C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Mods, LED, side markers, wheels, suspension?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 08:33 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07' S65 Flint Grey/Black Interior all options, C350 SFA Edition DD
Mods, LED, side markers, wheels, suspension?

I own a c350 SFA and I read all these threads and ask myself. Why do people waste money on these types of cars. I understand there is a large aftermarket for a number of cars out there but an MB. I can see a bunch of people redoing RICERS since they all look alike and need something to stand out but MBs don't fall into that category. How fast do you really think all this is going to make your 350. Must be a demographic mentality thing going on. What's really the shame is most people that do this can probably least to afford this stuff but hey...they are cool. I guess it takes people a while to grow up and understand that someday they will look back and say...why did I **** all that money away. Now I can't retire or afford to or please goverment help me out because I was stupid when I was younger.
Old 07-05-2008, 08:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
black c300 sport p1
its a hobby. i'm more than certain i could look at most of your hobbies and immediately dismiss them as a stupid waste of money.

i don't mean that in a confrontational way -- only that i think it really is the defining characteristic of a hobby. they're personal and more often than not "stupid" to others that don't "get it". golf to me, for example, is a pretty big waste of money that i don't "get". i could call it "stupid" but i pick my words a bit more carefully than that and i'm not here to offend people.

Last edited by trial0r; 07-05-2008 at 08:48 PM.
Old 07-05-2008, 08:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 C 300 Sport, '01 SL 500 & '08 Nissan Frontier SE Crew Cab 4WD
First off my C300 is my wifes car so modifying it isn't something I'm interested in, plus she already curbed the right front oem AMG 18" wheel having me wish I just got the cheap-O base model 17" wheels instead. I agree with the OP to a point. The W204 in sport trim comes exactly how I like it from the factory. As a kid I was in love with the 190 2.3 16 cars, and our C300 sport recalls that enthusiasm with low profile rubber, agressive airdam and side-sill and rear diffuser treatment. It handles better than anything else I've driven with four doors to date and I've owned a Passat, Maxima ,Integra GS-R ,Acura TL and then some. The other side of me says the money most people on this forum throw at their C-Class isn't remotly close to the money those guys waste on lifting their full-sized trucks, and other stuff. I think to some people their C-Class is like their dream car and it rewards them to soup it up. I personally would rather buy more chrome for my Harley but to each his own.

-Ryan
Old 07-05-2008, 08:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLK500 SPORT
i don't understand why people love to point the finger at others, man if you don't like to do something then that doesn't mean others don't. Another thing not every one is broke, stop assuming that every time someone does something they are broke/wasting money. i like nothing else but to pull up to another MB and see the same car im driving (non-modded) yeah right its good to be different shows creativity.
Old 07-05-2008, 08:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
X3 and 2012 C coming soon
Wow. Was that necessary? I guess he could stop reading the threads if they bother him so much. He could also use proper puncuation while calling people stupid.

Last edited by Derspeed; 07-05-2008 at 08:50 PM.
Old 07-05-2008, 08:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
E350 Sport/ML350RWD
You are probably one of those heartless people going around telling little children that there is no Santa Clause and that the Easter Bunny got run over by a lawn mower. My advise to you: keep you opinions to yourself (you know what they say about opinions?!). This is an open forum but that doesn't mean you should belittle people who have different hobbies or interests than you.
Old 07-05-2008, 09:42 PM
Almost a Member!

No one on this board loves cars anymore then I do but modding a "C" class or any MB just seems like you are degrading the brand where as most Asian cars have lost their brand a long time ago and all they are good for is driving from A to B.

This is an open forum and I am just passing on my thoughts. If it's too harsh to read then sorry. I am not pointing to anyone specfic. Do what you want. Opinions and hobbies differ. I am intitled to mine as you are to yours. So if you want to bash me that's OK. I won't cry. It's your right.
Old 07-05-2008, 09:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 Mercedes C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by ZippyD
No one on this board loves cars anymore then I do but modding a "C" class or any MB just seems like you are degrading the brand where as most Asian cars have lost their brand a long time ago and all they are good for is driving from A to B.

This is an open forum and I am just passing on my thoughts. If it's too harsh to read then sorry. I am not pointing to anyone specfic. Do what you want. Opinions and hobbies differ. I am intitled to mine as you are to yours. So if you want to bash me that's OK. I won't cry. It's your right.
Your a clown. Obviously we do it cause its a hobby and its fun. Why do people play the xbox? Cause they like to, its fun. Thats just one of many examples. I don't even know why i'm wasting my time replying to you as t=not only does this thread not help other MB owners in anyway its a waste of time and forum space.
Old 07-05-2008, 11:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C300 Sport, BMW 745Li, VW Mk6 Golf TDI
Well, see, not everyone has the same sense of style or taste. This is why Mercedes gives you options to begin with. Problem is, those options are limited or only available in certain countries. Take for instance the side marker. If you're perfectly happy with the orange, kudos. But the original mercedes produced for germany didn't have those. They were put on special for US and Canada. If we wanted to be true to what Mercedes wanted us to have, we'd have to paint or clear them out. Does this make us retards for modifying your idea of a "perfect" vehicle? These are our vehicles, we make them conform to what we feel in our own opinion to be ideal, not the other way around. Even mercedes has pretty much acknowledged that aftermarket work is a good thing by their incorporation of AMG into their fold. AMG was an aftermarket modification company after all.

And as for that comment about growing up and money yada yada yada....I guarantee you that I'm very fiscally responsible, put away plenty for retirement, make plenty of money, and I enjoy working on my car. Making a blanket statement like that shows that you're the one who needs to grow up.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:15 AM
Almost a Member!

I am guessing the age of the responders are about 22-28. Little Boys. Probably Asian big time, Black & some Persian trown in for good measure. I just wanted to see if I could get the responses I thought I would get. I wasn't disappointed. Time for bed children. If you want to kick me off this forum that's fine. I can't stomach the "look what I got for my car today" **** anyways. That's not a hobby that's an identity crisis you all have. I thought this forum would be at a little bit higher intellect level but damn me for thinking again.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C300 Sport, BMW 745Li, VW Mk6 Golf TDI
I am guessing the age of the responders are about 22-28. Little Boys. Probably Asian big time, Black & some Persian trown in for good measure. I just wanted to see if I could get the responses I thought I would get. I wasn't disappointed. Time for bed children. If you want to kick me off this forum that's fine. I can't stomach the "look what I got for my car today" **** anyways. That's not a hobby that's an identity crisis you all have. I thought this forum would be at a little bit higher intellect level but damn me for thinking again.
Older than that, but just by a couple years. Asian, sure, but what does race have to do with anything? Judging by the list you threw out, I'm guessing you're white? hispanic? once again, has nothing to do with anything. Posting to get a rise out of people makes you a child. Sorry son, guess it's your bed time. As for higher intellect, not unless you're a post grad *** laude and have been published.

Anyways, I'll stop feeding the troll.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:24 AM

2016 C400 4Matic
Wow you're not only biased, you're a racist, and an old one obviously.

It's sad that you have kids.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:46 AM

So this guy claims he is older than us yet also claims he has an AMG. Obviously never knew that AMG was an aftermarket company from day 1.

Go along troll.
Old 07-06-2008, 01:10 AM

C350 sport sedan
Guess what, I bought my car and the very next day I took it to the shop and had a bunch of work done to it. Side markers, headlights painted, tints, car audio system (which buy the way I'm getting a completely new system as we speak) front grill painted. I've ordered H&R springs, c63 rear diffuser and iForged wheels. I'm also going to be buying a BBK and painting my roof black. Also some CF side mirrors and whenever a nice front lip comes out, it will be mine . I'm 21 years old, I'm in loan mortguage, I play poker practically proffesionaly and I'm a personal trainer. O ya I forgot to mention I'm strongly invested in the stock market. I'm pretty much set for a long time. By the way I am persian as well. Now what really makes you more angry, all these people making there nice mercedes even nicer or me modding the crap outta my car and still having enough money to do whatever I please? If you say you love cars more then anyone on this forum that's a lie, a true car enthusiast will upgrade his car until he feels it is perfect. That may be in the eye of the beholder so if you feel satisfied with your stock car, good for you. If someone doesn't and they have a passion in upgrading there car because it makes their car even better, why hate? Why drink the hatorade? I know you might be a little to oldschool to understand that but you have to accept it. Are you angry because If I pull up to you in my upgraded benz next to your stock benz, you might look a little embarrased? Maybe your wife or G/F likes my car better? Maybe your single and bitter? I don't know but this is what we love to do so deal with it. Cheers
Old 07-06-2008, 01:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Youngtimer
maybe some people have an actual personality and like to reflect that in their cars. and maybe other people don't. they design cars to appeal to the most average buyer, so they can sell the most units. some people like to make their cars a little more their 'own'. you happen to be extremely average, and apparently bitter enough about it to start threads just to trash talk about it. you can afford an s65, so i'm assuming you could afford a therapist too. you also seem to have some race issues you might want to discuss with the good doctor.
Old 07-06-2008, 01:24 AM

C350 4matic Obsidian Black
higher intellect? Lol... Chill out man... Nobody doesn't agree with you doesn't mean you can be a racist man. You are entitle to have your own opinion but please don't put racial slur in this open forum. Open your eyes old man. Read the newspaper. Watch some tv. Go play some bingo in the senior community center. The world has change. Its a different era. The "Little Boys" are able to have fun doing all these mod. Don't be jealous if you can't. I know its hard for you to still have to ask your parents for money.
Old 07-06-2008, 01:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
15 Mercedes C400, 12 Mercedes C250 coupe
I own a c350 SFA and I read all these threads and ask myself. Why do people waste money on these types of cars. I understand there is a large aftermarket for a number of cars out there but an MB. I can see a bunch of people redoing RICERS since they all look alike and need something to stand out but MBs don't fall into that category. How fast do you really think all this is going to make your 350. Must be a demographic mentality thing going on. What's really the shame is most people that do this can probably least to afford this stuff but hey...they are cool. I guess it takes people a while to grow up and understand that someday they will look back and say...why did I **** all that money away. Now I can't retire or afford to or please goverment help me out because I was stupid when I was younger.
Your very ignorant, it's BECAUSE people on this forum are enthusiast is why they "mod" their cars, there are exceptions on "cheap mods", but for the most part most of us know every part of our vehicles, read up on specs, know the ins and outs and how to "mod", Sure theres ppl with boat loads of money who can buy into the brand, but that richie rich prob will just use and abuse their car where "modders" are the ones putting 8 hours into clean, waxing, maintain their cars.

We aren't "pissing money away" it's a hobby, a passion, a past time
some ppl have golf, some ppl have drinking, some hookers... I love my car, I ain't a "ricer", with that said...

I'm a Mercedes Enthusiast...... What are you?

My $0.2!
Old 07-06-2008, 01:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
15 Mercedes C400, 12 Mercedes C250 coupe
... Probably Asian big time, Black & some Persian trown in for good measure. ....
Wow, If I could spend another $50K i paid for my mercedes and run your prejudice *** over, I would, your ignorant, rude, probably a racist biggot.

Forgive me for stooping to your level, but what exactly are you trying to prove to posting on this forum? Get a life buddy...
Old 07-06-2008, 01:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 Mercedes C300 4Matic
Go to hell you racist *******. Not that it matters but I'm white. This forum is a mix of many races and I'm thankful for that, as I don't care of people's color's but of how they act. And you sir act like a damn fool.
Old 07-06-2008, 01:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 Arctic White C300 Sport 6M
If you want stupid, I'll give you stupid. A few years ago, I bought a used sportbike off a friend for $2000. It was worth around $3500, but it was a homie discount. Since then, I've already spent around $3000 on it, and cosmetically, most would agree that it looks much worse now than it did when I first got it. I only put work into the mechanicals. Now if I were to sell it today, I could probably get $1500 MAX. Where did all that money go?

And back when I entered college in the late 90s (I'm 28 yrs old--right in your target range! ), computers were still relatively expensive. I took my 3 weeks old computer and began overclocking it. I made a stupid mistake, fried the whole thing, and ended up paying $1800 out of my own pocket to replace it. At 17, that was a lot of money. But you know what? As soon as I had finished building my new system, I overclocked it again. Successfully this time. The chip died from overheating about a year and a half later, and I had to buy, once again, a whole new system.

Now, why would I waste money in such stupid ways? Because I wanted to. No other reason. Some people like to ride or play with their toys straight out of the box, and some people like to tweak their toys to their liking. That's just the way it is... If my tweaking ends up wasting a boat load of money, so be it. That's not the point. There's really no need to denounce, berate, or insult others for their hobbies. Not nice.

In any case, I think we should all stop posting here, because honestly, this entire thread is just retarded beyond belief. The OP's posts are some of the most asinine things I've read online. No offense, OP, but you gotta admit, your horribly stereotyping comments don't do so much to prove your "intellect." In addition, even the OP admitted that the only reason he made this thread is to draw responses from us... why give him what he wants? I don't even know why I posted here...
Old 07-06-2008, 02:43 AM

2008 C350
If you don't like mods get your A** off the forums then
Old 07-06-2008, 09:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
E350 Sport/ML350RWD
Thank God they banned his racist, narrow minded, opinionated ***. I'm a white person of German descent and I don't enjoy being exposed to such ignorance. BTW my IQ was 148 according to WAIS (if you even know what that is).
Old 07-06-2008, 10:47 AM

W204
all this back and forth and no one thought to ask what this idiot does for fun? don't worry guys, we'll find him. he'll be the "older", dry as hell, silly looking gentleman driving the bone stock 350 at exactly 55mph with KKK bumper stickers, throwing kittens out the window
Old 07-06-2008, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI

This is an open forum and I am just passing on my thoughts. If it's too harsh to read then sorry. I am not pointing to anyone specfic. Do what you want. Opinions and hobbies differ. I am intitled to mine as you are to yours. So if you want to bash me that's OK. I won't cry. It's your right
^
Old 07-06-2008, 02:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
black c300 sport p1
i'd be embarrassed if my father was banned for being racist on the internet.

my .02

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mods, LED, side markers, wheels, suspension?