C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI
Old 06-16-2015, 01:38 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Steering and Suspension
Print Wikipost

OFFICIAL W204 Lowering Spring Thread - Post Pics of Eibach Pro Kit, H&R Sport and SS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 03:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
LOADED 08' C350 & 14' GLK-350 Diamond White (P1, MM, AMG Pkg, Ln Trkng, Htd Sts, Keylss Go)
OFFICIAL W204 Lowering Spring Thread - Post Pics of Eibach Pro Kit, H&R Sport and SS

I just really need a spot to discuss and compare different types of looks with the 3 different types of lowering springs that are out right now...

I have been searching and clicking for a while, but find it reallly hard to figure out which ones to go with... Still have questions about effecting the stock "smoothness" of the drive and which will look the best and not compromise comfort any..

I am thinking Eibach, because they are not as high as the H&R sports, and not as low as the H&R super sports...

Are Eibachs the best performance wise?

Anybody have any new pics to post of any of the thress or any new comments or if you think its worth it to wait for coil overs and the price difference and performance difference that coil overs will bring?

Thanks for help as always
Old 09-24-2008, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E63
Eibach Springs are a good set for a minimal lowering. They are rated for 1.2" drop all around. Keep in mind that the 1.2" drop is from the non-sport model C, which sits higher then the sport model. I am currently running the H&R Sport springs on my 2008 C350 sport. The spring rate is great and I can barely tell the difference from stock. Unfortunately, the Sports only lowered the car maybe .30-4" in the front and .25" in the rear. It looks better but I wished I put on Super Sports. I am used to a more tucked look and the sport spring height does not really provide the "no-wheel gap" look and I am running 19" wheels.

Bottom line, I would not waist the money on the Eibach springs because you will not see a difference because of your current sport suspension, although I hear they are a bit softer then the H&R. I would go with H&R Sports or Super Sports.

Originally Posted by rb23lb
I just really need a spot to discuss and compare different types of looks with the 3 different types of lowering springs that are out right now...

I have been searching and clicking for a while, but find it reallly hard to figure out which ones to go with... Still have questions about effecting the stock "smoothness" of the drive and which will look the best and not compromise comfort any..

I am thinking Eibach, because they are not as high as the H&R sports, and not as low as the H&R super sports...

Are Eibachs the best performance wise?

Anybody have any new pics to post of any of the thress or any new comments or if you think its worth it to wait for coil overs and the price difference and performance difference that coil overs will bring?

Thanks for help as always
Old 09-24-2008, 05:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C300 Sport, BMW 745Li, VW Mk6 Golf TDI
If you're looking to buy springs, I'm probably gonna be selling my H&R sport springs soon. Getting coilovers soon, so will be parting them out. Only been on for about a month.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:52 PM

2010 E63
Originally Posted by Azn_C300
If you're looking to buy springs, I'm probably gonna be selling my H&R sport springs soon. Getting coilovers soon, so will be parting them out. Only been on for about a month.

What kind of coilovers are you getting?
Old 09-24-2008, 06:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C300 Sport, BMW 745Li, VW Mk6 Golf TDI
Originally Posted by 350driver
What kind of coilovers are you getting?
As of now, it's looking like KW V3, but I'm waiting for my guy to see what kind of special pricing he can get for me on H&Rs.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:02 PM

C350
Eibach pro-kit here, look at my sig. After they settled I have about 1 fingerwidth of wheelgap up front and 1/2 a finger in the back(with 5mm spring pads). Perfect drop for me. Not too low that I'm scraping every speed bump, but I still have to be careful. Performance wise a feel little to no difference in handling. This is with the stock shocks...there are no aftermarket sport shocks available that I know of. I'm sure you can improve handling with aftermarket shocks. Ride comfort is surprisingly similar to the stock sport suspension, but you do feel the big bumps and potholes more. I've used Eibachs on my last car and have been very satisfied both times. Hopefully my stock shocks will last long enough until aftermarket ones are available. we'll see...
Old 09-24-2008, 06:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

LOADED 08' C350 & 14' GLK-350 Diamond White (P1, MM, AMG Pkg, Ln Trkng, Htd Sts, Keylss Go)
Originally Posted by Azn_C300
looking for super sports or eibachs, due to the issue with the regular h &r's not lowering enough...

what are the advantages of coil overs, and why are they so much better (sorry for the ignorant question)? I keep hearing how everybody is waiting so i assume they must be way better of an option?
Old 09-24-2008, 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by eyemd
Eibach pro-kit here, look at my sig. After they settled I have about 1 fingerwidth of wheelgap up front and 1/2 a finger in the back(with 5mm spring pads). Perfect drop for me. Not too low that I'm scraping every speed bump, but I still have to be careful. Performance wise a feel little to no difference in handling. This is with the stock shocks...there are no aftermarket sport shocks available that I know of. I'm sure you can improve handling with aftermarket shocks. Ride comfort is surprisingly similar to the stock sport suspension, but you do feel the big bumps and potholes more. I've used Eibachs on my last car and have been very satisfied both times. Hopefully my stock shocks will last long enough until aftermarket ones are available. we'll see...
sorry for ignorant question, but what to the rear spring pads do?? performance, or looks?
Old 09-24-2008, 06:26 PM

C350
some pics

before - with stock sports suspension

Attached Thumbnails OFFICIAL W204 Lowering Spring Thread - Post Pics of Eibach Pro Kit, H&R Sport and SS-dsc01144s.jpg   OFFICIAL W204 Lowering Spring Thread - Post Pics of Eibach Pro Kit, H&R Sport and SS-dsc01148s.jpg   OFFICIAL W204 Lowering Spring Thread - Post Pics of Eibach Pro Kit, H&R Sport and SS-dsc01150s.jpg  
Old 09-24-2008, 06:32 PM

C350
after pics with 19" rims also, unfortunately I don't have pics with the stock rims

contrary to what others have said, I got about a 1 inch drop all around from the stock sports suspension after they settled, which was very noticeable.

this is my big contribution for today.

Attached Thumbnails OFFICIAL W204 Lowering Spring Thread - Post Pics of Eibach Pro Kit, H&R Sport and SS-dsc01184s.jpg   OFFICIAL W204 Lowering Spring Thread - Post Pics of Eibach Pro Kit, H&R Sport and SS-dsc01186s.jpg   OFFICIAL W204 Lowering Spring Thread - Post Pics of Eibach Pro Kit, H&R Sport and SS-dsc01189s.jpg   OFFICIAL W204 Lowering Spring Thread - Post Pics of Eibach Pro Kit, H&R Sport and SS-dsc01201s.jpg   OFFICIAL W204 Lowering Spring Thread - Post Pics of Eibach Pro Kit, H&R Sport and SS-dsc01207s.jpg  

OFFICIAL W204 Lowering Spring Thread - Post Pics of Eibach Pro Kit, H&R Sport and SS-dsc01208s.jpg  
Old 09-24-2008, 06:39 PM

C350
sorry for ignorant question, but what to the rear spring pads do?? performance, or looks?
the spring pad sits on top of the rear springs and is 13mm in thickness stock. you can get a 5mm pad from the dealer to get an additional 8mm of lowering. I don't feel any difference performance wise but I guess theoretically the ride may be harsher.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

14' CLS550
i wanna get a coil over kit, but i was thinkin springs for now.. do they make springs for the 4matic?
Old 09-24-2008, 10:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C300 Sport/Palladium Silver on Black/P2
eye-

Your wheels look gorgeous! There aren't many wheels I ever find attractive, and those I would actually want on my car too. Nice!
Old 09-25-2008, 11:22 AM

2010 E63
the spring pad sits on top of the rear springs and is 13mm in thickness stock. you can get a 5mm pad from the dealer to get an additional 8mm of lowering. I don't feel any difference performance wise but I guess theoretically the ride may be harsher.
Wheels look great and height looks very good too! How much were the pads? Were they only for the rear or can you get them for the front as well.? Did you install them yourself? If so, how long did it take?

Thanks
Old 09-25-2008, 11:59 AM

2008 C300 Sport
looking for super sports or eibachs, due to the issue with the regular h &r's not lowering enough...

what are the advantages of coil overs, and why are they so much better (sorry for the ignorant question)? I keep hearing how everybody is waiting so i assume they must be way better of an option?
simply changing out the springs takes a toll on the original suspension. the OEM shocks are matched to go with the OEM springs, so when you change out the springs, the shocks do not "match".

anyway, without making it too complicated, you can run into some cambering (when the upper part of the wheel turns inward - creating that "A" look) and it wears out your tires 5x as fast.

coil-overs are an entire spring/shock replacement - obviously it's a better choice but it's much (MUCH) more expensive and I believe only KW-V3's are available.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
X3 and 2012 C coming soon
Eyemd, that is the pefect ride height. With the lower rear pads I thought the rear might look saggy, but it looks great. BTW, those springs don't really harm the OE struts. I am very leary of using aftermarket springs with OE struts too so I called Sachs, the OE manufacturer. The employee I spoke with told me W204 shocks will work fine with Eibach springs. W204 shocks are also used in seven different applications by Benz all with different heights and spring rates.

Be careful with KW V3s. They are very good, but have a lot of different adjusment possibilities, most of which will not be useable on the streets.

Last edited by Derspeed; 09-25-2008 at 12:10 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:35 PM

C350
Originally Posted by 350driver
Wheels look great and height looks very good too! How much were the pads? Were they only for the rear or can you get them for the front as well.? Did you install them yourself? If so, how long did it take?

Thanks
thanks for all the nice comments. those rims are pretty sick...

the pads were like 10 bucks from the dealer and only for the rear. you have to remove the entire spring to access the spring pad so it takes the same amount of time as swapping the springs, about 20-30 min each side.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:47 PM

C350
Originally Posted by mb_horseshoe
simply changing out the springs takes a toll on the original suspension. the OEM shocks are matched to go with the OEM springs, so when you change out the springs, the shocks do not "match".

anyway, without making it too complicated, you can run into some cambering (when the upper part of the wheel turns inward - creating that "A" look) and it wears out your tires 5x as fast.

coil-overs are an entire spring/shock replacement - obviously it's a better choice but it's much (MUCH) more expensive and I believe only KW-V3's are available.
as derspeed said, the eibachs work fine with the stock shocks. i'm sure in the long run, the shocks will wear out faster...so we will see...i'll be ready to replace with aftermarket shocks when the time comes, or maybe there will be coilovers available that will be more reasonable in price.

i don't have any camber issues, after an alignment of course...everything was in spec so no tire wear issues.

of course coilovers is the best choice if you have the $$$.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:46 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 C300
This car sits just right. Best lowered w204 I've seen yet. Very sweet.

after pics with 19" rims also, unfortunately I don't have pics with the stock rims

contrary to what others have said, I got about a 1 inch drop all around from the stock sports suspension after they settled, which was very noticeable.

this is my big contribution for today.

Old 10-11-2008, 01:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 Prius & Miata MX5 PRHT, 2010 Toyota Venza AWD, 05 C55 AMG, Yamaha 1100 Custom, Honda 250 Reflex
Eibach Pro-Kit Springs

Here's mine with Eibach Pro-Kit springs.

For me, it's just the right amount of lowering and the ride is still smooth and comfortable.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:49 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W204 C280
thanks for all the nice comments. those rims are pretty sick...

the pads were like 10 bucks from the dealer and only for the rear. you have to remove the entire spring to access the spring pad so it takes the same amount of time as swapping the springs, about 20-30 min each side.
You wouldn't happen to have the part number for the rear spring pad that you had installed in your car would you? Thanks!
Old 01-07-2009, 09:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W204 C280
Originally Posted by benggolf
Here's mine with Eibach Pro-Kit springs.

For me, it's just the right amount of lowering and the ride is still smooth and comfortable.
Great pictures! You wouldn't happen to have a direct side profile picture of your car with the lowering springs would you? Thanks!
Old 01-07-2009, 05:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 C230K '10 GLK350 '13 SMART
H&R Super Sports w/ stock pads
OFFICIAL W204 Lowering Spring Thread - Post Pics of Eibach Pro Kit, H&R Sport and SS-img_0669.jpg
Old 01-07-2009, 05:31 PM

2012 Mercedes SLS and 2014 Mercedes S63
Supersports by far look the best. I have them with 20" wheels and I have zero rubbing. The ride is good and handling is better than stock
Old 01-07-2009, 07:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 c300 sport 6MT, 2013 CL550, 2015 S550
I just checked TireRack site and they do offer H&R coil over kit for non 4matic models. They are $1K more then just set of springs, but if you are really looking “to feel a difference” in driving, that is only way to go. If you are lowering your car just for a “sportier look” go with springs only.
TireRack link:
http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/S...lar=&brand=all

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL W204 Lowering Spring Thread - Post Pics of Eibach Pro Kit, H&R Sport and SS