MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   Im Tired Of Brake Dust Who Has Changed there Brake PADs what kind to get (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/258806-im-tired-brake-dust-who-has-changed-there-brake-pads-what-kind-get.html)

ATSOBE 08-31-2008 11:46 PM

Im Tired Of Brake Dust Who Has Changed there Brake PADs what kind to get

Tired of cleaning my wheels daily there always so dirty from brake dust.. Who has changed there oem pad to what brand and where you get em. Have you done it yourself is it easy what about the brake pad sensor . Do the pads aftermarket have a whole for the sensor. Are the after market brake pad better than oem pads let me know all your info... I would love to know your thoughts on this thank you all

Flame3g 09-01-2008 12:09 AM

im wondering the samething tired of the dust myself

Stryder04 09-01-2008 12:22 AM

i heard if you put wax on it, that it helps. :nix: but yea like a day after i was my car, my back wheels are filthy.

Azn_C300 09-01-2008 02:12 AM

I did a search a month ago with the assist of Formymercedes and Performance Products reps.....there were no ceramic low dust pads out yet for our vehicle.

AMGfan 09-01-2008 02:16 AM

I switched to Porterfields on my E and I noticed significantly less brake dust...

Azn_C300 09-01-2008 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by AMGfan (Post 3026014)
I switched to Porterfields on my E and I noticed significantly less brake dust...

Just waiting for Porterfield, Axxis, or Akebono to come out with some for the w204 :(

Carsy 09-01-2008 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by ATSOBE (Post 3025881)
Tired of cleaning my wheels daily there always so dirty from brake dust.. Who has changed there oem pad to what brand and where you get em. Have you done it yourself is it easy what about the brake pad sensor . Do the pads aftermarket have a whole for the sensor. Are the after market brake pad better than oem pads let me know all your info... I would love to know your thoughts on this thank you all

I would ask what effect the harder non MB brake pads have on the MB disc rotors. Do they wear the disc faster?. No doubt the MB pads & rotors are matched to give the best result wear & safety wise. I reckon anyone changing pads without a through investigation is going out on a limb.

rb23lb 09-01-2008 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Flame3g (Post 3025900)
im wondering the samething tired of the dust myself

m also very tired of dust, somebody please help with solution!

RLE 09-01-2008 06:24 PM

Pedal pressure

Originally Posted by Carsy (Post 3026058)
I would ask what effect the harder non MB brake pads have on the MB disc rotors. Do they wear the disc faster?. No doubt the MB pads & rotors are matched to give the best result wear & safety wise. I reckon anyone changing pads without a through investigation is going out on a limb.

I think you know the answer to this.

There is another factor which governs pad material other than being non-asbestos.

There is a NHTSA regulation that specifies the maximum amount of pedal pressure required (under test conditions, one assumes) and harder pads will require more pressure. Cars sold in the US must meet that standard whether we like it or not.

Having said that, I too have fitted harder pads in the past to cut down on dust (worked, too) but I found that in wet weather it took longer for the brakes to work because of the wet discs. That's not such a factor with the W204 because of the Adaptive Brakes.

CarGuru 09-01-2008 07:29 PM

I'm sick of it too... We've got the AMG 18" and they are a PITA to keep clean. Wash the car, go drive 20 miles and I've got brake dust. Sometimes washing the car and just rolling back into the garage is enough to throw some dust on to the clean wheel. Slightly off topic, but I've actually not seen or owned a European car that didn't get mad dust on the wheels.

-Ryan

Spec_Davis 09-01-2008 08:50 PM

replace the rears with drill rotors and that will solved the problem.

eyemd 09-02-2008 08:06 PM

I had Axxis Deluxe brake pads on my previous car. Made a HUGE difference in reducing brake dust. I didn't feel any difference in performance and squealed less. Just wish they would come out with them for the W204 already.