MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204-83/)
-   -   Bad News today (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/263596-bad-news-today.html)

Spec_Davis 10-02-2008 06:53 PM

Bad News today

Revised

Okay first of all new drivers should be much careful when they drive or park there freaking cars in a parking spot with cars around them... Okay today i was working in the mall and i went out during break walking towards my car and seen a White Oldsmobile doing this wide ass turn into this spot near my car. First of all i'm walking towards the back of his car trying to wait for him to park in the spot, then he suddenly reversed back and i was like this KID can't park, so he back up and he adjusted.I was in my car drop off my stuff that i did not need came out and he shouted out his window, "i hit you car", I ran out to the side of my car like a freaking maniac saw the white scratches and chipped off tinted amber corners and i was like you did hit my car. I didnt hear my alarm go off or didnt hear anything until he said something. Hear this! this guy came out of his car all nervous and i asked him for his ins. card registration, drivers L, and phone number and he told me "its in my car and i locked my self out", i was like great! he called his mother up and she came 20 min later talked and exchanged a bit with his mother. His mother thank me for not being loud and upset and she decided that she will pay out of the pocket instead of going through insurance. One thing i will not forget, the 17 year old kid said, "hey man nice car and sorry i did that to it" i wanted to hit the kid but he iwas only 17 and he just got his license on Monday. My Luck!:smash:

so im going to a body shop going to get an estimate and what do you guys think i should do get a C63 bumper w new corners or just a c300 bumper painted w smoke corners?

Pics:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...1002081810.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...1002081505.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...1002081506.jpg

Vector02 10-02-2008 07:01 PM

I feel for you; I think? :nix:

Your story would be more effective with proper sentence structure and punctuation.

Spec_Davis 10-02-2008 07:07 PM

just a little tense right now bc of it happen today. sorry for the grammer mistakes.

amdeutsch 10-02-2008 07:08 PM

I hope you have witnesses. This paying out of pocket can come back to bite you.

Vector02 10-02-2008 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Spec_Davis (Post 3085249)
just a little tense right now bc of it happen today. sorry for the grammer mistakes.

No prob. I'm just glad the kid fessed up! Consider yourself lucky.

Azn_C300 10-02-2008 07:12 PM

honestly, without seeing it in person, looks like you can just buff that out and replace the sidemarker. I didn't check the prices, but if the C63 bumper is a lot more than the c300 bumper, don't be a douche and make them front the difference as they seemed like good people and was just an unfortunate accident. Just take them for the cost of a c300 bumper and get a c63 one if you want, making up cost difference on your end.

Spec_Davis 10-02-2008 07:15 PM

i'll probably do that c300 bumper with smoke corners.

FrankW 10-02-2008 08:15 PM

63 bumper doesn't even fit without the 63 fender. from the pic some buffing and minor touch up will take care of it. like azn_c300 said, don't be a douche. it's not like the bumper is cracked or took very heavy damage.

brian1215 10-02-2008 08:55 PM

well, if i were u, i would've yelled at the guys who would haf dented my car.. but still, at least he apologised, in a way that was meaningful:slap:

Azn_C300 10-02-2008 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by briantono (Post 3085451)
Dude.. PLEaseee.. i am sixteen and if i hit a car on accident and somone were to hit me, i would beat the fuk out of the guy and slit his throat off, just becuz someone is younger does not mean he cant kick ur ass... i've seen a guy who is like 25, got beaten up by this big muscular 18 year old.. HE WENT DOWN

http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/...o-facepalm.jpg

Quattrovix 10-02-2008 09:22 PM

Dude.. PLEaseee.. i am sixteen and if i hit a car on accident and somone were to hit me, i would beat the fuk out of the guy and slit his throat off, just becuz someone is younger does not mean he cant kick ur ass... i've seen a guy who is like 25, got beaten up by this big muscular 18 year old.. HE WENT DOWN

Calling on moderators. Please ban this Briandombo from this forum. His is making everyone look bad here and I don't want to be a member of a forum he does. Please......

hyukki 10-02-2008 10:16 PM

:slap:

Spec_Davis 10-02-2008 10:20 PM

he was a good kid i'm not going to rob his money i'm just going to get that side repainted bc the edge of the bumper paint came off you could buff the other scratches n needs a new corner light.

451/443=EW 10-02-2008 10:24 PM

Ok lets all settle down, including you kid. If someone hit my car, I would feel the same kid or no kid. That not unreasonable to be pissed. After all he didnt hit anyone. To the OP, ya it sucks but the kid did say sorry and he did tell you. That should give the kid some props. I know many kids that would have hightailed it outa there. Dont make a big deal out of this, as much as it sucks you dont have to make the kid pay for a new bumper. That will only teach the guy to keep his mouth shut and leave next time he hits a car.

I do feel you pain. Its not nice having scars on your ride.

peet 10-02-2008 10:26 PM

FWIW - if you swap the piece, that body piece will have an "R" vin sticker on it - so if anyone knows what they're looking for, they will question why you replaced that body piece. Sure it was a baby scratch, but who knows - especially when you tell the next buyer, nope - no crashes.

Spec_Davis 10-02-2008 10:33 PM

i dont want a car fax report on it so me and his mother decide to get an estimate first then we can see what will happen from there. I just want the car to have a clean title.

CarGuru 10-02-2008 11:59 PM

I used to be an insurance adjuster, there is no way that damage will fly as a full replacement. In all seriousness it's about $600-$700 worth of damage, about 1.5 hours feather edge & sand area, fill & smooth the area then prep prime and paint no need to blend as black will butt match to the fenders. Also figure the paint material plus the R&I time to remove the bumper and all the lights and such. If you are going out of pocket, I recommend getting three estimates and going with the best shop not the best priced shop.

-Ryan

whkento 10-03-2008 01:09 AM

Dude, you don't have to tell us you're sixteen, we can figure that out from the rest of your inane post. Please, if you have something positive to add to this forum, by all means do so. But leave that other crap for your friends' Facebook pages. :slap:

To SpecDavis, sorry that happened. I'm glad that at least he was honest, and his familyas well. Hope it gets worked out well. I know nothing about body work, so can't offer any advice on what to do. Glad we have an expert like Car Guru around. :)

Ron Jr 10-03-2008 07:57 AM

Sorry to hear about this. The only good thing is the kid and his mom seem like stand up people. And you definitly want to keep it off of Carfax. My last car a kid rode his bike into the front bumper of my car while sitting at a light. He and his friends said I was making a right on red (not allowed on that corner so I wasn't) and he would call the cops if I didn't give hime $100.00. I pulled out my cel phone and called the Police myself. Well the kid was only 15 and in NYS if a kid under 16 is in any sort of accident he has to go to the emergency room. The kids parents were at a party and he wasn't supposed to leave the house. Long story short because I called the police and got an accident report and also since this kid already tried to extort money from me I reported it to my insurance company. Total damage was two scratches less than 1/8 inch (after I polished out the rubber marks) the insurance guy estimated it would cost 475.00 to fix, I had a 500.00 deductable on that car. I go to sell the car and the carfax shows the accident and I lose around 1500.00 on the value of the car.

Spec_Davis 10-03-2008 10:12 AM

Wow! your car value drop bc of that incident. Def stay away from carfax and insurance.

brian1215 10-03-2008 01:40 PM

yea, u guys are right, i should settle down. hahaha sorry about the aggresive remarks. haha. kinda carried away, because i have had to many annoying incidents..:y:y

hutch300 10-03-2008 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by briantono (Post 3086737)
yea, u guys are right, i should settle down. hahaha sorry about the aggresive remarks. haha. kinda carried away, because i have had to many annoying incidents..:y:y

I suggest editing your previous post.

Devastator187 10-03-2008 02:45 PM

There should be some type of maturity test at the dealer when purchasing a MB. :crazy:

who8888 10-03-2008 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by hutch300 (Post 3086845)
I suggest editing your previous post.

+1000

That is just a sick post! :crazy: Carried away is an understatement.

SPEC,

Hope you get it fixed without too much hassle.

Spec_Davis 10-03-2008 09:40 PM

Thanks for the advice everyone going on Monday to 3 Auto Body shops.