MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   I'm livid. Pen marks on seats. (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/250012-im-livid-pen-marks-seats.html)

The Mercster 06-26-2008 05:19 AM

I'm livid. Pen marks on seats.

I sometimes have to give colleagues a lift when visiting clients. Yesterday I noticed some red marks made on the passenger seats. It looks like somebody had a red pen in their trouser pockets which poked out and made 4 separate marks on the seats. I wished the pen would have poked into their f****g a**s instead. That would have tought them where to keep their f****g pens. I think I should give whoever is stepping into my car, a full body search beforehand.

Anyways, I've tried to clean the marks with soapy water, and it made little impact. I've got MBTex by the way. Any suggestions of what product or ways to get rid of those hideous pen marks. And oh, I have beige interior. :mad:

trial0r 06-26-2008 05:57 AM

dare i say tide pen? don't take that to the bank though i suggest you get another opinion...

Carsy 06-26-2008 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by The Mercster (Post 2904975)
I sometimes have to give colleagues a lift when visiting clients. Yesterday I noticed some red marks made on the passenger seats. It looks like somebody had a red pen in their trouser pockets which poked out and made 4 separate marks on the seats. I wished the pen would have poked into their f****g a**s instead. That would have tought them where to keep their f****g pens. I think I should give whoever is stepping into my car, a full body search beforehand.

Anyways, I've tried to clean the marks with soapy water, and it made little impact. I've got MBTex by the way. Any suggestions of what product or ways to get rid of those hideous pen marks. And oh, I have beige interior. :mad:

Try a little metholated (alcohol) spirits on a small section first. It should dissolve it.

Mu9enx 06-26-2008 06:34 AM

try meguiars quik out. i don't know if it will take out the pen mark, but it sure as hell works on my carpet and other stains on my interior.

AkaSigFreak 06-26-2008 07:35 AM

I would also say alcohol (not Jack Daniels :naughty:). Put a Very Small amount on a cotton swab (squeeze it to remove excess). Then wipe with a towel with soap and water (wring it out before using so you don't soak the seat). This is how I removed pen marks from the Leather interior in my week old Avalanche when I first bought it. I could have killed them for it (they were lucky it came out).
Good luck

The Mercster 06-26-2008 08:24 AM

Thanks guys. I'll give the alcohol swab treatment a go.

nolabenz 06-26-2008 08:44 AM

I would try WD 40 if it was my car

itcrashed 06-26-2008 09:29 AM

hairspray

Stick Girl 06-26-2008 10:48 AM

Nail polish remover?

AkaSigFreak 06-26-2008 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Stick Girl (Post 2905275)
Nail polish remover?

NO!:eek:
If it has acetone it could destroy the material or at very least turn it white.
NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!

Tomek 06-26-2008 01:02 PM

Use CAT pee.. it helps:naughty:

narky 06-26-2008 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Tomek (Post 2905536)

Refresh my chemistry, please... what is the active ingredient, ammonia?

In any case, :puke:

it'd be easier to just go out to your garage at night when no one's looking and just go at it yourself.

AkaSigFreak 06-26-2008 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Tomek (Post 2905536)

You sick b@st@rd!
Stop extracting urine from your cat- its not a good thing:crazy:

The Mercster 06-26-2008 04:18 PM

I don't have alcohol to hand - would aftershave do instead??

chilledbenz 06-26-2008 04:22 PM

Why not stay on the safe side of things and hit up Walmart or Autozone and pick up some leather cleaner. Yes its MBTex but I use leather cleaner on mine and have so in many of my Benz's for years without any harm done. Don't risk taking the dye out of the material with these other ideas.

The Mercster 06-26-2008 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by chilledbenz (Post 2906046)
Why not stay on the safe side of things and hit up Walmart or Autozone and pick up some leather cleaner. Yes its MBTex but I use leather cleaner on mine and have so in many of my Benz's for years without any harm done. Don't risk taking the dye out of the material with these other ideas.

Makes sense I guess. Not sure though if these products are too mild to remove pen marks. I'll give it a try nonetheless. Cheers.

AkaSigFreak 06-26-2008 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by The Mercster (Post 2906032)
I don't have alcohol to hand - would aftershave do instead??

I wouldn't try it. Too many other chemicals in that. I personally used a cotton swab lightly dipped in Rubbing alcohol to get an ink mark of both my leather interior AND my MB TEX. No damage to either one. It sightly removed the shine off the surface but when you rub you fingers across it- the natural oils from your skin will blend it in. I am also basing this on my experience with approximately 1" worth of ink mark. If its something crazy like a puddle of exploded ink- I wouldn't know where to start.

JimPap 06-26-2008 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by AkaSigFreak (Post 2906110)
.... I am also basing this on my experience with approximately 1" worth of ink mark. If its something crazy like a puddle of exploded ink- I wouldn't know where to start.

That's easy. You'd start at the upholstery shop.

Stick Girl 06-26-2008 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by AkaSigFreak (Post 2905338)
NO!:eek:
If it has acetone it could destroy the material or at very least turn it white.
NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!

OKKKKKKKKKKK :D

I personally use the non-acetone type, but I honestly would have no idea how it would work on car seats. It does wonders removing ink from the inside of a dryer...

451/443=EW 06-26-2008 05:21 PM

Dont mess with your seats buddy, Take your car to a detail shop!!!!
If you put something on your seats and the color runs, you will be sooooo pissed. I used to detail cars and there are plenty of chemicals that may do the trick with out your color bleeding.

Or other wise try some red wine.( just kiddin of course )

9elf S 06-26-2008 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by itcrashed (Post 2905183)
hairspray

That's what I've used for years to take ink marks out of my shirts. It doesn't damage cotton.

AkaSigFreak 06-26-2008 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by 9elf S (Post 2906596)
That's what I've used for years to take ink marks out of my shirts. It doesn't damage cotton.

It works because of the alcohol in it. The only problem using it in the car is you can't throw your seat in the washing machine to get the sticky residue off.:rolleyes:

ohlord 06-26-2008 07:53 PM

Detail shop

??for what you can do yourself?
Wd40 or Goof Off.A small bit on a clean cloth rubbed in the direction of the pen mark,rub lightly till removed.Bigger stain or smudge a moist mr.clean eraser sponge.
ohlord:bow:
if in doubt of how easily it removes ink,take a pen put a line of ink under the corner of the seat and in an unseen spot let it dry and use either of the above products.

nyca 06-26-2008 09:16 PM

http://www.properautocare.com/mawaclpa.html

EmCeeSmith 06-26-2008 09:43 PM

Pine Sol...

Dab a little on a washcloth which is damp with hot water... Presto!

Amazingly, this always works.