take it to a detail shop and give your "friend" the bill.

vnc230 06-23-2008 02:59 AM

hey SLK 350 driver .??? were you okay ???..upside down position would has been very hard for you to get out , rite ???:confused:

j_belll 06-23-2008 05:07 AM

yup.

JimPap 06-23-2008 07:33 AM

There's not much point in getting worked up over it. It'll just make you feel bad about it longer while the brainless excuse for a human goes on oblivious to respecting others and their property.

Only problem is if we exclude every moron from our circle of friends...we might find ourselves without any friends.

Best thing to do is get it buffed out and give him the bill. Make a joke about it. If he says anything, laugh and ask him if certainly he didn't think you should have to pay for it?

Hazemonster 06-23-2008 10:58 AM

thanks for the responses....I was wanting to make sure that I was not alone in feeling teed off!

jgorman13 06-23-2008 11:43 AM

yea i would definitely be pissed off, but i agree with the earlier post about people just not getting it.
None of my friends understand why i clean my car every few days and spend hours working on it all the time. They just get into my car, scuff everything up, play with the radio. Its a bit ridiculous. I think my parents might be the most respectful people when it comes to my car hehe.

C43AMG 06-23-2008 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by trial0r (Post 2898395)
honestly man it would bother me alot but sometimes you have to understand that people just dont "get it" i.e. they dont have the same passion for cars as we share.

Well put :y + 1

mac911 06-23-2008 11:58 AM

Yeah, people don't get it. They just think it's something to wear out or something.

I'd be mad.

However, do you try just like some Scratch X from Meguiars or something with a couple clean cloths? Maybe they are small and insignificant enough that they will come right out for you even.

Derspeed 06-23-2008 11:59 AM

All off my friends know better.

I would be pissed. When the box was removed from the hood was it lifted straight up or slid?

F_Porsche 06-23-2008 12:16 PM

hell yeah! thats why i hate to carry people in my car. but my best friends already that i am very picky about it and try to be careful! but you just can
never be in their minds, sadly :p:

drdata 06-23-2008 12:43 PM

Pissed off well within reason. Don't need to be a car geek to understand that you do NOT put boxes/bags/etc. on hoods (bonnets for you chaps across the pond) or deck lids; or the roof, for that matter.

When we were building our house several years ago, the idiot electrician decided that the new Corian counters in the kitchen would be a fine place to slide around large cardboard boxes of switches...a large chunk of his profit paid for the counter top people to come out and buff the counters.